“@ 40 mins. til check out time while on the computer out in...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio North East

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio North East to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio North East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3911 North IH-35 (Pan Am Expressway), San Antonio, TX 78219   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #196 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Colorado City, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Well I had an intresting experience staying at this hotel with my husband over the weekend. First of all we were staying here with a Goverment/Military rate however I would not stay here at full price. When we arived the room was weird to say the least with mirrors everywhere. It looked tidy on the surface and so we left to pick up some things. When we returned we planned on going to dinner so I changed and at that point I noticed a bug (which looked an awful lot like a cockroach to me) under the side table which was attached to the wall. We went to the front desk and talked to Janet about the issue. Now, typically after something is found in a room the hotel will try to compensate you in some way, however this was not the case with us. Actually Janet was pretty rude both when I went to talk to her and prior when we went down to the loby for ice. Well anyway she would not move our room but she did go up and take it out of the room for us. She stated it was not a cockroach but rather a cricket. In addition there was a dead bug which looked like a cockroach to me but Janet insisted it was a "june bug". Now regardless of these being crickets, roaches or "june bugs" I felt like the hotel could do more then just clean it up. I also felt bad about having her do it when I could have but to be honest she was not that nice, however I am sure management has a lot to do with this. Now lke I said the room looked tidy on the surface but housekeeping did not do a good job in there
there was hair in the bathroom and a sticker on the wall. The artwork in the room had mold on it and the drawers under the seating area were broken. Outside of the room the stairway hall was dirty and really needed to be vacuumed. There was also a lot of dust behind the soda machine and moldy looking towels around the broken ice machine. Oh and the June bug. Now I understand this is Texas and the whole state is full of nasty bugs... I do think they could do a better job of hiding them.
Other then some cleaning issues and sour staff the hotel is in an easy and somewhat decent location. I never felt unsafe staying there. The poop was tiny and I really wanted to swim but it was full of grass from the landscapers, this of course is not the hotels fault.
Finally the breakfast was pretty good with sausage, biscuits, cereal, oatmeal, milk, juice, coffee, Bread, and fruit. The gentleman working at checkout was very nice.
Now I am by no means saying do not stay here, all i am saying is that we didn't have a good experience here. I hope this hotel the best and hope they are capable of taking constructive criticism.

Room Tip: Clean the room before you get to cozy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
microtelsanantonio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio North East, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We have notified the correct departments to ensure this does not occur again.
-The Management Team of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Oklahoma City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

There so called hot breakfast says 630-930. It needs to say 630i till gone. My son asked the front to refill the sausage and biscuits. She said she check in the back. She came over and looked fot herself after he told her kt was empty. Then tell us they r out and yo come down earlier. This was at 800 am and they r out?!?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelsanantonio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio North East, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. We apologize your stay was anything less than satisfying. We do serve a hot breakfast each morning. The morning you had inquired about sausage, my guest service agent had mentioned to you our delivery was running behind through our food vendor. Our hot breakfast is an added amenity for all our guests. Since Microtel Inn & Suites standards are to serve a continental breakfast, we try our best to go above and beyond that by serving eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, warm tortillas, etc.. I certainly hope you continue to use the Microtel Inn & Suites
The Management Team of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio North East? Share your experiences!