“Very Nice, but need to work out a few kinks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa

You added Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18603 la Cantera Terrace, San Antonio, TX 78256 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Valet Parking
Ranked #37 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
United States
“Very Nice, but need to work out a few kinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The scale of this hotel and its grounds are impressive. The decor and stylish design of the lobby, and more importantly my room, surpassed my expectations. That said, the Sustenio Restaurant had below average food, the gym (housed in what looked to be a large maintenance or storage room) felt like an unimpressive afterthought and the majority of the buildings on the grounds appeared to be vacant (giving the property an empty ghost town feel). One final note, I had spotty internet access and little to no phone signal through most of the property. All in all, I think that these issues could be resolved by hotel management over time if they choose to take them up.

Pros
+ Friendly and Attentive Staff
+ Beautiful lobby and rooms

Cons
- Food (quality and availability)
- Gym
- Internet connection and cell signal

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ellen_Seymore, Manager at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Eilan Hotel Resort and Spa. We appreciate your candid comments. Our 6000 square foot fitness center is complete, so we hope you get a chance to utilize all of the offerings upon your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Eilan opened less than a year ago. It is a lovely property about 20 minutes north of downtown San Antonio. There can be a lot of traffic, so timing is essential if going downtown to attractions or restaurants. I took the family there to celebrate my husband's 75th birthday. It was Spring Break for many schools in Texas and I knew the Riverwalk area in downtown would be very crowded so I avoided booking a hotel there. The Eilan's rooms were spacious and well appointed. We had Premier King with Balcony. The balcony was large with comfortable chairs and overlooked the pool, which was large and had plenty of lounge chairs. The weather was mild enough to enjoy the pool. The staff was courteous and helpful. Unfortunately, the hotel had lost its concierge and had not yet hired another so front desk staff had to handle requests that the concierge normally would. They did the best they could. No complaints.

I worked with the hotel manager, Sustenio Restaurant's manager (reviewed under Restaurants) and food and beverage manager for the Birthday Dinner at the hotel's restaurant, Sustenio. Great cooperation from everyone.

Eilan is very close to The Shops at La Cantera, a large, nice shopping center with several chain restaurants. Fiesta Texas is down the road for families with kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The company I work for hosted an event for about 120 corporate executives. The banquet and event planning staff was fantastic. The hotel is a great looking hotel, the Sustenio Restaurant's menu could be improved. We were not very pleased with the food that was catered for our dinners.

The hotel rooms are great, the beds and linens are fantastic. I was very pleased with my suite. The business center is very resourceful and is available at no cost. The spa was great as well.

The internet and phone signal was a problem throughout the entire hotel. This is concerning whether on business or personal travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ellen_Seymore, General Manager at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing Eilan Hotel Resort and Spa to host your corporate event. We are delighted you enjoyed your suite and the Spa. Appreciate your comments about Sustenio and will work on improving that experience. Look forward to servicing you again in the near future.
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The entire Eilan property feels removed from every day life, even though it's smack in the middle of everything. But the spa is exceptional. The terrace and relaxation rooms are awesome. The staff is friendly and professional, but not stuffy. The showers are fantastic. I had a facial with Kristen and a massage with Natalie, and both exceeded expectations. I recommend going early and taking a good book so you can take advantage of the steam room and relaxation areas. I'll be back as often as I can afford it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Eilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Spa getaway destination. We will share your nice comments with the staff. Hope to have you as one of our many return guests.
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed a weekend there. They gave me a nice room overlooking the pool. Big and nice. I had spa service and I enjoyed.
My phone and iPad they did not have strong signal in the room. When I checked out I reported that and they removed from my bill the resort fee. It was kind from them to offer this since I couldn't work from my room using my iPad. The bar had nice cocktails but the menu over the bar is limited. I am waiting for this resort to expand services to retail stores inside the village they created and have a selection of bars , restaurants and coffee shops. I missed this time the morning coffee pot in the lobby areA. They have to put it back since you have to drive to find a cup of coffee .

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for choosing Eilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your weekend getaway destination. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Hope to see you enjoy all we have to offer in the very near future.
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We first stayed at the Eilan after it first opened. We did not have a good stay!!! So was contacted by Ellen the Gm. Was invited back to experience the resort again. We accepted the invite and took the trip back to San Antonio on my partners birthday weekend March 1st 2013. Hotel was busier and staff much more attentive. We chose a King Suite, very very nice!!! We also decided to checkout the Spa. Let me tell you was a wonderful relaxing experience. John Pierre is great!! To cold that weekend to enjoy the outside resort type pool, but they have an indoor pool and hot tub. Look we have been to our share of hotels all over the world in our 20yrs together, no matter how nice they are everyone of them have their faults. WE GAVE THEM A SECOND CHANCE BECAUSE THEY ASKED AND SEEMED TO CARE THAT WE WERE HAPPY? WE LEFT THIS TIME VERY HAPPY!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you again at the Eilan Hotel Resort and Spa. We are delighted to here you enjoyed a special birthday celebration. Look forward to having you as a return guest for many years to come.
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My sister and I had the most memorable weekend stay. The hotel property was beautiful, and we were instantly made to feel welcome by the GM Ellen, and Asst. Front Office Mgr. Lucas. Both were thoughtful and attentive. But the real treat was found at The Spa. It is run exquisitely by Mgr. Lucy, who has chosen the greatest front desk staff of Jasmine and Larissa. If you are truly fortunate, Jean Pierre will give you a massage for the ages. Or any of the other masseuses will let you know that this spa is not like any other. You must give it a try - you won't be disappointed. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Spa room is tranquil and serene with an amazing shower room.