“Great and loved the pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa

You added Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17103 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Daily Credit
Ranked #60 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin
“Great and loved the pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Great experience overall. Loved the pool. Great for relaxing, cooling off and having a beverage. Emmy was particularly friendly and upbeat. She was the cherry to our sundae.
Not too much else to say but it was overall a good time.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is our second stay at this hotel.

First stay experience: it was for a business trip. The hotel room was booked, but we had to change the dates. I called over the phone and talked to the front desk. The person i talked to told me he changed the dates of our stay. Once we got there, the person at the front desk told me the reservation was still at the wrong dates, and they gave us a downgrade of the room we originally booked without any refund. Even whether I told the front desk I called the day before to change the dates, he told me that there is nothing we can do about it.

Second stay ecperience: We made the reservation for a premium king room. Once we got there, we got a room for disabled customers. I went to the front desk and told the staff about having a regular room as the one I booked. The person at the front desk apologized, and told me there is nothing they can do about it. I believe this kind of hotel should let their customers know about details like that at the time of the reservation, not after the check in. I got a much better experience at 3 star hotels.

Conclusion:
The location and the rooms are absolutely great. My only complaint is about the staff at the front desk. When I pay about 200$ per stay, I expect nothing less than what I book. This hotel lost me as a customer.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxford, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have stayed here a couple times, and they are definitely getting better.
The last check in experience was great, and the room was wonderful

Still need to work on some amenities - a marketplace for snacks and caffiene; better parking.

Plan to stay here again !

Room Tip: The upgraded room was fantastic
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Eilan at the end of April. We are in San Antonio once a year at this time and had always stayed the JW Marriott Resort previously, but since we frequently visit the Shops at La Cantera, we wanted to try this hotel. We were very pleased with our stay. Chris, who greeted us at the front desk, made us feel very welcome, and was very helpful with answering questions and assisting us throughout our stay. The design of the hotel reminds me of a Ballard Designs catalog. Beautiful and peaceful. We enjoyed a couples massage and breakfast at Sustenio was great both mornings. Proximity to shopping, restaurants, and a great movie theater made the stay even better.
The only downside is the self-parking, which is not very well marked, and requires walking up and down hills to get to the hotel entrances.
All in all, a wonderful experience, and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
bentonville, ar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed there last Thanksgiving weekend with several of our grown children and their children. Everything about the place was great. Management was especially attentive and personally made us feel welcomed. We ate Thanksgiving Day lunch at the hotel and, like most things at Eilan, it was pricy but worth it. We used to stay on the Riverwalk and that was fun (touristy but fun) but the Eilan is our new destination. We loved it. Great downstairs bar for meeting and a good Italian restaurant (Piatti) a short walk away. We recommend Eilan to friends visiting San Antonio. For us, the upgrade to room with balcony was worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We really enjoyed our weekend stay at the hotel Eilan. The resort itself is fairly new and is tucked away in an apartment community out in the La Cantera area of town. We didnt do any of the shopping but really enjoyed being on the outside of town in the hill area. The resort is very beautiful. Check in was a breeze and we enjoyed our room. The bed was very comfortable. The water pressure could have been better, but other than that it was perfect. There is a safe in your room and a nice size television, but no in room movies. If you put your shoes on the door in a bag provided they will shine them for free for you. $25 a day valet but it is pretty qucik when you call down and ask them to pull your car around. We didnt use the Spa. We enjoyed the restaurant for dinner one night. There is a cool bar just outside the hotel down one flight of stairs that is fun to have drinks at. The pool was great, and the service wonderful.. We would go back in a hurry.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stay in hotels weekly for work, so I must admit that getting to stay at the Eilan is a step above (and beyond) the usual stay. It is stunning, the rooms are fantastic, and the fitness center leaves absolutely nothing to be desired. The only things I would say negatively are it's a little remote if you don't want to do too much driving - but I also stayed in the off season so if it's shopping and Fiesta Texas you're looking for, you're in the right place. Sustenio - the restaurant - has a fantastic menu, just don't expect anything too low cal. There's a great little bar right out back as well with fantastic drinks for late night. Pool looks beautiful, and there are a few tennis courts out front as well. We haven't used the virtual golf room yet, but that's in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!