“Great Place - Great Staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North

You added Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North to your Saves list
Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   801 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio, TX 78258 (Far North Central)   |
Ranked #35 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Colorado
“Great Place - Great Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights. What a great place and the price can't be beat. Book the hotel online and get the internet rate. Keep checking because the room price kept changing for the better each time I clicked. breakfast was very good, the dinner and drinks were good and loved the popcorn in the lobby! The rooms are large and clean and comfortable. The staff is stellar! The breakfast lady and the dinner lady sang and were happy and rays of sunshine. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful and friendly. Good location between Riverwalk and points north like hill country.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brownsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I wanted to take a moment to recognize the staff at the Drury Inn and Suites North near Stone Oak Parkway in San Antonio. It is close to a lot of things, well back up. It is close to my main destinations when I have to visit San Antonio that I am going to start staying at this location. The rooms are very modern and clean. The hotel is 5 Star quality. The breakfast is terrific and Sarah who was on duty Friday Night February 7, 2014 made the arrival smooth and easy. I checked out with Dale and Naima who provided a band aid and an extra for an what now is an infection on my foot but with the band aid, at least it did not further infect. The only thing that was not convenient was the parking which I see the Plaza next door has a parking garage, will ask next time if it ok to park there.

I know that Kevin from the Pear Tree by the Airport is filling in temporarily. So if this is shared with his bosses; please transfer him, Crystal, Tiffany, and Hengame to this location. It would be amazing!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed at this wonderful place January 18 and 19, 2014 while we were being tourists in San Antonio. We always look for Drury and this one met our high expectations. It is a lovely member of the chain, with a beautiful 5 story atrium, huge beautifully decorated rooms, hot tub, interior heated pool, great hot breakfast, big flat screen TV, fast wifi, free parking, very helpful friendly staff – in all departments, but especially Jessica at the front desk and the breakfast room staff. And let us not forget their famous happy hour with several hot entries and drinks all included. I wish we could find Drury Inns on all of our travels. Perhaps the greatest feature was the surprisingly low price for what, in reality is the pace-setter among 3 star hotels. We stayed for under $75 per night, in San Antonio! (Admittedly it would have been at least twice as much at Drury’s inn downtown on the River walk near the Alamo). We will go out of our way to stay at this facility again, no matter what the price.

Room Tip: We doubt there are bad rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites north over Xmas week. We had a two room suite with refrigerator, microwave and two TVs. From the start of our stay, our refrigerator made horrible clanking noises. It seemed to get worse each day. We finally asked the people at the front desk to fix it or replace it. They promised to have it completed while we was out for the day. It did not happen. We had to complain again. They replaced the refrigerator with a 'repaired' unit, which we found out over night it did not keep anything cold, even on the highest setting. So we had to complain again. They then replaced that refrigerator with another 'repaired' unit. This unit froze everything, even on the lowest setting. We complained again. They assured us they would have it replaced while we were out. That did not happen. I had to complain to the GM to get the unit replaced yet again. They finally got it right. They did take a day off the bill, and the GM purchased us a $50 dollar gift card to a nice local restaurant. So he did try hard to make it right. Shame it was at the end of our trip. Also, something else to keep in mind, the walls and ceiling is very thin. We had a family that had kids staying in the room above us. All we heard all night was thump thump thump thump while the kids ran around. The people who work there are exceptionally nice though. Even though they had difficulty getting a working refrigerator, they were extremely helpful in other areas. Jessica went out of her way finding us restaurants that were open on Xmas eve and Xmas night. Dale politely tried to get the family upstairs to quiet the children. I would recommend this hotel, but I would suggest you get a corner room on the sixth floor so you only have one neighbor and and no one above you.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our experience shows that direct guest feedback has a great impact on our staff, who have a genuine desire to create the best possible stay for our guests. I apologize that we seem to have missed several opportunities to correct the refrigerator issue in your room and we certainly regret any inconvenience. I was pleased to learn, however, that Jessica and Dale were able to assist you with your other questions and concerns. I, too, would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your stay in more detail, please contact me directly at your convenience. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Michael Bazar
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is a clean comfortable hotel for a short stay. The staff were helpful and friendly. The free evening meal had the same menu each day so if you were staying for a longer period it could become monotonous. The free breakfast was adequate. Dinner and breakfast time can get very busy on the weekend when there are a lot of families staying. This hotel is okay for all types of trips but is really geared towards families with kids. A note of advice -This is one of several Drury properties in the San Antonio area. Our navigation system struggled with the address and sent us to 2 other properties before we got the correct one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Foley, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a lot the past few months until now. The staff are great at providing good service inside the hotel. My problem was that my Work truck (valued over $60,000)was stolen from the well lit parking lot about 40 feet from the main entrance. They have no cameras outside, or any walking security. The Drury Plaza is next door and the parking lots connect with great lighting. You would think that between the 2 hotels they could have some kind of security in their parking area.The overflow parking is behind the building and is dark with no lights. My truck was stolen between 5:30PM and 8:00PM on a weekday. It was recovered a block away at La Quinta Inn thanks to it being equipped with GPS tracking. I lost over $4000 in tools and personal property.
Property can be painfully replaced. But with no security, it could be a person next time. Since their employees park in the back parking lot, I pray the can be safe somehow.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevators and ice machines. Ice is only on the 1st and 5th floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We take your feedback very seriously, as it provides us with immediate opportunities for improvement. Please know that our hotels, like most responsible businesses, do provide security patrols of our grounds 7 days per week. Being in a newly developing urban area, however, it is always a good idea to take additional precautions. Please know also that your experience was an isolated one. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the exceptional level of service that you should expect from Drury Hotels. If you would like to discuss anything further, or if there is anything else I can do to assist, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Michael Bazar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here while we took our kids for a weekend trip to Seaworld and did the Sesame Street breakfast. I've never stayed at a Drury before but it made it a place I look for now. Spacious, very clean, polite and helpful staff and rounded out with food and drinks provided- it makes it a steal o a deal for large families looking to save on costs. Another plus Sams club and other stores were only a couple streets over helping save more money. We will have this as one of our "go to" hotel providers!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North? Share your experiences!