“Convenient for Price....but....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budgetel Inn & Suites

You added Budgetel Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Budgetel Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2635 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78217 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn) (Northeast San Antonio)   |
Ranked #271 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Convenient for Price....but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

So I don't know why people are complaining. The hotel is charging very little and we would have ended up on the streets if it weren't for their great prices! However, you do get what you pay for. They obviously attempt to make everyone as comfortable as possible but it is run down. For these great deals though, what do people expect! The fact that they offer breakfast was also very nice for my family, it was probably the best meal we ate everyday. The breakfast is presented professionally however it is just things you could find at a convenience store and bagels, toast and eggos are the only "hot" foods you'll find. There is no pool anymore but it is a nice sitting area around a cute yet smelly pond. For people who are struggling, this is a great place. For snobby people, I suggest you pay a little more and see the rewards of actually having money! The only complaint I personally have is that they do not clean our rooms but once a week. My son is crawling and I'm pregnant, so if you see a big preggo lady carrying her trash down the hall you know who I am! That is FRUSTRATING! They gave me fresh towels but what I really need is for someone to lug a vacuum up here and vacuum my room so I'm not worried about where my son is crawling. Otherwise, thanks for the great deal so we have a roof over our heads!

Room Tip: Call ahead with a suggested price, then walk in and tell them what the sale price was that they gave...
Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

No one can come to your room unless you pay 11 bucks and you have to register them at the front desk and they tell your visitors the name on the reservations.
I was visiting the city during the festival and had some friends meet me at my room and no one was allowed up for drinks unless we paid 11 bucks per person..
The pool was down holes and filthy walls.
it was the only hotel available in the city and I see why
The cops were there one night with a beat up man and there where several questionable people staying there heck working there.

Room Tip: No room is a good room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Priceline/ Travel Web........ really should take this dump off the website. Consumers Don't be fooled the pictures you see on this site is not what you get.
The place smells bad looks bad and oh it's still under construction as one of the other reviews read back in 2012 and oh yes the pool is still empty and needs to be cleaned. I did not stay and demanded a full refund. People why not update the website with the REAL pictures????
I would sleep in my car before I would stay in this place.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place because it was the only available room in all of San Antonio. Unfortunately I was passing through at the wrong time of year, festivals of some sort. I booked online because it was available and not $300 a night like everything else that was available.
After driving around the NE part of town looking for it I cruised into the parking lot that seemed entirely handicapped parking. There was a car alarm going off that no one seemed to notice. Beer cans, trash, and meth heads hanging around. Once inside there was a good 20 minute wait per person checking in. The hotel looked like it was nice 30 years ago but now it's a dump. It looked abandoned. The front desk was unfinished and made out of old plywood. There was a courtyard that was locked behind some glass doors where two Rottweilers suffered in the sun with no water. I'm not exaggerating on this at all. The pool was drained and the ceiling tiles were missing in places. The place was an extended stay hotel for trailer trash to feel at home. Graffiti on the walls, everywhere an ashtray including the carpets on the no smoking floor. The elevator was a scary ride, it seemed to drop faster in places which felt like it was about to snap. The room on the no smoking floor was full of stale smoke odors. I checked the wifi which was almost nonexistent. There was no way I was going to pay for a room like this even if I have to sit on the phone with Priceline to get a refund. I went back to the lobby to retrieve my ID card which the concierge forgot to hand me back and told him that I wanted a refund. There was still a huge line of customers waiting to check in, I hoped they would take a hint from my dissatisfaction. Back in the parking lot I had to sit on the phone for an hour trying to get my refund while Priceline made several attempts to contact the front desk. No one answered of course, eventually I got my refund. The place has made me not want to book online ever again. I wish I would have took pictures to prove to you how bad it was. I didn't think I would be writing a review but I'm wide awake in my new hotel room still thinking about my horrible experience there. Please do not stay there unless u want to find out the hard way.

• Stayed April 2013
New Milford, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Unacceptable. Booked through Hotels.com and thought we could trust the pictures. We walked out after 10 minutes and 2 rooms. The place is so horrible with random drunk/high/sketchy characters roaming in and around the place. First thing in the lobby are 3 different sets of posted rules - warnings, threats re: drugs, parties, fights, and weapons...as well as management’s right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. In the elevator, a wasted woman spilled her open beer on me and then laughed in my face. Outside of our room a dazed and barefoot/PJ-clad man exited his room to fill the garbage bin with FOUR empty cases of beer. If those weren't enough red flags, we entered our room to find a door missing half of a frame and the latch lock had been ripped out and re-installed four times!! The bathroom was filthy - FILTHY - the shower was full of mold and the toilet was literally brown. Right outside our window a loud group of scary guys were smoking pot! We requested a room change - to one with a FUNCTIONING LOCK - and were taken to a room in even worse condition. This place is full of weekly/monthly residents and is more like a crack house than a hotel. We walked out even though we had prepaid - the front desk manager told us "no refunds after 5 minutes" - wonder why they came up with that rule?? And we had to drive 40 miles outside of San Antonio before we were finally rid of the heebeejeebees. DON'T EVER STAY HERE! We will never use another booking service or pre-pay for a room again!

Room Tip: Avoid this roach motel at all costs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Budget Hotel arent for everyone...great hotel...family orientated...Madeleine is the best...Clean rooms and I am known and treated as if Im family! Spring Break was truly busy there however...cant mix honey moons or romantic excapes name speaks for its self clean rooms low prices

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the facility in San Antonio (2635 NE Loop 410) the night of March 14, 2013. We arrived about 1:30 a.m. March 15 after flying in and found our room to not be at all what we had purchased. We were given a room with a double bed (we had paid for a king-size room), and told when my husband asked that there was nothing else available. The lobby was filthy, the elevator to the sixth floor had scratched graffiti all over the doors, the floors were sticky, and there were cigarette butts on the floor. The hallways were visibly filled with cigarette smoke although each of the rooms in the hallway had a non-smoking sign and the website we had used shows the hotel to be a non-smoking facility. Our room, #626, was shocking. The TV was left on, which I thought was odd, and made me think we were in someone else's room, but there were no other signs of inhabitation. There were huge stains of questionable origin on the floor (I thought it was vomit stain). Chairs were ripped. The floor looked as though it had not been vacuumed recently. There were ashes and incense stick remainders on the air conditioner. There were long black hairs on the bathroom floor, hair stuck to the outside of the hair dryer, mold and easily removable soap scum in the shower/bath (I wiped it with a towel), and the very small bath towels were stained. There were holes in the plaster in the bathroom. The dismantled smoke detector had no battery and there were no sprinklers.

We stayed, unfortunately. It was 1:30 am, we were exhausted, and my husband had a job interview that morning.

The shower alternated between scalding/freezing -- no in-between.

We both woke up sick from the smoke. And we didn't bother with the coffee maker or the continental breakfast in fear of food poisoning.

When we went to the woman at the front desk (LaToya), all we were given were excuses. There was nothing she could/would do to help us since we booked through a third-party site. It apparently was all the other sites' (Booking.com, Hotels.com, etc) faults that it hotel was not advertised accurately. However, there was really no way to find the accurate story while booking online since the hotel itself does not have a website (as confirmed by LaToya).

I brought up that they "non-smoking rooms" reeked of smoke -- and guests were smoking in the halls. Her response: we can't control our guests. So I asked her about the ability to control the cleanliness of the rooms. She then went on about booking through a third party. No help whatsoever.

By the way, even though this is listed as Budgetel, you cannot book them through that site (even though very misleading pictures are listed).

We requested the cancellation of the rest of our itinerary, and LaToya said we had to go through the third party.

I have stayed at a number of hotels in a third-world country and have never stayed someone so disgusting.

Been to Budgetel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!