Well I had an intresting experience staying at this hotel with my husband over the weekend. First of all we were staying here with a Goverment/Military rate however I would not stay here at full price. When we arived the room was weird to say the least with mirrors everywhere. It looked tidy on the surface and so we left to pick up some things. When we returned we planned on going to dinner so I changed and at that point I noticed a bug (which looked an awful lot like a cockroach to me) under the side table which was attached to the wall. We went to the front desk and talked to Janet about the issue. Now, typically after something is found in a room the hotel will try to compensate you in some way, however this was not the case with us. Actually Janet was pretty rude both when I went to talk to her and prior when we went down to the loby for ice. Well anyway she would not move our room but she did go up and take it out of the room for us. She stated it was not a cockroach but rather a cricket. In addition there was a dead bug which looked like a cockroach to me but Janet insisted it was a "june bug". Now regardless of these being crickets, roaches or "june bugs" I felt like the hotel could do more then just clean it up. I also felt bad about having her do it when I could have but to be honest she was not that nice, however I am sure management has a lot to do with this. Now lke I said the room looked tidy on the surface but housekeeping did not do a good job in there
there was hair in the bathroom and a sticker on the wall. The artwork in the room had mold on it and the drawers under the seating area were broken. Outside of the room the stairway hall was dirty and really needed to be vacuumed. There was also a lot of dust behind the soda machine and moldy looking towels around the broken ice machine. Oh and the June bug. Now I understand this is Texas and the whole state is full of nasty bugs... I do think they could do a better job of hiding them.
Other then some cleaning issues and sour staff the hotel is in an easy and somewhat decent location. I never felt unsafe staying there. The poop was tiny and I really wanted to swim but it was full of grass from the landscapers, this of course is not the hotels fault.
Finally the breakfast was pretty good with sausage, biscuits, cereal, oatmeal, milk, juice, coffee, Bread, and fruit. The gentleman working at checkout was very nice.
Now I am by no means saying do not stay here, all i am saying is that we didn't have a good experience here. I hope this hotel the best and hope they are capable of taking constructive criticism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Downtown San Antonio, Splash Town Water Park and The Alamo Have a sunny stay at our Microtel Inn – Suites San Antonio NE hotel near Ft. Sam Houston/AT&T Center San Antonio. We are within easy driving distance of exciting area attractions, making for a fun-filled stay. Short drive to Sea World San Antonio and Six flags Fiesta Texas. Take time in the morning to enjoy free hot breakfast, and check your email with free Wi-Fi Internet access. Before you head out for a day of exploring, work up a sweat in our fitness room, or go for a swim in our outdoor pool. For lunch, take advantage of our picnic area with grills, and in the evening, doze off in our new bream well bedding. Our San Antonio hotel offers free local and long distance calls, guest laundry facilities and free parking for vehicles of any size. Handicapped-accessible and non-smoking rooms are available as well as suites with queen beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio North East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast Hotel San Antonio
- Microtel Inn And Suites San Antonio Northeast
- Microtel San Antonio
- San Antonio Microtel