Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
Ranked #148 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Dublin, Ohio
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed there 5 days for our hotel convention. And room were ok compare to price we paid . We did not ask for every day room service while we were there. Front desk were good and so does other staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you valued guest for your input on our hotel. I also want to thank you for letting me know
how fabulous the staff is. They strive on a daily basis to meet the needs of each and every guest. If you have any questions or would like to speak to me, please call me directly at the hotel. Once again, Thank you for choosing us.

102 El Paso Street
San Antonio Texas 78204

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

As an elite platinum member, I wonder if "anyone" ever actually reads the notes on incoming reservations for Priority Club Members? Profile contains information for high floor room, yet they pre-assign 1st floor room. This property was formerly another brand, which Holiday Inn allowed a franchisee to re-brand, as InterContinental Hotels seem all-too-eager to do oftentimes. As such, the public spaces are FAR too small for the size of the hotel, & results in the ENTIRE lobby area having to be used as the breakfast room. Business office? 2 computer in a corner with NO chairs since there is not room, so you have to stand to use them. And if you do stay here, DO NOT get rooms ending in even numbers. Insist on room ending in odd numbers & the lower the number the better. Why? Because the hotel backs up to a bar/ice-house/diner/picnic area (?) that seems to be a favorite of motorcycle fans. LOUD & continual bike noise until at least 230AM, so if you are a light sleeper forget. Odd numbered rooms are on the opposite side of the hotel at least, & the lower the number the farther you are away from the source of the noise --- although the lower the number the closer you are to the lobby & that noise. it's a no win situation if you like quiet & peaceful accommodations. The hotel is also past-due for an update, with worn & soiled furniture, though no complaints about actual housekeeping. Overall one of the least impressive Holiday Inn Express properties we have encountered. There are lots of other Holiday Inn property options in San Antonio, so choose one. Regular Holiday inn just a block up the street would be preferable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dearest Smvhou Thank you for your review. I also wish to apologize for any problems experienced at the hotel. I read each and every review to see how I can better the hotel.
In the future where ever you may be feel free to contact the staff in regards to a noise issue.
So that we can resolve the problem. If a hotel does not know about a problem we can't fix it or we can address it while it is happening.

If you wish to contact me in regards to your stay, please feel free to contact directly at the hotel.
Once again, I do apologize.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel stay was right by the river walk. Not far to walk or less than 5 bucks for a cab. It's a great bang for the buck. Service was great and easy parking. I will book here again for the next trip to the river walk. Tours will also depart right by the hotel to keep from burning your own gas or the expense to park your own vehicle......

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Market Square for you hotel needs.
We strive on a "daily" basis to meet the needs of each and every guest. If you have any questions or if you would like to contact me concerning your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Once again, Thank You.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful but there were a few little things that were just a little annoying. There were only two available outlets in the room and on one of them only to top plug worked. The breakfast was really lackluster. There was no way to warm the muffins and the layout was really inconveinant. The room was clean and there was a sliding door to seperate the bedroom and living room which was a nice feature. The internet was so poor it was unusable.

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Travisr1076,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations. We also apologize our breakfast selections and our internet access was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
kuala lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Good location close to riverwalk and food easily available around the area. The hotel room is clean and neat. Staff are friendly and very quick in getting us our room. Great hotel for a great vacation in San Antonio. There are ample parking space and I would definitely recommend to my friends to stay in this hotel. Most important, free wifi available. Coffee making available in the room. To improve further, free breakfast should be provided.

Room Tip: Individual units of A/C in rooms, any floor are all good. Only those near to the lift are a little n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of the Awesome job we did for you. We strive on a daily basis to meet the needs of each and every guest. If I can assist you in any other way, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites
Coahoma, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here awhile back and had a great time. The rooms were clean and it was a good central location for what we wanted to do. There was a hotel shuttle that took us to the riverwalk area and we spent the day there and then caught the shuttle back. The shuttle driver was actually looking for us because it was the last shuttle back and he found us crossing the street trying to get back to the pick up location. Very nice of him to not leave us behind. It would have been a long walk back at night. Overall the hotel was exactly what we were looking for - clean, convenient and friendly. The pool was great too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know how we did. I value each and every comment and look for ways to improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss any matter with me, please feel free to give me a call directly here at the hotel.

Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites
Schertz, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had the good fortune to select the Holiday In Express & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market, TX because of two things its close proximity to everything In downtown San Antonio.
I have coordinated two family events at this hotel and my daughter coordinated a wedding. The staff and the Restaurant Manager Luis have been as professional and family like as any group I have seen anywhere.
I saw a new employee get an awesome guest focused training from day one. The people at this hotel are passionate about their guests and always greeted everyone( family and friends) with a smile, a kind greeting on every occasion, not sometimes or most times but every time. I hosted my husband's 50th birthday party there and just recently hosted a family reunion there. The staff was more than accommodated each time with all my request. The staff here really take you in and cares for you like family. I hosted a Texas Hoedown with approximately 60 guest. The room were great, the food was delicious...breakfast buffet was great.

Not in that in your face way but in that very rare way of genuine sincerity. They are ready to help at the asking. I will recommend all my family and friends to stay here so that they can experience the friendliness and hospitality

My family and extended family each commented on the kindness of the staff and there helpfulness in seeing the good sights, places to eat and things to do in the city..

Luis, April, Christina, Tonya (front desk clerk hope I got the name right) has created a special place for their guests and employees. You don't see that everyday. I truly appreciate the excellent care and customer service . I guess that is why I continue to find my way back there. GREAT JOB!!

Room Tip: I always enjoy corner rooms on the higher floors
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the fantastic words about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Market Square. It is not often that someone goes into that much detail in a review and let me assure you it is greatly appreciated. It was great to hear all the things you enjoyed about your stay and that you enjoyed the property and the rooms. I cannot wait to share this with the entire staff of the property so they can see what a stellar job they did for your stay. I must say the entire management team here at the property is very proud to hear what you had to say about the staff. Thank you again for taking so much time to give such a thorough review of the property. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Antonio.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area

Address: 102 El Paso Street, San Antonio, TX 78204
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Ranked #148 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area 2.5*
Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Downtown Market Area welcomes you. Located in the heart of downtown San Antonio, our all suite hotel has recently been renovated and is just a few miles from The Alamo, the downtown market district and the scenic River Walk, offering convenient access to the San Antonio International Airport. Our hotel is perfect for your next San Antonio vacation. This San Antonio hotel in the downtown market district provides easy access to area attractions including Sea World of Texas, the San Antonio Zoo, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Splashtown Water Park. Many popular shopping destinations are also nearby, such as the Rivercenter Mall, El Mercado Market Square and the North Star Mall. Other area attractions not far from our hotel in San Antonio include the Alamodome, the San Antonio Convention Center and the AT&T Center, home of the San Antonio Spurs.Business travelers will enjoy a stay at our newly renovated hotel in downtown San Antonio due to its close proximity to companies such as Tesoro, Xerox, Washington Mutual, IBC, Toyota and SBC. Our San Antonio hotel is just 15 miles from the San Antonio International Airport.During your stay at our San Antonio hotel, enjoy the 24-hour fitness center, heated, outdoor pool, relaxing whirlpool and complimentary hot breakfast bar. Check out the discount rates on our quality San Antonio hotel rooms by the River Walk and start planning your visit today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
Holiday Inn San Antonio
Holiday Inn Express San Antonio
San Antonio Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.