“Great people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa

You added Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9800 Westover Hills Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points Package
Ranked #120 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Durham, North Carolina
“Great people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The best part of our stay were the people on staff. They were always friendly and most helpful. The rooms were spacious and well maintained.

The only negative was the food from the bar restaurant in the lobby. My wife and I shared a generous order of fish and chips. Bad choice.. We returned the chips as being way too greasy. The second batch was eatable. The waitress said they had numerous problems with the deep fryer. The fish was so so.

Would highly recommend the hotel but pass on this restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments and I appreciate you noticing our great staff. We have had great comments on the fish and chips so I will look into see what the problems was and will make the corrections. Thank you for being our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Lake Winnebago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel on a trip to San Antonio to visit Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I booked this room on a last minute deal on a travel site (last minute being that morning of our stay.) It had good reviews and was a VERY good room rate. Our last trip to San Antonio was around 6 years ago and we stayed in a less than desirable room closer to downtown that was considerably more expensive, so the bar had been set pretty low.

We didn't check in until around 10pm that night, so we really didn't have a chance to tour the hotel, pool, or any of the ammenities. But the hotel presents itself very nice. It's close to Sea World (which we could see from our window). The area of town is very good, no real concern for safety. Was quiet and plenty of room to park. The hotel staff was nice. I booked two rooms, they had already set us up with adjoining rooms. Rooms seemed clean enough, spacious, and very comfortable.

There were a few minor issues like the tub spout was stuck to shower position in one room. You could tell there had been leaks over the tub, one room had been fixed, but the other still stained. The tub is big, with a shelf built into the tile wall. Also, the one room had acidently had the interior latch closed, so I had to go to front desk first thing to get a maintenance person get us into our room. They were more than helpful and friendly.

Granite everywhere in the bathroom and room, which is a staple of Hilton.

Overall, I would have no doubts staying in this hotel again. It was considerably nicer than other hotels we were looking at that were more expensive. Not to mention, lower star hotels that were going to charge us more for having kids in our room.

Internet was not free per the card we were given. I've seen some reviews about the free internet, which maybe I misinterpreted.

Room Tip: Look at travel booking sites, this seems to be available at very affordable rates last minute. Hot...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our property. We look forward to your next stay!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Room Type: 1 Bedroom King Suite, Garden View, Large Balcony, 4th Floor (Room 433)
Pros: GREAT Bath tub! It was a true JACUZZI Brand tub (Not just a jetted bath-tub). It was paired with a Rain Shower & a Large Double Vanity. Separate Room for Commode. The Balcony was large & we could see the movie from it. The Angle wasn't the best, but it would do. The Bedding was comfortable. The windows opened in the bedroom. Everything I saw was spotless. Free Shuttle to Sea World. Great Location. Hotel Grounds were beautiful. Inside & Out, Hotel was very pretty.
Cons: Except for Bathroom, rooms were somewhat Small & TVs should have had larger Screens. The only thing that was totally unacceptable was the Heating/Air-conditioning System. I Expect a Hotel of this Status & Age to Allow me to have total control over whether I have Air or Heat in my room(s) whether it be summer or winter. I was not pleased with the HVAC system. It was Hot & I had to sleep with the windows open, & then there was a stop so it could only be cracked. There was no excuse for that.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We have a great facility for families and I am so glad you noticed. We continue to make improvements in all areas including our HVAC systems. We do have a major improvement that will be completed in February. This will serve to eliminate Heating and Cooling issues you experienced in your room. Thank you for being our guest.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Very close to 6 Flags and Sea World this hotel is a hidden gem in their off seasons. Easy access from highway, and crowded at all. Full service facility has everything you might need. This was weekend business trip for me so the hotel occupancy was quite low. I have not stayed here when the local attractions a open for the season, but I imagine the crowds are much larger. Also, the rate is considerably higher.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind comments.
Lenoir City, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I could only stay one night, so we couldn't take advantage of all that's available here (e.g., spa, swimming pool, fitness center). Too bad! The suite we stayed in was very nice. The bed was comfortable, but the furniture in the sitting room wasn't. The hotel offers a continental buffet breakfast during the week or guests can order off a limited menu. The food was good. The server was friendly and helpful, but looked a bit slovenly with his polo shirt untucked.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I really love how spacious the rooms are. And the beds are so comfortable and soft. Also they have free internet and two guest computers free of charge to use in case you need one. Other think that I like is the setting of the room I always get. It has like a little desk for me to catch up with work in case I have an emergency.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you found the room to be spacious and comfortable. I think the room design is excellent for the corporate traveler and anyone needing space to get some work done.
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving stay at this Hilton. The staff is wonderful and very prompt to assist you. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The fire pits outside was a wonderful treat for the whole family to sit by and talk about old-times.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you were able to "catch" up. I hope you got a chance to enjoy the smores!

Been to Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!