Sound asleep at 1:00AM, a staff member came into my room and turned on the lights! After my disoriented scream, he realized he was in the wrong room and left. Should I have chain locked the door? Yes I should have, but still, that is not acceptable. When I addressed this incident to the hotel supervisor the next morning, she was less than apologetic and offered up zero ways to make it right. Needless to say, I was very upset. Then later that day, I noticed the safe in my room was broke. Then I noticed a plastic bag wrapped around the smoke detector in my room. A sure fire hazard, probably antics of the persons who stayed in that room before me. There is no continental breakfast, and the little Java Cafe offers few food choices before closing at 2pm on weekdays and noon on weekends. The restaurant was absolutely dead all seven nights I stayed there. It was kind of like a ghost hotel. Not many people around. This hotel is not directly on the Riverwalk. You have to walk a block and cross the street to get to it. Once you are on it, it is a 10-15 minute walk to get to the first restaurant you see. The bathroom in the hotel room was tiny, I could barely close the door since it almost hit the toilet while shutting. I will not be coming back to this hotel! One of the worst hotel experiences of my life and I have traveled a lot. One thing I will say is that their housekeeping and maintenance workers were very polite and helpful and the bed in my room was super comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of historic downtown San Antonio, lodged on the south banks of the famous, beautiful San Antonio River Walk, conveniently across the street from the Historic Bexar County Courthouse the Riverwalk Plaza Hotel is just a short stroll or delightful trolley ride away from the amazing Alamo, the shops of Market Square, the grounds of Hemisfair Park and Tower of the Americas, Majestic Theater, Aztec on the River, the arts and crafts community of La Villita, the marvelous Institute of Texas Cultures, the splendid King William Historic District, the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center and the Alamodome. To enjoy our city rich in history and full of fun, make your San Antonio hotel destination the Riverwalk Plaza Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Riverwalk Plaza Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverwalk Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Riverwalk Plaza Hotel San Antonio
- Riverwalk Plaza San Antonio
- Hotel Riverwalk Plaza