“Outstanding place; awful pool music!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa

You added Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18603 la Cantera Terrace, San Antonio, TX 78256 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Valet Parking
Ranked #37 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Outstanding place; awful pool music!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The best thing about staying at Eilan was Joe Lopez (concierge). He was more than helpful about suggestions for shopping and dining. The on site restaurant Sustenios was excellent but took too long to get the food out. There were only 3 other tables being served so I'm not sure why the delay. Valet service was always perfect. The valet price is in line with other quality hotels in and around San Antonio, but at all the others I've had to wait for my car even though I called ahead (Marriott Rivercenter, La Mansion, Westin). I will definitely stay here in the future if I can figure out how to change the music selection played at the pool or override the volume controls. The pool area was fantastic except for the eurotrash techno dance crap being blasted over the speakers... really!!! Thought I was in a Slovak disco. OK if you're a brainless 15 year old. The pool attendants were great, but had no answer for the loud awful music. At least play a variety instead of all techno dance drivel. In all seriousness, if you plan to relax around the pool call ahead and ask if they've modified the music playlist. "Here's my number...call me maybe" was played 3 times during my brief pool swim. Excellent shopping and dining with in 2-3 miles. Beats fighting traffic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Joe L, Guest Service Supervisor/Lead Concierge at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We appreciate your valuable feedback and comments. We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience. Please accept our apology for the loud music, we are addressing that immediately. Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My fiance and I took a little R&R trip to San Antonio for an extended weekend.

Since the hotel has recently opened, everything is clean and new. The location itself is in a new area close to Six Flags where a complex has been built with both a resort / condos (or maybe apartments?) and a little shopping area. Since there aren't yet many tenants in the condos or shops moved into the spaces, the place gives you the distinct feeling of a ghost town. In some ways that was a good thing, generally quiet and relaxing at the pool, but in other ways it gave you an eerie and sometimes bored feeling. There are also odds and ends regarding the hotel since it's still in a semi-construction state. They have a trolley on site which seemed fun except the tracks are a line versus a circle, their is no connection so it literally stops and then reverses back the other direction. Very odd but we assume that they intend on adding more around the track or eventually making it a circle. We explored the hotel and discovered that they had a door that read 'Starbucks', we tried to open it and found it locked - obviously you would assume they would at least wait to put the sign up until it was open. We also never found the indoor pool, there were no signs and even though we went looking twice we never found it.

The pool was amazing! Very clean and the people working were very attentive and personable. I believe that tenants of the condos were sharing the same pool so that kind-of made it feel less resort, I can see that becoming an issue in the future if they fill the condos. There is a lot of space around the pools and the water was clean considering all the rain and the debris from high winds. The music got a little loud around noon but that was absolutely the only negative that can be said regarding their pool area.

We did not eat at the on-site restaurant, but we did order dessert one night. It was 'ice cream and cookies'. It was terrible! It was like this flavorless (but supposed to be fruity I assume) sherbert ice cream on top of some rock hard cookies (burned on the bottom). Forget the spoons, we needed a knife to cut those cookies. Just because we're staying in a fancy resort doesn't mean we don't want some good ole' basic chocolate chip cookies with chocolate ice cream. $8 wasted, we barely touched it.

Parking is also really confusing, when you first arrive the valet will immediately unpack you and park your car. What they don't readily tell you is that there is plenty of free parking around by the pool that is free. It seems ridiculously expensive to pay that much in room fare, + the resort fee, valet fee, and tipping.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay. It was clean, safe, and relaxing - that's all you can really ask for!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We appreciate your valuable feedback and comments. We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience in our Resort Pool. In regards to the dessert that you had, your comments have been given to the Pastry Chef to work on improving the quality of our dessert menu. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The AC would not cool the room all night & day! They had a service techc come to our room 2 x's ...and still not cooling! They say they are still working on the quirks....the room design was ok but it's not worth the extra money for a corner king room! All you get is 2 windows! The wiring to the lights is crazy the master switch has to be turned on in order for the bathroom lights to work and then you have to un-plug the desk lamp to turn it off! Crazy set-up

• Stayed July 2012
Joe L, Guest Service Supervisor/Lead Concierge at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We appreciate your valuable feedback and comments. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience of the AC Unit not cooling in your room. We have many distinctive room types to choose from. We will be more than happy to go over some of our special features for your next visit so you receive the perfect room that fits your needs. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Eilan a beautiful ghost town from the check in to the check out i was sure i was going to see a tumble weed just roll right past me.All tho its ghostly feel the hotel is quite a eye catcher its incredible architecture and panoramic views are a great plus.i came to this hotel for a nice well deserved getaway.The hotel staff is very hospitable and inviting.The front desk concierge did a great job checking me in fast and easy,after a long day of travle all i wanted to do was relax and face plant on to my bed but the rumble in my stomach said other wise,Joe recommended me to Sustenio and asured me the food was like no other ...."i've heard that one before" i said to myself...what the heck lets give it a shot its my birthday and i'm in need of a cocktail and somthing tasty, i was welcomed at the front by a warm and inviting hostess who directed me to my table, i was soon greeted by my sever Javier who first welcomed me with a happy birthday and a drink suggestion to celebrate my special day , since im in texas i asked for a margarita,he said they had a very unique margarita called there passion chillie margarita, its was out of this world!, i asked him what was his favorite item on the menu he said the bison burger was a must and he was right!! im a avid hunter so big game cusine is a must for me, excelent way to start my get away birthday trip.The restaurant sevice was great and knowledgeable,the only flaw i saw at sustenio was that the food did take a little long to come out,and they also seemed to be under staffed for a saturday lunch,the manager Anthony came once to check on us and ask how are service was and after seemed to disappear while his staff struggled, not very good team leadership.All in all sustenio was a great experience,the pool was amazing as well it had almost like a greek feel to it and the attendants are very helpfull,the weight room was still not open which was a disappointment and there temporary one was not worth checking out.Eilan is a new hotel with endless potential.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Joe L, Hotel Management at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We appreciate your valuable feedback and comments. We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience in Sustenio and our Resort Pool. In our temporary fitness facility we do have the essential equipment that our guests normally ask for. Accept our apology for the inconvenience of our 10,000 square foot fitness facility not complete yet. Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Hill City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have never written a review before, but feel compelled to review the Eilan. Our stay was absolutely perfect. After much debate over where in San Antonio to stay (River Walk vs. Hill Country, mainly) I decided to book the Eilan. After seeing both areas, I am sure that I made the correct decision. The area was beautiful, while not so out of the way to add to inconvenience. The staff could not have been any better.

We arrived the first night at 2:00 a.m. and were travel weary. We asked if room service, gift shop, or anything was available to get a drink. The desk attendant indicated that there wasn't, but then went the extra mile to offer to go to the employee lounge to purchase us a few sodas and had they delivered to our room. This may not have been SOP, but it told us that the staff had initiative to make our stay as good as possible.

Our suite was a two bedroom suite. We have stayed at many very nice hotels (Waldorf, Four Seasons) and decided that this was the nicest room that we have ever had. My husband, who is very picky about mattresses, wanted to know the brand so that we could purchase one for our home. There was a Wii in the living room for my son to play (which they have accessories and disks that they will bring to your room.

The valet service is also top-notch. Our car was always available within minutes of our request except for one time. There had obviously been a miscommunication between the person that answered the phone and the valet. When we arrived downstairs, the valet actually RAN to get our car. We waited less than three minutes for him to return. It was no big deal and showed us once again Eilan's commitment to service.

We used the cabanas on the second day of our stay and the experience was so wonderful that we spent the fourth afternoon (which we had already had plans for) at the pool area in a cabana. The drink and food menu is limited but adequate in the pool area and the service is impeccable.

We will need to travel to San Antonio in the future for my son's summer studies and have decided that we will not stay anywhere else. My only concern is that the Eilan has set the bar so high that it will take great measures for any future hotel stay will measure up!!

Room Tip: If you can manage it while staying as a family, the two bedroom suite is wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Service Supervisor/Lead Concierge at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and appreciate your valuable feedback in regards to the service that was provided to you. Here at Eilan, we pride ourselves with providing excellent and top-notch service to all that come into the hotel. We know how warm it can be here in San Antonio, so we very pleased that you were able to experience our Resort Pool. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I had an awesome stay here. Service was impeccible!! Our Concierge Joseph Lopez tailored to our every need during our stay. Ask for Joseph when you get there he will take care of all your needs and make your stay a memorable one. We're already excited for our next visit and plan on going again and again, simply because of the service. Ambience was Majestic this place is a real jewel. Thanks Joseph for making our stay a memorable one!!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and appreciate your valuable feedback in regards to the service that was provided to you. Here at Eilan, we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to all that come through the hotel. Your comments will certainly be shared with the Concierge. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend...Everything was amazing! The bellman, front desk, and pool attendants were all very professional & accommodating! The rooms are absolutely beautiful! Couldn't ask for a better hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and appreciate your valuable feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Been to Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!