We stayed here for a couple of nights on our last trip to SA. Staff were very friendly & helpful, room was beautiful! The layout is a bit confusing when you first arrive, as the front desk is actually ABOVE the entrance, on the second floor- The lobby & common areas are very nice, the whole place has a great vibe/ atmosphere about it. The rooms are quite dark, as others have mentioned, which wasn't an issue for me, but watch out for the bed frame! We loved the bar & restaurant, service & food were excellent. Richard, the bartender, is a very nice guy & does an awesome job! Valet was great, we never waited more than 5-10 minutes for our car (be aware that valet parking is $30/ night- worth it to us, but we weren't told ahead of time). The one weak point that needs to be mentioned was the bathroom. The tub was a bit older & run down (again, not a horrible thing, just not what we expected from a hotel of this caliber)- chips & rust spots in many places. Also, we found many hairs in the bathroom that were not ours (there when we arrived), especially in the sink. But when mentioned to the front desk, corrected... The courtyard was beautiful, especially at night, with the "fire".
Overall, a beautiful hotel and a pleasant stay! I would not reccomend it for families with small children (no pool or real "kid-friendly" areas), but great for a romantic get away or business trip. We visit SA at least 4-5 times a year & enjoy trying out the various accommodations. Hotel Valencia was a treat. For a short stay, we would defiantly return. For a longer stay we would probably choose a location with a pool & more casual atmosphere. So, depending on what you are looking for, this "could" be a wonderful choice!
- Also Known As:
- Valencia Riverwalk Hotel
- Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio
- Hotel Valencia San Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the historic San Antonio River Walk, Hotel Valencia Riverwalk is a boutique hotel located in the heart of downtown within walking distance of the Alamo and only a short drive away from Sea World, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and numerous golf courses. This sophisticated urban chic hotel with stylish rooms and suites is only steps away from the the Museum Reach on the new North River Walk, where you will enjoy the city’s exciting new one-of-a-kind boutiques, shops offering an array of tempting goods, concerts, museums and cultural arts. Sip signature cocktails in our ultra sleek Vbar, and indulge in a culinary delight in Citrus Restaurant. Ideal for a romantic getaway, business travel or a leisure. Amenities include signature beds with Egyptian cotton linens, complimentary high speed internet and newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere, Amex, Olotels, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Stentorian NV, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Valencia Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.