We stayed here for a couple of nights on our last trip to SA. Staff were very friendly & helpful, room was beautiful! The layout is a bit confusing when you first arrive, as the front desk is actually ABOVE the entrance, on the second floor- The lobby & common areas are very nice, the whole place has a great vibe/ atmosphere about it. The rooms are quite dark, as others have mentioned, which wasn't an issue for me, but watch out for the bed frame! We loved the bar & restaurant, service & food were excellent. Richard, the bartender, is a very nice guy & does an awesome job! Valet was great, we never waited more than 5-10 minutes for our car (be aware that valet parking is $30/ night- worth it to us, but we weren't told ahead of time). The one weak point that needs to be mentioned was the bathroom. The tub was a bit older & run down (again, not a horrible thing, just not what we expected from a hotel of this caliber)- chips & rust spots in many places. Also, we found many hairs in the bathroom that were not ours (there when we arrived), especially in the sink. But when mentioned to the front desk, corrected... The courtyard was beautiful, especially at night, with the "fire".
Overall, a beautiful hotel and a pleasant stay! I would not reccomend it for families with small children (no pool or real "kid-friendly" areas), but great for a romantic get away or business trip. We visit SA at least 4-5 times a year & enjoy trying out the various accommodations. Hotel Valencia was a treat. For a short stay, we would defiantly return. For a longer stay we would probably choose a location with a pool & more casual atmosphere. So, depending on what you are looking for, this "could" be a wonderful choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the historic San Antonio River Walk, Hotel Valencia Riverwalk is a boutique hotel in San Antonio located in the heart of downtown. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or a group or convention. Our hotel is within walking distance of the Alamo and other downtown attractions and only a short drive to Sea World, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and various golf courses. Enjoy signature cocktails in Vbar and dine in the acclaimed Citrus Restaurant. Amenities include signature beds with Egyptian cotton linens, complimentary high speed internet and newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Valencia Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valencia Riverwalk Hotel
- Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio
- Hotel Valencia San Antonio