“Great hotel at a great price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North

Save Saved
You added Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North to your Saves list
Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   801 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio, TX 78258 (Far North Central)   |
Ranked #34 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Great hotel at a great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Brooke at the front desk was extremely nice and always willing to help. The breakfast and night reception was good. The entire staff is eager to please. Pool area was nice, exercise area was limited on equipment. The only downfall was the bed was very SOFT. Free internet worked good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Crowley, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was somewhat disappointed with my stay at the Drury this weekend after all the glowing reviews. We were given the room directly above the front entry. It was loud until at least midnight the first night of our stay. Maybe it's me because I was given the same lousy location at another chain when I visited San Antonio last year. The carpet in the room was worn looking. The shower was fabulous, hot and high pressure, and the only real treat of the stay. Luckily I brought my own bar soap because the only soap provided was bath gel. The bath gel, shampoo, and conditioner were provided in containers attached to the shower wall. The bed was comfortable. The wi-fi worked well which is unusual. We were in town for a wedding and were not able to participate in the free food and drinks each evening either night of a two night stay. Maybe I would have felt like it was a better value if I had been able to have free food and drinks.

Room Tip: Room 203 is directly above the main entrance. You can hear the highway noise and the noise of people...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Missouri City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed here in October with my wife for a long weekend. We actually ended up here by mistake as my wife thought she was making a reservation at the neighboring Drury Plaza. We were disappointed initially, but fund the place very nice, clean, quiet and overall a very good value for the area. The breakfast was good, I'll stay here again. Mostly the standard motel lobby fare, but well prepared and presented.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bullard, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Drury Inn & Suites is the place we always stay any more. Top of the line clean. Supper is served! Never have to get back out on the road to find a place to eat. Breakfast is so much more than a bowl of cereal. Nice and warm eats. And ALL staff is so friendly......We find this to be true at every Drury. Did not have time for a swim, but this pool is all enclosed, not a half out/half in like some. Looked really nice. First time we had a lap top with us. So easy to connect and use. It is unsecure though. Family member traveled with us and in a different room. We had requested close rooms and they put us next to each other. Grateful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here fro two nights when I took my parents to San Antonio. We were greeted right away by a friendly employee at the front counter. The rooms were nice, just like every Drury I've stayed in. No issues with the two beds in the room or with the room itself.

The hot breakfast provided every morning was delicious. The chef kept the food coming and full. Even at 915 am, there was plenty of hot food still available.

The food and popcorn provided at 5:30 was nice. Popcorn, meatballs, and other appetizers were provided. You could really make a meal out of it.

Would I stay here again, yes. Just be warned that during my stat in October there was still a lot of construction going on on 1604 and 281, so be prepared for that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel was a great value, we stayed for the weekend, and booked a suite for $5 more a night than a standard room. We did not make it to the cocktail hours in the evening, but I wish we could have. The hotel is not the newest or fanciest, but it is very clean, the service was great. Their motto is "the extras aren't extra" (or something along those lines) and I was really impressed that was true. They even let our dog stay in the room with no deposit and no fees!

Will definitely stay again if I am in the area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The location is perfect if you are in the northern part of town. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left my stay here was perfect. Upon arrival the front desk clerk named Brooke had me quickly checked in and on my way.

I arrived in time for complimentary evening cocktails and food in the dining area which consisted of adult beverages, chips & queso, fresh veggies, hot dogs with all the fixins and more. I had dinner plans so I only had a small bite but the Margarita was perfect.

The room was perfectly clean as well as the bathroom, the television functioned just fine and the Wi-Fi always worked; seriously, I found no problems even worth mentioning. Breakfast in the morning was a full breakfast with eggs, potatoes, sausage, cereal and more not to mention plenty of coffee and juice to go around. I travel to San Antonio a few times a year and this hotel is my new favorite – I will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North? Share your experiences!