You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Awesome Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

my recent stay with HIE was AMAZING! The rooms were clean and well maintained, there were so many options at breakfast it was delicious! the general manager even made an appearance during breakfast (shows that he takes time to welcome people not just behind some desk) The staff truly made my experience so memorable, they went out of there way to ensure me and my family had a great time so helpful <3 o and this hotel has a shuttle that takes you downtown for FREE! what more could you want! beats paying parking downtown. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and will defienetly be back again.
#satisfied guest :)

Room Tip: *Rooms on Parking Lot side are quieter*
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Shingle Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Positives: Close to Alamodome and Rivercenter. Breakfast is included. Small pool and fitness room are there (but we didn't use them). Ice water always available. (A nice touch would have been to add some lemon or limes to the water.) Very comfortable, open lobby area. Lots of parking in decent-sized spaces.

Negatives: If you want good internet service, DON'T stay here. It cuts out periodically, so it's very frustrating, especially when you need to use the internet for work as you're on vacation. Other guests told me the wi-fi on their smart phones kept cutting out, too. Some employees were very helpful, but others were cranky. This hotel seems very tired - hallways seemed dim and dirty and smelled of smoke. Our room was fine except for the showerhead facing at us when we turned it on. (Note to housekeeping staff - that's NOT funny!) Not safe to walk anywhere after dark.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

when I checked in the front office signed me up for some rewards program that I could use right a way so I did this includes late check out at 2. I asked if I could check out late on the last day they said yes no problem just call us that a.m. so I did and they said sorry it was not possible I spent 4 days and 3 night on the last night I lost my parking pass at night I informed the front desk and the man informed me that he could not give me a other parking pass and that if I didnt have a parking pass my truck would be towed away, the only reason he gave me one was becuase I told him I payed so much for 3 days and I can get a second parking pass is this how you treat you guest (This was the dald mexican guy that works at night in the front desk area)THANKS I WILL NEVER STAY AGAIN-- other than that it was nice and clean

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Christina78412,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Richland, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We had a "fancy" hotel on the Riverwalk booked but since we were flying in at midnight we chose to stay at this HIE. Check in at that late hour went great. Staff members were very attentive. The rooms were huge with all the conveniences. The included breakfast bar was good and freshly replenished even beyond the "official" closing time. I would have enjoyed some meat options such as bacon or sausage, which are offered at other locations. The only disappointment was the wireless internet. Though speedy service at 15 mbps, the passwords were too lengthy and complicated and every five minutes or so the service would freeze or bog down. You had to cancel, sign on again, and start over. By comparison, the next day's hotel Wi-Fi 5 mbps, but rock-solid reliable and had a simple password I did not have to enter again for the duration of the weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The hotel was very clean, the employees very friendly and the location was GREAT! It is about a 3-5 minute drive to downtown. If you do not have a car or don't want to take yours, they have a complimentary shuttle to the Riverwalk. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The drawback was that our room overlooked the street and there were homeless people living across the street. The pool was about the only drawback as it was very small. The breakfast was on par for a Holiday Inn Express. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and it was well worth with two adults and two kids.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights while in San Antonio for a wedding. The room was great for the three of us. The beds were comfortable. There is a choice of either firm or soft pillows. The room was large with a couch, microwave, and fridge. The parking area is mostly fenced in, so I felt safe parking there overnight. The rate is less than the hotels closer to the river, and the parking and good breakfast are free. I would not walk to the river from this hotel, but they do offer a free shuttle to take you around downtown. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

There are many good things about this Holiday Inn Express. The rooms are huge, with microwaves and mini-fridges, the free breakfast is amazing, and they offer a free shuttle during the day to all the major tourist sites. The major drawback is the location. It is several blocks from the River walk area and the other attractions in San Antonio. It is also in a run down area. We felt OK walking to and from during the day, but did not feel safe walking here after dark. There really isn't anything close by the hotel, so far as restaurants or shops. Although the price was right, I wish we had stayed along the River walk area to feel more connected with the San Antonio area. They also did not have an airport shuttle and the taxi ride averaged $30 each way.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear PTOGreer,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We are pleased to know that you liked your room and its amenities, as well as the complimentary breakfast. We are sorry that your stay was negatively affected by the hotel's location, but the hotel does offer free shuttle to take you to the area's frequently visited spots.

Rosella S
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area

Address: 1309 East Commerce, San Antonio, TX 78205
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Free Breakfast Kitchenette Restaurant Wheelchair access
#34 Business Hotel in San Antonio
#52 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area. We are also the closest Holiday Inn Express hotel to The Riverwalk, Convention Center, Rivercenter Mall, Alamo Dome. This San Antonio downtown hotel is 100% smoke free!! All of the guestrooms in our hotel include microwaves & refrigerators, complimentary in room coffee, complimentary high speed Internet access, & of course, our Simply Smart Bedding Collection as well as our Stay Smart shower head. Upgrade to one of our suites for additional space & comfort. All of the hotels suites include wet bars, sofa sleepers in the living room & separate televisions in the bedroom & living room. With features like free hot breakfast, free Internet access, free shuttle service to Convention Center, River Center Mall and Market Square, free parking, why stay anywhere else? Our friendly staff & special services make us the Smart choice when staying in San Antonio. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rivercenter Area & leave everything to us. Again, welcome to San Antonio!! We look forward to having you!! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area
Holiday Inn Express Rivercenter
Holiday Inn San Antonio
San Antonio Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.