“Beautiful property/resort fee questionable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa

You added Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18603 la Cantera Terrace, San Antonio, TX 78256 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Valet Parking
Ranked #37 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“Beautiful property/resort fee questionable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I recently stayed at the Eilan, a hotel located within a new real estate development at La Cantera. The property itself is beautiful and the rooms are well appointed and luxurious. I understand that the hotel recently opened this year and it appears that they are working to get things organized. The real estate mixed land use development in which the hotel is located incorporates an Italian theme. Basically, the entire development is empty for the time being. The location of the property is conveniently located close to the La Cantera shopping center. While the common areas of the hotel are wonderfully designed and furnished, I don't understand why they have described the property as a resort and charge a $25 daily fee by virtue of such description. There is a swimming pool adjacent to the front entrance, but other than that, there is nothing that I could see which would justify labeling the property as a resort and charging such a high daily fee. Perhaps the property is in development to add other features which might justify the description, but other than that, I don't get it. Having said that, it is a beautiful property and a good alternative to the Westin La Cantera; however, the resort label fits better with that property. Overnight parking is also expensive. The food at the restaurant was very good and all of the personnel at the hotel were friendly. Housekeeping did neglect to replenish the room with supplies for one of the nights, but overall, the room was very clean and comfortable. I think this property should continue to improve with time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Joe L, Lead Concierge/Guest Service Supervisor at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and appreciate your wonderful comments about our property, signature restaurant Sustenio and our staff. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Eilan Hotel is a new hotel with beautifully decorated spacious rooms the gym is state of the art it is a little small but not many people were in the room during my work-out so I didn't mind. Also, they have an indoor lap pool available to all guests which is awesome :D The Pool outside is beautiful with nice fountain lights at night. The hotel is across the street from Six Flags Fiesta Texas and a short drive from the shops at La Cantera shopping mall.

Room Tip: Using AAA will save you a lot of money.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Joe L, Lead Concierge/Guest Service Supervisor at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our family of four (my husband and two teenage children) stayed at Eilan Hotel in late July/August this summer. We had a fantastic time. From the time we pulled up to the front door to the time we departed, the staff was outstanding. Upon arrival, they escorted us to our room and then gave us a preview of all the amenities in the room. We were quite impressed. We spent the majority of our second day at the outdoor pool. It was very relaxing. We occupied the cabana's and being that there weren't many guests in the middle of the week, we were able to use three cabanas, all with different features. The poolside service was a plus. My daughter and I walked around the premises and even visited the dance studio. The instructor happened to be there at the time and invited us to attend the evening class.

The architecture of the hotel and surrounding property is beautiful. The grounds are manicured to perfection.

We did not get to indulge in the use of the Spa facilities but hope to have a girls weekend at the Eilan in the near future.

Thank you Eilan Hotel for a fabulous stay!!

Room Tip: Some rooms only have showers (albeit very nice). If you prefer a bathtub, you will need to request...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriends back in the near future to try our wonderful Spa.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had a fantastic stay at Eilan Hotel. The hotel staff was accommodating and very friendly. The hotel amenities were beyond my expectations! The location of Eilan hotel is wonderful. There are plenty of shopping and restaurants near, and SIx Flags is right next door. I really enjoyed the landscape around the hotel, I felt like I was in the Mediterranean with the building decor and the tall rock ledges. I definitely recommend staying at the Eilan Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We previously visited for a tour of the resort. We arrived 9/1, got our room and went down to the pool. We requested a cabana and were told all were taken. We noticed more than half were empty; we were told they were reserved. I told them that when I inquired I was told they were on a first come first serve basis. After a bit we were told they found one for us and took us to one without a TV or Ceiling fan. The couple next to us were smoking (supposedly a non-smoking facility). We were off to a bad first impression. There was very loud thumping music playing, alcohol everywhere and neither I nor my husband liked what we saw or felt. The atmosphere felt sleezy. We returned to the front desk and spoke to the manager Lars. We expressed our concern and he said he would see what he could do; however a cabana with a TV/Fan were not a choice. Now we are in our mid 50's and have stayed at many resorts. A top Customer Service manager would respond; I am so sorry, let me get you a cabana to your liking; I certainly apologize for your inconvenience. Adding, here are 2 breakfast vouchers or similar. Lars was not even close. I told him I wanted to check out and not be charged for the nighty given the circumstances and the fact we had not been on sight 1 hour. Lars said if that's what you want that is fine. When the bellman arrived he could not believe he had just brought our luggage up and now he was taking down. We could not get out of there fast enough. Our three day Labor Day weekend was ruined. We will not return. 2 thumbs down.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. Here at EIian Hotel, we take our guest comments very seriously. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.
Sterling City, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My daughters (ages 3 and 1) met my mother at the Eilan Resort for a quick get away. I was extremely nervous having the girls with me, because they are quite energetic. From the moment we checked in the concierge, Joe Lopez, took amazing care of all of us. He booked a cabana by the pool for us where the baby and I could stay out of the sun but be close enough to watch the big girl play. They have an amazing kid pool that caters to the children of all sizes.
Room service was delectable! The entire staff was extremely polite and took wonderful care of my girls, my mother, and myself!
I have never stayed at a place that I truly didn't want to leave. I will be returning without the girls to take full advantage of the luxorious Spa. I will be recommending Eilan to all my friends and family! Truly an Exquiste place! Thank you, Eilan, for an amazing weekend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we most certainly pass on your wonderful comments to the staff. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future to try our Spa.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was an amazing vacation and what made it amazing was the Eilan Hotel. We enjoyed the the luxury of what can only be found in Europe. It was very impressive also the staff very professional and polite. We have travel around Texas to different Spa and resorts this one by far beats them all. It's an Oasis in the middle of the dessert. We enjoyed the Pool with all the cabana's surrounded by palm trees. We used the lap pool several times and it was a great work out. We also used the virtual golf room......what an Entourage moment. The spa was heaven the steam showers were amazing,very calm and soothing such tranquility. The restaurant was great worth every penny. This is a must if staying in San Antonio the only warning is after you stay here no other Hotel will ever do.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe L, Lead Concierge/Guest Service Supervisor at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we most certainly appreciate your wonderful comments. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Been to Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!