“One Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Converse, Texas
“One Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is by far the best BBQ, and the friendliest eating environment in San Antonio, Texas. If you haven't tried their food, then you have missed a blessing. If you visit there once, then you are sured to go back. I happen to stop in a while back, and now they have earned my business. Great Food, and generously served...

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore
“What can I say, WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was travelling to San Antonio on business, trying to do as much as possible in as short as possible, and one of those things was eating. BBQ is what I wanted and looked it up online. Big Bib had some impressive ratings and I just had to try it. I plugged it into the GPS and made my way there. The place is a whole in the wall. You walk in the door and your at the counter. That's it. Order some BBQ. They made me taste everything. You have got to ask for a taste of Jalapeno sausage wrapped in turkey with their sauce. I got a tub of their sauce which was slightly tangy and very original.

Ribs were meaty and great. Brisket was juicy. Jalapeno sausage was bangin'. BBQ turkey was moist and delicious. Pulled pork was good. Yeah, I know, I made a glutton of myself, but I was only in town for a short while and I didn't want to miss out on any BBQ on the menu. I even bought a T-shirt. Also, I bought so much they threw in a X-large Cool-Aid and it was perfect with the ribs. They make some of the best BBQ I have ever tasted and your buck goes a long way. If I'm in San Antonio again I will definitely return to the Big Bib.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Forest, Illinois
“happy to find this place on trip advisor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

this was a little place i've passed a hundred times and never noticed, so i'm happy to have found it on trip advisor and urbanspoon. the people were so nice, and the rib tips were great. brisket was ok, sides were ok, am sad we missed out on the peach cobbler but they were out (it was right before thanksgiving, after all). will return next time we're in town visiting relatives, for sure! eating in would not be too enticing, but for "take out" it was ideal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Washington
“Outstanding BBQ and friendly owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We are visiting San Antonio, and luckily only a few miles away from The Big Bib. We are definitely going back before we leave, maybe more than once. We got there close to closing on a Tuesday. They were out of the ribs so got the boneless version which were outstanding. We bought a pound and brought it home thinking it would be way too much for the two of us, but we kept eating more. This was absolutely delicious BBQ meat, moist and flavorful and very affordable. We also got two sides, chili beans and coleslaw both good and saving the peach cobler for a little later which looks awesome. This family run business is friendly and clean, offering us samples of the meat and turkey (also delicious) and the chili beans. First timers get special treatment! You have to try this place. I hope the locals also support this small but mighty flavorful eating establishment!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
co springs, co
“We found ribs to be great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

the take out was great, all found something in selection to rave about.
we would go again, convenient location off freeway and near airport.

side dishes were expensive for add on but bulk meat prices were ok.

fast service, line moved quickly.
parking is good,