You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
Ranked #146 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Vancouver, Canada
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Driving is a must if you are planning to stay here. The only restaurant within walking distance is a Pizza Hut.

The rooms are big. We had a room with a living room and two queen beds. The room had two flat screen TVs, microwave and fridge.

Some of the rooms are noisy because they are close to the highway and there is a shady bar behind the hotel.

The outdoor pool is between two buildings and we decided not to use it.

The breakfast is minimal and does not offer many healthy options.

• Stayed March 2013
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review concerning our hotel. I look at each and every review and see how we can improve our service, product and accommodations. If you have any concerns that you would like to speak to me personally about, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Once again, Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express.

102 El Paso
San Antonio, Texas 78204
(210) 277-1000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cedar Creek, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is the place to stay during Fiesta or Fan Fair weekend. Friendly staff, nice bar, and so conveniant to all sorts of eateries, shopping, and bars! I would recommend this hotel anytime! Cab rides are cheap and walking distance for some shopping but not all.

Room Tip: First floor for a couple with California king bed (room 141).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us an "awesome" review. I also wish to Thank you for
choosing our hotel when you have so many others to choose from. If I can be of any assistance,
please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

If you like to hear the sound of rumbling engines and live bands playing all night than this is your place to stay. I asked to be moved twice and got refused. the staff was not very nice. Overall rating F

• Stayed March 2013
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 210-277-1000

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Booked this hotel for a stay during a conference in town. The hotels closer to the convention center were $200+ This hotel was less than $100. Very attentive staff. Nice spacious room. Breakfast was better than some other Express hotels. Not walking distance unless you like a long walk but the cab ride was only $7.00 and most days I drove to the conference. Parking was free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We Thank you for choosing our hotel and hope that in the future should you come to San Antonio that you choose The Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites. Thank you again.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We chose this place due to the central location and affordable price.
The location is indeed within walking distance to major attractions in the area (the Alamo, Market Square). But there isn't much else there. So for example, we wanted a close by grocery store so we could purchase food for breakfast for the next morning but could only find a deli which was scarcely supplied near by. This was Sunday afternoon so that could be why. The surrounding area seemed desolate and a bit rough though. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around by myself.
The room was spacious and clean, yes the carpet was cruel on socks but that's something one can easily fix. No free breakfast which was a bit of a suprise. Free parking and free wifi though.
This wasn't a bad place to stay but I imagine there are many better choices in the area and in that price range.

Room Tip: bring supplies/snacks with you, don't expect to purchase them from local shops.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I wish to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you encountered with the Holiday Inn
that you stayed at. However here at the Holiday Inn "Express" we provide a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. As this is a "standard" for all Express hotels. I believe you are referring to the full service Holiday Inn that is a couple of blocks from the hotel. They have a restaurant on property in which case breakfast would need to be purchased. If you would like to discuss staying at our Holiday Inn Express where we provide a Complimentary Hot Breakfast please feel free to give me a call directly here at the hotel.

102 El Paso
San Antonio, Texas 78204
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I reserved a King Size bed online. When I got to my room I called the front desk as they had placed me in a room w/ a Queen. The front desk said, "That's what happens when you reserve online!!" I was shocked but responded, that's false advertisement. She said - YES IT IS...and then there was silence. I called the 800# and they where closed for the holiday weekend. I've completed the survey, voiced my opinion but have not heard back from them.

I did not get what I paid for!!!!!!

Room Tip: Overall the room was nice. We had a separate jacuzzi n the spa room of the suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Nujoie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the misunderstanding regarding your room type. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights, very low cost so I did not expect much. as it turns out the room was fantastic, 2 queen beds, washroom and sitting room. Better yet, the included breakfast was great. I made a toasted bagel, had a bowle of granola and had sausage and eggs and coffee. Yougert and milk and a few other things were also available. The staff were just great, very friendly and it was quite easy to get downtown by car. The hotel area traffice is quite low in the evening and there is a nightclub near by. The sound of the nightclub music could be heard outside, but not inside, though a bit of street noise (motorcycles) did get through. The room was fantastic with 2 flat screen TV's. One in the bedroom area and one in the sitting area. The room had a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. For the price we paid, there was no better bargain. Thank you Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: We booked the room on-line and paid under $70.00 per night. The full breakfast will save you the co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give "our" hotel a great review. We strive on a daily basis to meet the needs of each and every guest. I also wish to Thank you for choosing our hotel when you have so many others that you can choose from. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly here at the hotel.

Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area

Address: 102 El Paso Street, San Antonio, TX 78204
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Ranked #146 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area 2.5*
Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Downtown Market Area welcomes you. Located in the heart of downtown San Antonio, our all suite hotel has recently been renovated and is just a few miles from The Alamo, the downtown market district and the scenic River Walk, offering convenient access to the San Antonio International Airport. Our hotel is perfect for your next San Antonio vacation. This San Antonio hotel in the downtown market district provides easy access to area attractions including Sea World of Texas, the San Antonio Zoo, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Splashtown Water Park. Many popular shopping destinations are also nearby, such as the Rivercenter Mall, El Mercado Market Square and the North Star Mall. Other area attractions not far from our hotel in San Antonio include the Alamodome, the San Antonio Convention Center and the AT&T Center, home of the San Antonio Spurs.Business travelers will enjoy a stay at our newly renovated hotel in downtown San Antonio due to its close proximity to companies such as Tesoro, Xerox, Washington Mutual, IBC, Toyota and SBC. Our San Antonio hotel is just 15 miles from the San Antonio International Airport.During your stay at our San Antonio hotel, enjoy the 24-hour fitness center, heated, outdoor pool, relaxing whirlpool and complimentary hot breakfast bar. Check out the discount rates on our quality San Antonio hotel rooms by the River Walk and start planning your visit today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
Holiday Inn San Antonio
Holiday Inn Express San Antonio
San Antonio Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.