We were here 2 nights on a family vacation. Overall this was just an OK visit. While I won't go out of my way to go here again, neither is it a place I would warn people away from:
- Location, location, location. 5 minutes from Fiesta TX, IMAX theater, and La Cantera mall, even at rush hour.
- Friendly staff
- Slightly upscale decor
- Beds comfortable, if a bit small for 2.
- Reasonably priced given the area
- Mini-fridge, tea/coffee maker, microwave are useful for a family
- Very noisy. You hear the neighbors, and REALLY hear anything happening in the hall (which it was). Walls make very noisy pipe sounds if the upstairs neighbors happen to use the plumbing.
- Despite having only one person in front of me, it must have taken 15 minutes to check in on an existing reservation. The phones were going the whole time. Otherwise it didn't seem all that busy.
- After going out the first day at about 9 am, we came back at about 5 pm, and the room wasn't cleaned yet. The maid finished the room next-door and showed up at about 5:15. We said we were going out in a few minutes, and could she come back in just a few minutes. She said she'd do the room next-door first. We came back at about 10pm after seeing a movie, and still not cleaned. Not a disaster, but not convenient either.
- Room was booked for a family of 4 with 2 beds, but only 2 of everything in the room on arrival.
- Of course, no breakfast provided, since this isn't in the 'express' series. We knew this going in, but for the price, I would have expected something to recommend it over an 'express' motel. Pay more, get less...
- Slow internet.
- There is a pool, but it is very small and outdoors, the hot tub wasn't, and the pool view is of a Sam's club parking lot.
I realize reading this that it sounds like it should be worse than a 3, but it really isn't. It is a decent family friendly hotel despite my complaints. Location is quite good :^)
Avoid the first floor. Noise !
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am glad that you liked our location and found the staff friendly. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you have experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.