We were here 2 nights on a family vacation. Overall this was just an OK visit. While I won't go out of my way to go here again, neither is it a place I would warn people away from:
- Location, location, location. 5 minutes from Fiesta TX, IMAX theater, and La Cantera mall, even at rush hour.
- Friendly staff
- Slightly upscale decor
- Beds comfortable, if a bit small for 2.
- Reasonably priced given the area
- Mini-fridge, tea/coffee maker, microwave are useful for a family
- Very noisy. You hear the neighbors, and REALLY hear anything happening in the hall (which it was). Walls make very noisy pipe sounds if the upstairs neighbors happen to use the plumbing.
- Despite having only one person in front of me, it must have taken 15 minutes to check in on an existing reservation. The phones were going the whole time. Otherwise it didn't seem all that busy.
- After going out the first day at about 9 am, we came back at about 5 pm, and the room wasn't cleaned yet. The maid finished the room next-door and showed up at about 5:15. We said we were going out in a few minutes, and could she come back in just a few minutes. She said she'd do the room next-door first. We came back at about 10pm after seeing a movie, and still not cleaned. Not a disaster, but not convenient either.
- Room was booked for a family of 4 with 2 beds, but only 2 of everything in the room on arrival.
- Of course, no breakfast provided, since this isn't in the 'express' series. We knew this going in, but for the price, I would have expected something to recommend it over an 'express' motel. Pay more, get less...
- Slow internet.
- There is a pool, but it is very small and outdoors, the hot tub wasn't, and the pool view is of a Sam's club parking lot.
I realize reading this that it sounds like it should be worse than a 3, but it really isn't. It is a decent family friendly hotel despite my complaints. Location is quite good :^)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Holiday Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest. Discover all that San Antonio has to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest near UTSA. At our hotel, you will find modern luxury and contemporary southern hospitality. The Holiday Inn & Suites San Antonio near Six Flags is located at the heart of shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts in the Northwest corridor of San Antonio. We are located minutes from Six Flags Fiesta Texas, The Shops at La Cantera, The Rim Outdoor Mall, La Cantera Golf Resort, UTSA, USAA, Medical Center, Valero, KCI, NuStar, FBI Regional Offices, and many more. Getting here is fast and convenient too. Out Hotel boasts easy access to IH-10, Hwy 1604, Loop 410 and IH-35. We are about 10 miles north of the San Antonio International Airport, Downtown San Antonio and the Riverwalk. Whether you are coming to San Antonio for business or just for fun, your room at the Holiday Inn & Suites San Antonio near UTSA is your personal retreat. With amenities such as complimentary Wi-Fi Internet Access, outdoor Pool and Hot-Tub and Kem's, our full service restaurant and bar; you'll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.