“Shooting with Cowboys” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 146 Activities in San Antonio
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: By appointment only! We strongly recommend booking at least 30 days in advance! Seriously!! San Antonio Western Shooting provides a safe, supervised fun Western Shooting Experience using real guns and real bullets. We provide instruction in the safe handling shooting of all guns. No experience necessary! You will have the opportunity to shoot reproductions of guns such as the Colt 1873 Peacemaker pistol in a western setting. When you get used to those guns we will have you shoot the double barreled shotgun. Shooters will shoot about 75 rounds and it will take about 3 hours, the cost is $130 per person. All of our shooting sessions are by appointment only! Sorry, no "fast draw" or "twirling" of guns is permitted. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are permitted onsite. Guests may bring observers at no extra cost. See our website and Facebook page for more information. Unruly children will be sold to the Comanche.
Iowa
“Shooting with Cowboys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

San Antonio western shooting is a great experience. Safe, exciting, and a memorable experience or son won't forget. The operators are gentlemen, they teach you how to shoot, and tell stories of the old west. You get to shoot a variety of old west guns at several stations and even play a couple of games. When your done, the people on "Top Shot" won't seem quite as impressive.

An experience that exceeded our expectations.

“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I found SAWS through TripAdvisor and decided to try it out. It far exceeded our expectations! It is an amazing experience, very safe and well run, and full of shooting expereinces you will not find elsewhere. All in our family are avid shooters with a great deal of experience (including our kids from ages 14-19). I have to say, that this topped the list for something new and definitely that you will not get from your local gun range.

The hosts are skilled rangemasters and marksmen that teach proper gun handling, safe range behavior, and do it in a friendly unassuming way. Not only is the themed experience worth your time, the stories these guys tell make it even better!

Definitely a worthwhile experience and value!

Parksville, Canada
“A Blast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My son and I had a fantastic time. Definitely the highlight of the trip. Safe and well-run by guys who made it a great experience. The only thing that would have made it better was if I was a better shot than my son :-)
Lee (Nanaimo, Canada)

Pierre Part, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our trip to San Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the western shooting experience while in San Antonio although the entire visit produced much fun and great memories. The western shooting was for my benefit, but my wife was pleasantly surprised once we got started and she outshot myself and almost the other two male participants both of which were from San Antonio and were kind and friendly to us. Each of the instructors were knowledgable of the vintage firearms and of the safety requirements. They also made sure that our experience was fun and memorable. Thanks again sirs; We also enjoyed the western stories.

Visited June 2013
Tombal
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a fabulous time! I signed me, my husband and 2 friends up as a unique way to celebrate my 40th birthday! 3 of us had no prior shooting experience and were a little intimidated at first but within minutes were so comfortable due to the excellent instruction and attention to safety!! It was so much fun and we have taken away great memories! Totally worth it!

Visited June 2013