“Lunch experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 4,141 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is on U.S. 281 north.
“Lunch experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The steaks were delicious and cooked the way we asked!
Onion Rings also were great.
The salad edge was also good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Great steak bar none! Some of the best food in texas. The salt grass steak house is our favorite place to eat a steak anytime we visit texas.

• Visited July 2013
San Antonio Texas
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

First I attempted to get TripAdvisor to ad a page foe the 281 "Donella" location but that didn't work. I can't speak for the experience at San Pedro..but the Salt Grass on 281 is phenomenal. Friday and Saturdays there is a wait after 6 pm so reservations are a great idea. My husband loves the steaks, the kids love the ribs, I love the wedge salad. Yes, It is amazing. I've had them every place that makes them and nobodies is as great as Salt Grass. The lettuce is always crunchy, tomatoes, bacon ranch and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar just makes it. I ask for the Bleu cheese to be left off and definitely get the fresh cracked pepper when it is served. I make an entire meal of the wedge salad and a baked potato and I never finish the potato. The artichoke spinach dip is heavenly.The staff works like a well oiled machine. The bar drinks are about average for a steakhouse price wise, maybe a little over generous with the alcohol for my tastes. Tea glasses never get empty. The entire facility is immaculate. The staff is professional and works well together. The only thing I won't order here is the chicken fried steak. Excess batter with no meat. The gravy is great, the meat is great..just can't deal with the excess fried batter. The Shiner Bock bread is warm and wonderful. Texas Land and Cattle was my favorite for a long time..but Salt Grass has upstaged them now, just a tad. The only thing I would add or change..is a petite cut steak for the ladies. A 6 oz NY strip or ribeye would be perfect. My husband loves that all the steaks a generous portions..I wish there was one small choice. We love that you will see casual wear, business attire and sometimes even kids on their way to Prom. Our grandson can never leave until he has counted all the horse shoes in the sidewalk surrounding the building.

• Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Always a great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been to some of the finest (read, costly) steakhouses in the USA. Having lived in Texas now for 13 years, all of them in San Antonio, I can tell you that the steakhouses in town rank with the best in the Country. While you can pay $60 for a steak, along with $10-$12 for sides at some of the very well known "high end" steakhouses here, you can also get nearly the same quality meat for FAR less at Salt Grass. I've eaten virtually every steak meal on the menu and call tell you that the value is outstanding ... far superior to those other more expensive steakhouses. The meat is succulent, with just the right seasoning ( garlic please!), always cooked as ordered (make that almost always, we had a single time - out of 10 visits - when we had a single steak that was overcooked - but replaced almost immediately at the right temp), and the sides are fresh, tasty and come with the meal. Six of us, 4 adults and two kiddos, can eat steak (plus sides and drink) for around $30 per person. Try that at Ruth's Chris or Morton's - ain't gonna happ'n.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

we went in for lunch the food was great the service was fantastic it was a very wonderful Springs this is the salt grass on Huebner Oaks Shopping Center

Visited May 2013