“DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE RIVER TAXI!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rio San Antonio Cruises

Rio San Antonio Cruises
Downtown, San Antonio, TX (Downtown)
+1 210-244-5700
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Step aboard a River Cruising Barge for an exciting and entertaining narrative of the rich history of the San Antonio River! Cruises are about 35 minutes long and cover one and a half miles of the beautiful San Antonio River Walk. We also offer Dining Charters, River Taxi shuttle and Private Charters.
Burleson, Texas
“DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE RIVER TAXI!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

When I went to the counter to purchase my tickets, I was told that this was the best deal for what I wanted which was a way to get on and off the boats and explore the River walk. I have a child with cerebral palsy and walking up and down the complete river was too much for him. So I bought the tickets. The lady at the counter said when you see a taxi, just wave them down and they will stop and pick you up. If you don't see one, call the number on the ticket and they will be right there to pick you up and take you where you want to go.........WELL, my experience was far from what she described. We started at one end of the Riverwalk at 6:30 Saturday night and as we browsed, we looked for a river taxi. NARY a taxi was to be found. We never saw one. We started at the Marriott Riverwalk and ended up at the El Tropicana Riverwalk. We kept looking for a taxi, we stopped to eat and kept an eye out for a passing taxi. NONE were to be found!! My son was completely exhausted from walking. We called the number on the ticket. Guess what we got?? Voice mail!!!! This was around 8:00 Saturday night. Option #5 was to leave a name and number for a call back. This is Monday and I have not received a call back yet!!! So, after resting, we headed back down the river. Finally, when we were about half-way back to the Marriott, we saw the ELUSIVE river taxi. My son and I both, yelled and waived our arms for the driver to stop. She looked straight at us, turned her head the other way, and kept on motoring.......No, the boat was not full, Yes, she was going in the direction we wanted. She just refused to stop. SHAME ON YOU, SAN ANTONIO FOR ALLOWING THIS SORT OF BUSINESS TO PREY ON YOUR TOURISTS!!!!!!! Be sure that I will spread the word about this HORRIBLE service to as many people as I can!!!!!

Lafayette, Louisiana
27 attraction reviews
“You have to do this at least once!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I enjoyed the boat cruises very much, so much I had to go another night!
The Christmas lights on the Riverwalk and businesses added to the festive holiday atmosphere.
Learning about the history of the Riverwalk, San Antonio and the surrounding landmarks very interesting.

Our tour guide on my 2nd boat tour was awesome! Very informative, upbeat, kept you interested the entire trip. ( I wish I would have remembered his name!)

Santa Barbara, California
203 attraction reviews
“Fun Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Decent amount of history of the riverwalk and informative. A bit of comedy as well. Good time on a nice afternoon.

Dover, New Hampshire
11 attraction reviews
“Must do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you plan on going to the River Walk you NEED to take the boat ride its about 35 min long and costs $8.25 ( super reasonable price ) . You get to take a river ride that pretty much goes the entire length of the River Walk, some very scenic spots but I liked that you get a lot of information about the history and while on the tour you get to see where everything is and take mental notes of where to eat, etc etc. The guide we had was fun to listen to ( wish I remembered his name ) and he interacted with the people in the boat making a more enjoyable experience.

Visited November 2013
Vernon, Connecticut
37 attraction reviews
“This is a must-do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We took this boat ride first thing in the morning. There were only 8 passengers total. The guide gave us so much information that I only grasped a few bits and pieces. The ride took 30 minutes, longer than I expected for the very reasonable cost of the tickets. It was an excellent way to get an overview of what is available to see and do from the River Walk.

Visited October 2013