“Excellent in all aspects except one - noise” 3 of 5 stars

Riverwalk Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   262 Losoya St., San Antonio, TX 78205 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #14 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Michigan
“Excellent in all aspects except one - noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This small hotel is in a perfect location - the central downtown. The building is historical and has three floors - the hotel is on the second and third floors. The room is pleasant and has nice tall ceilings; the wooden floor is the original. The people are very friendly and kind. The hotel has excellent hot breakfast and wi-fi, both free. All things in the hotel and rooms work nicely.

What is my complain? The noise, which was really bad during Friday/Saturday nights, slightly better in other nights, because several major roads run next to the building. The hotel has done all things possible. My room has a sonet white-noise generator and my window has been sealed completely by a large layer of clear perspex sheet. But none can stop the cars and motor bikes running along the roads. So, if you are sleep-challenged, look elsewhere. If not, you would enjoy this hotel.

Room Tip: the third floor is better than the second floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed one night at the Riverwalk Vista. Our room was beautiful: rustic but elegant at the same time with distressed leather seating, wood floors, brick walls, slate shower, granite counters...A corner king sized room overlooking the Riverwalk on both sides. We only had to walk across the street to eat at amazing restaurants and enjoy the sights. We really enjoyed playing cards with friends in the common dining/living areas of the hotel. Staff were super helpful...we could hear the traffic, outside noise but This probably comes with the territory staying smack dab in the heart if a city...I sleep with earplugs anyway so no problem. My husband sleeps through anything. There is a white noise machine in the room. We really liked this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

For our second holiday to San Antonio we chose 5 nights at Riverwalk Vista and we can't fault the place. Breakfast was provided daily until 10am as well as cookies in the afternoon and wine in the early evening. Fresh bananas, coffee, tea, hot choc and water was available all day every day. The lift to the 3rd floor was handy for luggage but one has the option to take a stair case instead. Our room was 305, level 3 and facing the street. We were surprised how quiet it was overnight given the hotel is above a McDonalds restaurant. The room is decorated with a rustic theme (common areas are too). We love rustic so it appealed to us. The room was clean, bed was comfy, shower was powerful and had a range of water temps. We also had free wifi in our room. The location can't be beat. Just over the road are the steps down to the bustling part of the Riverwalk. Half a block away is a car park. There are food and drink options within a very short walk. The Riverwalk Center (shopping & cinemas) and The Alamo are a couple of blocks away. The staff were so friendly and helpful too. They booked taxis for us, provided advice on where to park our car and just generally were happy to chat. We plan on returning to SA annually and this will be our home away from home.

Room Tip: Can't complain about room 305. Good view, quiet from both internal and external noise. Close to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was in San Antonio at a convention and my secretary scheduled me to stay the week at the Riverwalk Vista. It was a great experience. Half a block from the Riverwalk and several blocks from the convention center. I couldn't ask for a better location.

Upon arrival, I was asked if I needed help with my bags and then directed to get in the elevator and come to the third floor. I was personally shown to my room (Room 304), was given my room key, yes I said room key, and explained where everything was in my room. The staff was also very helpful with restaurant information in the area.

I also enjoyed wine set out every afternoon at 5:00pm and having coffee available around the clock. The ambiance was very nice and quite on the inside. Great for reading a book or studying, as I was taking a class at the convention.

During the night, the noise outside was louder than other hotels I have stayed at but you have to realize that if you book a hotel on the Riverwalk for a Friday/Saturday night, you have to expect some noise. You are on the Riverwalk for crying out loud. I was in and out numerous times throughout the night and never worried about homeless people on the steps or anything.

The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the shower was awesome. The rain type shower head was great since I am so tall.

Overall, a great experience. I am already planning on bringing my wife back for a weekend get-away. Thank you for the great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Decatur, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were very excited spending a few days in San Antonio the end of November. I chose the Riverwalk Vista Inn b/c of all the positive reviews on TripAdvisor.
Our check-in was quick, but we were very disappointed in the room itself and you only had a normal key to lock your room. Although the Inn is close to the Riverwalk, the room seemed very dated for the nightly rate.
After our first night, my husband left our room and the guests across the hall extended their bedroom into the common area. They also locked the door to the common area, so noone could get in from the main hallway. Never seen anything like this before. We had to wait until after 7am until the Innkeeper on duty arrived to discuss our concerns. It seemed to us they were not going to help to resolve the problem. Supposedly there was a night guard, but we certainly didn't see one. Well, to make a long story short, we moved to a different hotel.
Regarding this Inn, make sure you read their cancellation policy. For instance you have to cancel 10 days prior to your arrival (which seems excessive).
I have learned my lesson. We will be staying at major hotels from now on.

Room Tip: Stay at a hotel directly on the Riverwal
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I looked for hours for a hotel that could accommodate my unique needs for this trip. I needed a hotel in San Antonio that could entice my 90 year old grandmother out of her own house in San Antonio with a limited number of steps and personal touch. I needed a space that was unique enough to satisfy my Manhattan-ite mother with a work space and a tv in front of a couch to satisfy her insomnia needs. And I needed a place with enough privacy for each of us that we enjoyed each other instead of killing one another. Riverwalk Vista had it all! It's unique and upscale without being intimidating. The staff worked with me to give us three rooms down a hallway that we could close off so the space was just ours. The two room suite had a living room work space with it's own bath (perfect for my mother) and a bedroom with the bath right next to the bed (perfect for my grandmother). With me across our private hall we could leave our doors open and wander back and forth - or not. There were also other common spaces throughout that allowed us to have a leisurely breakfast (provided) and catch up without being rushed. The Riverwalk across the street gave us plenty of sightseeing, dining, and wandering time. And, the access code entry and format of the hotel made it feel like city apartment living instead of a stuffy hotel. Now, it was noisy. But, since all of us have lived in large urban spaces before this was not an issue at all. In fact, I would go so far to say that it made my NYC mom feel right at home. In other words, totally satisfying.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Though the location and amenities were above average, I would not recommend staying here, unless you too will be partying until 2 a.m. During my stay, Christmas Week, the street noise and next door television noise did not cease until 2:00 a.m. Also, below my window, the city was running some sort of repair involving sewage/water (?) which involved loud engines and workmen shouting.

Room Tip: Ask if there are rooms available off of Losoya St.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riverwalk Vista? Share your experiences!