I love chic, boutique hotels and am very picky about where I stay but I was genuinely blown away by this place. The whole hotel is an experience--from the floor-to-ceiling waterfall in the entry way to the dimly lighted sort of sexy lobby on the second floor. The lobby area which houses the restaurant, bar and has a balcony with a fire pit overlooking the river walk reminds me of a swanky bar--dim lighting, candles, a chic little lounge...it even smells good!
The room itself was very nice with a big, comfy king sized bed with high-end linens, a large flat screen tv, a lovely bathroom, and fancy little complimentary soaps and shampoos. Have you ever been to one of those hotels and thought---I wish my house looked like this? That's how I felt. Impeccably decorated.
I walked though the bar and restaurant but didn't eat there. They were equally swanky looking. They also had a pool area but being from DC I did not anticipate a pool being open in January. Looked very nice though.
Very nice location about 4 blocks from the Alamo and literally right on the river walk. About half an hour from the airport (cost about $30 including tip for a cab).
A few slight nit-picks. I loved the swanky, dim lighting throughtout the hotel, but in my room it was a bit annoying. Even with all the lights on I had a hard time doing my makeup in the bathroom (and the room itself wasn't any better). I got locked out of my room because my key stopped working the second time I used it. No free breakfast and the prices were pretty high. Lastly, the room was slightly noise until about 10:30. There was a marachi band playing at one of the restaurants on the river walk below my window. Even though I was on the 9th floor I could hear it although the air conditioning drowned it out a bit. Just be wary getting a room facing the river walk, courtyard, or a room closer to the ground level.
This hotel takes a government per diem rate and government tax exempt forms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the historic San Antonio River Walk, Hotel Valencia Riverwalk is a boutique hotel in San Antonio located in the heart of downtown. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or a group or convention. Our hotel is within walking distance of the Alamo and other downtown attractions and only a short drive to Sea World, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and various golf courses. Enjoy signature cocktails in Vbar and dine in the acclaimed Citrus Restaurant. Amenities include signature beds with Egyptian cotton linens, complimentary high speed internet and newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Valencia Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valencia Riverwalk Hotel
- Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio
- Hotel Valencia San Antonio