“Very friendly and a great value for the money” 5 of 5 stars

Alamo Inn Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2203 E Commerce St, San Antonio, TX 78203 (East Side)   |
Ranked #234 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Madelia, Minnesota
“Very friendly and a great value for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wasn't sure just what we had chosen as we drove up to the motel, but I was pleasantly surprised from the very friendly and helpful management staff to the pleasantness of our room. We had preferred to spend our dollars else where than on our sleeping accommodations but I feel we got as good a value with this motel as we would have by paying more. The management made it clear to us that a continental breakfast and not a full breakfast was served so we were expecting what was served. Our room was comfortable, as was the bed, it was clean, everything worked and was updated. We used the shuttle twice in our stay and appreciated having it. I can't say enough for the accommodating and friendly staff. I have stayed in motels, from very expensive suites, to humble ones, all over the US and the world and I am not afraid to recommend this motel to anyone. We were in San Antonio for a short stay to see the sights with friends. I don't know if we will have the chance to return or not, but if we do, we will certainly give this motel a call first.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The staff here are awesome. We got in a little late so there wasn't any parking close to the room. They actually moved their cars so we could park near the door! The room is huge, clean and very nice. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012
Hudson Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just left the Alamo motel two days ago. First let me say that you can never please some people no matter what . I for one was very happy staying at the Alamo. Yes the exterior isn't the greatest, but when you get into the room and see how clean it is you forget about the outside.The breakfast nook is small but I hadn't planned on an upscale breakfast at the price. They made you feel at home and tried to accomadate you any way they could. The shuttle was available whenever you needed it. I used it once to go downtown and when I was ready to come back I just called Rick and within 15 minutes they picked us up. If I ever go to San Antonio again you can bet the Alamo is where I will stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawrence KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I was coming back from a bowl game at the downtown Alamodome which is about one mile away from this motel. I was stuck in heavy traffic and wasn't able to get into the hotel until about 1:30 in the morning. The staff was very helpful and accommodating even though we arrived so late.

As far as the room goes, it is what it is. It's a plain room and when we thought we had a problem with one of our beds the staff came in personally to change our sheets and was very friendly. He also told me about the particular king sized bed I had and how hard it would be to get up in the morning.. he was right. It was the most comfortable bed of my 3 days of travel this week.

So if you need a bed and a safe place to stay with good customer service then I would recommend this motel. Don't have the highest expectations as far as the rooms as concerned, but it's certainly serviceable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Hutto, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I had to make a last minute trip to San Antonio, and wanted something cheap. I knew I would only be spending time in my room to sleep, as I would be having fun on the Riverwalk. I booked this online for $40 ($49 w/ tax), and wasn't expecting much. I was very pleasantly surprised. The neighborhood itself is not great, and the hotel exterior is very run down & looks terrible. However, the parking lot is very secure (cement & iron fence), and I didn't feel unsafe at all or leery of leaving my car overnight.

The interior of the hotel was incredibly clean & seems to have been recently redone. It looked like the man at the front desk was the owner & seemed to be a family run establishment. The man who checked me in was VERY friendly & helpful. The owners obviously care about the place. My room was VERY clean. Nothing fancy, but very nice. Many of the fixtures & such were obviously new. I had a ceiling fan in my room, the A/C worked great, there was a microwave, coffee machine & a mini fridge. There was even a brand new, HD flat screen tv in my room. The ONLY thing I did not like about the room was that the bed was hard, but I was only there for one night, so it wasn't "too" bad.

They even had a nice little play ground outside for kids. If you need to leave your car, there is a bus that runs every 15 min right in front of the motel & it costs $1.

Overall, this was one of the better experiences I've had at a motel. The room was clean, the service outstanding, and with the $ I saved on the room, I was able to have a really great time on the Riverwalk.

I will also say that I met up with some friends who stayed at a $200/night room next to the Alamo & their room had neither a microwave nor a mini fridge.

Give this little place a chance-it's a GREAT deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Smithville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed here several times now and were here again two weeks ago. Very nice and clean. Had done some improvements since our stay last year. Comfortable king size bed, refridgerator, microwave and coffee maker. Flat screen TV. Nice, new rocker recliner that was a plus!!! Complimentary breakfast included. (Even some of your chain motels don't offer this!!!) No pool, but we spend our time exploring San Antonio. Even so, we don't choose our motel based on whether it has a pool or not. A high fence around the motel made us feel more secure...the office is on call 24/7. Owner is very, very friendly and oh so helpful. Altho we didn't take advantage of the free shuttle service, was nice to know it was available if we needed it. The neighborhood is not a high class neighbourood, but was clean and not all dirty and yucky...we would definitely recommend this motel to anyone. Its not the Hilton but who nowadays can afford the Hilton?

Derek & Susan Buckley
Smithville, Texas

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Alamo Inn Motel? Share your experiences!