“Good Priced Hotel in Downtown San Antonio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1309 East Commerce, San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #104 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas
“Good Priced Hotel in Downtown San Antonio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

I enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Express Suites Rivercenter. When I checked in I was given an upgrade to a suite. (In June I spent $99 a night) This room had a separate bedroom with a door, free wired high-speed Internet access, 2 TV’s pullout sofa, chair, a desk and chair. There was also an area between the living and bedroom area that included a microwave, refrigerator, and a sink.

The city is trying to revitalize the area around the hotel but I felt secure. In fact I was walking back to the hotel on a Thursday night around 10 p.m and did not have any problems. The hotel shuttle is a great way to get to the riverwalk area.

The staff was very friendly and even called my room to make sure that there were not any problems with the room. The bathroom was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an affordable place to stay that is close to the riverwalk area and the Alamodome.

• Stayed June 2006

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2006

We stayed at the HI Express Dec 27 & 28 for the Alamo Bowl being held at the Alamo Dome. The location for the game could not be beat as it's just a couple blocks to Sunset Station and the Dome. The Riverwalk is a little farther however not a bad walk. The Hotel also offers a shuttle service to the RW which we did not use but could be useful. We did use the shuttle service to and from the airport which was a nice way to save a couple bucks on a taxi.

Rooms were nice enough nothing great. Had a frig & microwave which was nice. Clean room and nice continental breakfast. Location around the Hotel could be better and the pool is small but overall a good experience.

• Stayed December 2005
Mesquite, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2006

We stayed at Holiday Express on E. Commerce 12/27 - 12/30. This hotel is farther from the Riverwalk than I expected but still worked out o.k. They run a shuttle to the Riverwalk and other locations. And it is within walking distance, just might be too far for some. The rooms were clean, the continental breakfast is plentiful, and the cost is good compared to other locations.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

I had a great two-night stay here and would definitely stay again. Service at this hotel was excellent and the value was outstanding. The folks at the front desk were especially friendly, helpful and professional. The nightly rate was below almost of the hotels in the area. My room was very clean and came with a fridge and microwave. TV had about 70 channels if you care about that. I enjoyed the morning breakfast which -- though fairly basic (cereal, rolls, fruit, juice, coffee, etc) -- was more than adequate. Drawbacks? The elevator was a bit slow and a little messy at times because it was heavily used. Pool is quite small though well-maintained. The neighborhood behind the hotel is a bit dicey and might make some visitors uneasy, but I had no problems walking the four blocks or so along Commerce (the main street) to the Rivercenter convention area, even late at night. Just use your common sense. I saw several cops on bikes in the area. Hotel also has a shuttle that runs until about 10:30 if you're nervous. Parking was well-lit and secure. Unlike the earlier poster, I had no problems at all with the train. It passed by several times during my stay, but I barely heard it over the air conditioner. Overall, a great stay at an excellent hotel. A much better value than most of the overpriced hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2005

We've just spent three nights at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in San Antonio. This is a good value hotel close to the city centre. It's not directly on the Riverwalk but only a ten min walk or alternatively the hotel runs a complimentary shuttle bus to and from the corner of the river centre every hour (be warned that the last bus back to the hotel at night is at 9:45pm so you will have to walk or get a taxi if you want to enjoy San Antonio's nightlife). We were satisfied with our suite - it contained all the basics needed for our stay. Our room was on the front of the hotel and my partner's complaint was the noise!!! The hotel is situated very near to the train station and trains frequently travel through the city and for some reason sound their horns on the approach to the station for what seems like forever. This goes on late into the night and starts again early in the morning. I didn't hear them but then I sleep like a log. My partner was disturbed everytime! Hotel has usual fare for HI Express breakfast - the hours for breakfast could be extended a little and they don't hang about when it comes to clearing everything away. Hotel has a small pool and whirlpool out the back - the water in the pool was freezing and we had to chase the sun round the pool to avoid the mainly shady areas. Hotel has a guest laundry ($1 for both the washer and dryer) which was very handy. Overall I would recommend this hotel for visiting San Antonio but if you prefer to be in the centre of things you will need to chose a hotel located on the Riverwalk and for that you have to pay more!!! Just down the road from the hotel is a Ruth's Chris Steak House - we ate there one evening - excellent meal! Also ate at the Little Rhein Steak House on the Riverwalk - again I would recommend this restaurant for its location and atmosphere. While in San Antonio you have to take a boat ride on the river ... typical tourist activity but worth it to soak in the ambience of the city.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area

Address: 1309 East Commerce, San Antonio, TX 78205
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio > East Side
#63 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
#76 Business Hotel in San Antonio
#104 Top resorts Hotel in San Antonio
#104 Luxury Hotel in San Antonio
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area. We are also the closest Holiday Inn Express hotel to The Riverwalk, Convention Center, Rivercenter Mall, Alamo Dome. This San Antonio downtown hotel is 100% smoke free!! All of the guestrooms in our hotel include microwaves & refrigerators, complimentary in room coffee, complimentary high speed Internet access, & of course, our Simply Smart Bedding Collection as well as our Stay Smart shower head. Upgrade to one of our suites for additional space & comfort. All of the hotels suites include wet bars, sofa sleepers in the living room & separate televisions in the bedroom & living room. With features like free hot breakfast, free Internet access, free shuttle service to Convention Center, River Center Mall and Market Square, free parking, why stay anywhere else? Our friendly staff & special services make us the Smart choice when staying in San Antonio. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rivercenter Area & leave everything to us. Again, welcome to San Antonio!! We look forward to having you!! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area
Holiday Inn Express Rivercenter
Holiday Inn San Antonio
San Antonio Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.