“Friendly, affordable, immaculate...spot on” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio by SeaWorld/Lackland AFB

Save Saved
You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio by SeaWorld/Lackland AFB to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio by SeaWorld/Lackland AFB
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1605 West Loop 1604 South, San Antonio, TX 78245 (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3 Nights; Save 20%
Ranked #35 of 347 hotels in San Antonio
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendly, affordable, immaculate...spot on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

6/17-20/2012 Have to say this was one of the best budget hotel stays I have ever had. The hotel is new, the staff friendly and accomodatng. Check in/out fast - met my pre arrival requests (upper floor end of hallway). Shuttle drivers Luis and Jerry were the best...stayed until Seaworld closed one night and the van was waiting for me at the pick up area without calling! Breakfast standard fare - pool area nice (a little small) linens and rooms fresh and clean. Perfect hotel for Seaworld visit. Only issue and not staffs or managements fault - the walls are thin - ugh...why don't developers take that into consideration when constructng buildings whose main function is for sleep! Very pleasant stay - wonderful staff from front desk to shuttle drivers to housekeeping. Best prices I found on website!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

It would be very hard to find a better value. This place is great. Employee's were great and I could not have been more satisfied.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong period.
Centennial Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is a great hotel. It's new and clean. You can even smell the fresh paint. I travel quite a bit and would stay in this hotel again. Breakfast is great! Waffles in the shape of Texas! Pretty cool!
I know you're wondering, "Why a poor rating"? The reason is the service. I booked two rooms. Being a business traveler I rely on the wake up call service. The 1st date I told the front desk that I needed a wake up call at 06:00. The call happened 1 hour later at 07:00. I was late for an important meeting. The manager said that they were having problems with the wake up call computer and that it was off because it didn't recognize the Daylight Savings Time. She would get it fixed. I told them that was an ok excuse, but why wasn't my other room, called at all? She said they didn't have it listed and that they would change the way they did wake up call services (ie they would also log them down in a book). I was fine with that.

The next time was 3 days later. I had another wake up call at 06:00, and they called at 06:20. They told me that they messed up again. I called the manager again, and she said that their computer was awaiting a circuit board and it was their fault. I told her, If you knew this was a problem, then why aren't you telling your clients this so they can set the alarm clock in their room? She said you would look into that. DO NOT RELY ON THE FRONT DESK FOR A WAKE UP CALL!

Frankly, I have been doing business travel for over 20 years, I have yet to have a hotel be this poor. Yes, I totally understand "hardware" problems. However, if they knew this, then they should have let the traveler know so they could use other means. (ie IPhone, Alarm Clock, whatever)

Secondly, for some unknown reason they put us in a handicap room. If you get one of these rooms make dang sure you make a "Dam" with the towels between the shower and the door. What happens is the floor isn't tapered and the water hits the shower curtain and runs towards the door instead of the drain. Your socks will be sopping wet when you leave the room because of so much water now in the carpet by the front door and the bathroom door. They need to put in a small lip to allow the water to stay in the shower area, but yet allow wheelchairs to roll over them.

Room Tip: If you need a wake up call, do not rely on the front desk. Use the alarm clock that's in the ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DebraGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio by SeaWorld/Lackland AFB, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for discussing your most recent stay with me today via telephone. I apologize that your experience was anything less than exceptional. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant as possible. As discussed, our wake up call systems will be serviced and your refund will be processed. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit to San Antonio.

Regards,
Debra Rodriguez
210-255-8608
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed two nights for a Sea World get away. The hotel staff is the friendliest I've ever had. Everyone seemed to have time to say hello and talk. Were interested in our stay and what we're doing. The cleaning folks were nice enough to even find my sons toys in the drawer and arrange them on the bed. It was such a heart warming touch we did not expect. The walls are a little thin, but I've had worse. Other than that the place is new, clean and comfortable. Everyone was friendly, including guests. They also offered a happy-hour of beer and wine and that was a nice surprise too. OH, and do not over-look the shuttle to/from Sea World !!! --- My only suggestion for Microtel ... plastic business cards for the shuttle. -- a great stay, and we'll be back.

Room Tip: Do not over look shuttle service!
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice new basic need motel. Rooms were a tad small but had everything one would need. The shower water pressure was a bit weak but service was top notch.

The hotel isn't near anything on 1604 and about 4 miles from SeaWorld. But for the price the location is doable!

• Stayed May 2012
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were there on business for 10 days. Front desk was great and very helpful. GREAT VALUE. When there is a Microtel available we always stay, it is our favorite hotel chain. Always clean and friendly. We NEVER book a hotel without checking tripadvisor.com first!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay . Came for my sons graduation from the basic training and this place made my stay very pleasant.New, VERY clean , all employees working there were very nice .Room 323 I do recomend . Only thin I wish they had other acces from the main road .Didn't have time to listen what other people do I came to sleep there and felt safe , clean and comforting . I work in retail and telling everyone about this Microtel price and quality . keep it up

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the best floor to stay
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio by SeaWorld/Lackland AFB? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio by SeaWorld/Lackland AFB

Address: 1605 West Loop 1604 South, San Antonio, TX 78245
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio > Far West Side
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #35 of 347 hotels in San Antonio
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio by SeaWorld/Lackland AFB 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio by SeaWorld/Lackland AFB reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio by SeaWorld/Lackland AFB, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.