“Love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mokara Hotel and Spa

You added Mokara Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Mokara Hotel and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   212 W. Crockett, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Watermark Hotel and Spa) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #2 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Silver City, New Mexico
“Love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The rooms were wonderful! So quiet! The workout room was great. We enjoyed our stay here. You are able to walk out right onto the riverwalk so it was great access. There are not many places to potty dogs in downtown San Antonio, but we were able to make do. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at the Mokara for a few nights and found it to be an exceptional accomodation. The staff was gracious and personable while the entire property was spotless and comfortable. The complementary water, jetted tub and other extras were very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Request a 'river' view if possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our stay at the Mokara was one of the best experiences we have had at any hotel. The location was so convenient that we walked everywhere we wanted to go. The room was beautiful and the breakfast was delicious but the staff was what really set this hotel apart. The valet, front desk staff, concierge, room service staff, even the "turn down" person treated us like we were the most important customer there. Everyone seemed to really enjoy making our stay be the best experience it could possible be - and they did! We will stay at the Mokara again.

Room Tip: We did the breakfast package and you can have it in the restaurant or delivered to your room. Room s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manalapan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a brief but memorable stay at The Mokara Hotel and Spa. The service was absolutely impeccable at this hotel. Everyone from the front desk to the bellmen are wonderful and do everything they can to get you whatever you need or don't need. Perfect service. The room was spacious, clean and just plain comfortable. The shower was great and the bed gave us our best night of sleep all week. The spa is worthy of trying as well...very clean and every amenity you would want. The actual massage was good...not great, but good and professional.

It's located right on the Riverwalk, so it doesn't get anymore convenient than that. There was no view from our room which was disappointing but that's just nitpicking. Do not hesitate to stay here...the perfect place if you are going to the Riverwalk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was in town on business and was set to stay across the river at Omni. That hotel filled and they moved several of us across the river to Mokara (week before we arrived). While the rooms were fine at Omni La Mansion, the rooms and entire hotel at Mokara (sister hotel) was clearly in a different league. When checking in they knew my name when I got out of the cab. The staff was very attentive at check in and did all the little things. It was the most simple check in I have ever had at a hotel. The room is as described and pictured in the other posts. I would compare the room quality on par with the rooms in Vegas at the Venetian but not as large. The room was very clean. The shower and jetted tub were very nice and vanity was large with ample space for all the things my wife brings with her. As other have noted, if you want a view, be sure to request the view. I did not bother me as I was in meetings or on the river/bars most of the time.
My wife took advantage of the spa and a haircut. She thought the staff was very good there as well. Checkout was a breeze and they once again knew my name and that I was on my way from my room to check out (are the elevators monitored for room key use?). The staff was great and there was a taxi for my trip to the airport ready for me without even saying a word.
This place is obviously top tier and they work hard to keep it that way. On my next trip I hope to enjoy the rooftop pool area a bit more.

Room Tip: I didn't really care about a view from the room so I was happy with anything. However, if you w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great hotel but my big window faced a big wall. Despite the fact that this was a basic room, I was surprised that this hotel would have a room with no view at all! No garden, courtyard, pool, nothing. If you are looking for a good hotel on the river, consider this hotel's sister property across the river: La mansion del Rio. It has a lot of rooms with balconies facing the Riverwalk and the prices are more reasonable.

Room Tip: Refuse the rooms facing "the wall"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brent G, Manager at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Our location provides several different views of downtown San Antonio and the surrounding area. Although it is not always possible for each guestroom to have a scenic view, we do make every effort to accommodate all guest requests. It is our sincere hope that we can welcome you back again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was not familiar with this hotel before our stay, but good friends treated me to a long weekend for my birthday at this gorgeous hotel. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel. Great location, friendly staff, beautiful large room with a balcony overlooking the riverwalk. I could not have asked for a nicer place to stay. The bathroom alone with the large jaccuzzi tub was quite a treat. I can honestly say I have not enjoyed a hotel so much in a long, long time...if ever. Also, the restaurant, Ostra, was very good, the breakfast was great. I hope I'm fortunate enough to stay at the Mokara Hotel again some day. I would highly recommend The Mokara Hotel and Spa to anyone.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the riverwalk, corner suites are great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mokara Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!