“Dirty room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   850 Halm Boulevard, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Ranked #72 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
“Dirty room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the room for four days. From the day I checked in, the carpet was filthy, and never appeared to be vacuumed. There were two cigarette butts from a previous guest that remained under the sink the whole time. But the worst was when I found a live roach in the bathroom. This hotel has really gone downhill!

• Stayed September 2012

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Okay let me start by saying that I have never stayed at a LaQuinta or another hotel in this category before. I have always been a Marriott and Hilton girl but my budget conscious hubby suggested we try something else and decided based on other reviews to stay here. We stayed at this hotel from August 3rd to August 10th and we enjoyed it. There were a couple of things that could have been better but none that were not fixable. We requested a non smoking room but when we entered the room smelled like smoke, we immediately called the front desk and notified them and then went to good old Wal-Mart which is right next door to get some febreeze and air freshener and Clorox spray and wipes. We also opened the window and gradually the smell subsided. The other issue was that the bath tub had some black stuff around it but nothing a little Clorox spray did not take care of. The next problem was the bedspread smelled like smoke so we called the front desk and told them and they sent someone up with clean ones. We are not picky and if it is something that can be fixed we just fix it. After all that our stay was great, friendly staff, knowledgeable, outgoing and always had a smile, even the ones we passed in the hallways.

It was our anniversary and when we checked in to the room they had a bottle of champagne and a card signed by the staff for us. All the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. All in all I would stay at this location or even try another LaQuinta again. The only minor change I would suggest is to change the carpets out. Hotel general areas are really well kept and the grounds are beautiful. Close to a ton of restaurants and shopping area and during our stay the hotel bus would take you and pick you up anywhere within a 2 mile radius

Room Tip: Higher floors with great view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was here for one night on business. This is an unusual property for La Quinta, since it's more 'hotel' like architecturally. The furnishings though are familiar to La Quinta, which are fine. The problem with this though is that the carpets on the second floor had several dark soiled spots on them, both in the room I stayed in and in the hallway. Is cleaning the floors not mandatory any more? I'm noticing this more and more in hotel rooms and am wondering if 'pet-friendly' policies are responsible. The only other problem was this room had a desk in it with multiple electrical outlets - but they weren't connected. The desk was attached to the wall so I couldn't get to the wiring, so I made do with other plugs.

Room Tip: I don't know if La Quinta owns all of it's properties or if there is a franchise here, but I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. Check in was good. Beds didn't sleep too comfortable for me, but it is a good quality in a good location and not far from the Riverwalk. I would stay here again. We were in town to visit the Guadalupe and take advantage of tubbing in New Braunfels. We had a great time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport

Address: 850 Halm Boulevard, San Antonio, TX 78216
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio > North Central , Shearer Hills / Ridgeview
#31 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
#63 Family Hotel in San Antonio
#66 Business Hotel in San Antonio
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn And Suites San Antonio Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport Hotel San Antonio
La Quinta San Antonio
San Antonio La Quinta

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.