“Excellent Hotel Stay - For Business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   102 El Paso Street, San Antonio, TX 78204   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #148 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Houston, TX
“Excellent Hotel Stay - For Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Booked this hotel for a stay during a conference in town. The hotels closer to the convention center were $200+ This hotel was less than $100. Very attentive staff. Nice spacious room. Breakfast was better than some other Express hotels. Not walking distance unless you like a long walk but the cab ride was only $7.00 and most days I drove to the conference. Parking was free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We Thank you for choosing our hotel and hope that in the future should you come to San Antonio that you choose The Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites. Thank you again.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We chose this place due to the central location and affordable price.
The location is indeed within walking distance to major attractions in the area (the Alamo, Market Square). But there isn't much else there. So for example, we wanted a close by grocery store so we could purchase food for breakfast for the next morning but could only find a deli which was scarcely supplied near by. This was Sunday afternoon so that could be why. The surrounding area seemed desolate and a bit rough though. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around by myself.
The room was spacious and clean, yes the carpet was cruel on socks but that's something one can easily fix. No free breakfast which was a bit of a suprise. Free parking and free wifi though.
This wasn't a bad place to stay but I imagine there are many better choices in the area and in that price range.

Room Tip: bring supplies/snacks with you, don't expect to purchase them from local shops.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I wish to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you encountered with the Holiday Inn
that you stayed at. However here at the Holiday Inn "Express" we provide a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. As this is a "standard" for all Express hotels. I believe you are referring to the full service Holiday Inn that is a couple of blocks from the hotel. They have a restaurant on property in which case breakfast would need to be purchased. If you would like to discuss staying at our Holiday Inn Express where we provide a Complimentary Hot Breakfast please feel free to give me a call directly here at the hotel.

Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites
102 El Paso
San Antonio, Texas 78204
(210) 277-1000
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I reserved a King Size bed online. When I got to my room I called the front desk as they had placed me in a room w/ a Queen. The front desk said, "That's what happens when you reserve online!!" I was shocked but responded, that's false advertisement. She said - YES IT IS...and then there was silence. I called the 800# and they where closed for the holiday weekend. I've completed the survey, voiced my opinion but have not heard back from them.

I did not get what I paid for!!!!!!

Room Tip: Overall the room was nice. We had a separate jacuzzi n the spa room of the suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Nujoie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the misunderstanding regarding your room type. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights, very low cost so I did not expect much. as it turns out the room was fantastic, 2 queen beds, washroom and sitting room. Better yet, the included breakfast was great. I made a toasted bagel, had a bowle of granola and had sausage and eggs and coffee. Yougert and milk and a few other things were also available. The staff were just great, very friendly and it was quite easy to get downtown by car. The hotel area traffice is quite low in the evening and there is a nightclub near by. The sound of the nightclub music could be heard outside, but not inside, though a bit of street noise (motorcycles) did get through. The room was fantastic with 2 flat screen TV's. One in the bedroom area and one in the sitting area. The room had a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. For the price we paid, there was no better bargain. Thank you Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: We booked the room on-line and paid under $70.00 per night. The full breakfast will save you the co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give "our" hotel a great review. We strive on a daily basis to meet the needs of each and every guest. I also wish to Thank you for choosing our hotel when you have so many others that you can choose from. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly here at the hotel.

Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites
Schulenburg, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay with our daughters for the weekend. Front desk reception very nice and helpful, comfortable beds and pillows. I loved that they had paper plates, plastic forks and paper toilets. Worked out great since we ordered pizza. The only 2 down sides, carpets needs to be shampooed, my girls wore there socks and they were black. The other thing was the elevator, we stayed on the forth floor and everytime we stopped there we sat for a good 2 minutes (timed it) before doors would open, very slow and creakes..made it a bit spooky.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cindy A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 210-271-1000

General Manger 1-9-13
Small Town USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I wanted yet another weekend away from life. We chose this HI because of the location (Riverwalk) and for the free parking :)

Staff: The staff at this HI have got to be the most friendliest we have seen in a LONG time. Always smiling and chatting with us.

Parking: One of the few downtown hotels that has free parking. What pleased us the most about the parking was that A) we had a decent parking space and B) police actually control the parking. By this I mean that, apparently every night the hotel gives the SAPD a list of all the license plates that registered to be there. Plus they patrol. Very good feeling!

Breakfast: The usual HI continental breakfast. No complaints.

Room: We had a king whirlpool suite. It was located on the 4th floor. We had NO noise come through. It was clean and comfortable. We do highly recommend bringing your own pillows though! It must be hotel pillows because everyone we stay at seems to have way to soft pillows!

All in all: we are VERY pleased and we look forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: Well worth the extra money to get a whirlpool suite. Plus bring your own pillows!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this "awesome" review. We here at Holiday Inn Express strive on a daily basis to meet the needs of each and every guest. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites.

Cindy A
Chesterfield, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Sure the breakfast was the same. The lobby looked familar, but the rooms were different. The rooms are done in dark colors....loooked old though not woren. The window leaks like a crazy. Had high winds when I stayed and the window just howled all night. My room was on the front of the hotel and is quite noisy with the window. The room just seemed aged. The bed was comforatble. Not enough light in room.

Room Tip: Ask for room on back side of hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ttribby, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Our company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers. We will evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and hope to serve you again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area

Address: 102 El Paso Street, San Antonio, TX 78204
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Ranked #148 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area 2.5*
Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Downtown Market Area welcomes you. Located in the heart of downtown San Antonio, our all suite hotel has recently been renovated and is just a few miles from The Alamo, the downtown market district and the scenic River Walk, offering convenient access to the San Antonio International Airport. Our hotel is perfect for your next San Antonio vacation. This San Antonio hotel in the downtown market district provides easy access to area attractions including Sea World of Texas, the San Antonio Zoo, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Splashtown Water Park. Many popular shopping destinations are also nearby, such as the Rivercenter Mall, El Mercado Market Square and the North Star Mall. Other area attractions not far from our hotel in San Antonio include the Alamodome, the San Antonio Convention Center and the AT&T Center, home of the San Antonio Spurs.Business travelers will enjoy a stay at our newly renovated hotel in downtown San Antonio due to its close proximity to companies such as Tesoro, Xerox, Washington Mutual, IBC, Toyota and SBC. Our San Antonio hotel is just 15 miles from the San Antonio International Airport.During your stay at our San Antonio hotel, enjoy the 24-hour fitness center, heated, outdoor pool, relaxing whirlpool and complimentary hot breakfast bar. Check out the discount rates on our quality San Antonio hotel rooms by the River Walk and start planning your visit today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
Holiday Inn San Antonio
Holiday Inn Express San Antonio
San Antonio Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.