“This Hotel is Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa

You added Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9800 Westover Hills Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points Package
Ranked #117 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas
“This Hotel is Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My company has booked hundreds of nights at the Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa over the past several years. The pools are nice, fire pits and nightly movies with smores are great, but what makes this hotel outstanding are the employees. I have worked with Klarice B. for several years now, seeing her rise to the level in management that she currently holds. She is always smiling and always working hard for her guests.

With my job, I could place families in hotels anywhere in San Antonio, but I use this hotel because I don't get complaints and the feedback I receive is consistently great! Also, as a plus, all of the hotel's rooms/floors were revamped/renovated two years ago.

If you have kids, Sea World is just down the street and the hotel has a free hotel shuttle to get them there, which saves you from spending money parking your car at Sea World. Tons of activities for kids and a bar by the pool for the adults. Did I mention the hotel has free parking?

Room Tip: Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room: Be TEXAS nice and ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! We think Klarice is great also, thank you for noticing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Houston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Be warned that this hotel does not even have microwaves to rent! They have refrigerators for $15/night and the internet access is not free, either. Staff is good but seriously understaffed from the bell hops to the bartenders and front desk personnel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback. While we do charge for certain items we do include many "resort" like features at no additional charge. We offer a free shuttle to and from SeaWorld, we have 3 swimming pools and an outdoor jacuzzi. A wonderful courtyard with fire pits to roast smores, and an evening movie - again all at no charge. We do have spacious 2 room suites that have a refrigerator. We offer exceptional value but yes we do charge for certain amenities. This is listed on the web site but we would be happy to answer any questions.
Kaufman, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The beds were too soft and the room was too hot. The front desk staff was fabulous and the hotel was clean and our room was quiet. Very close to Seaworld. We did not eat at the hotel or have maid service...we were there for three days....we should have pirchased a fan for our room. We tried to leave early but all the other hotels in the area were booked or really expensive. Great hotel for convenience and cleanliness and great front desk staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for the compliments! I think that most of our guests will see the exceptional value that we provide.
spring, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

terrible the service was poor was told they were under staffed no bell hop at check in. Long line at check in , billing problems asked to speak to manager was told he was too busy toliet in room did not flush air conditioning was not cold.Food in resturant was horrible not to mention the service was bad

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.
oklahoma city, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have visited this hotel a dozen or so times. We really like the amenities and location; however, the breakfast at the Sun Spot has gone down hill over the past few years. The pools are nice, fire pits and nightly movies and smores are fun for the family!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for mentioning that you thought the hotel was great. I uderstand that you were not pleaseed with the SunSpot restaurant for breakfast. I will send you a private message to see if you would care to elaborate. Thank You,
Carlisle, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel will not be on my list next time I go to San Antonio. The cost of the food was very high, the quality was low. I would not recomend for a family unless you want to order out from a local pizza place or Mc Donalds. The location to Sea world was nice, not worth the price of hotel though.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for the review. I know the review was rated low because of your experience with our Restaurant. I apologize for this and we are making great improvements! We do have a new menu along with great pricing and with broad appeal to be started very shortly. I am sure our guests will be impressed.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Over the years, I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. It was about a year ago when I started to stay at other hotels in the area. At the time, the GM apologized for the issues and assured me that things were about to turn around for the better. Things have only gotten worst.

On this particular trip, as the elevator doors opened to my floor, I immediately noticed some french fries scattered on the elevator landing. They would remain there for the duration of my five night stay. As I made my way down the hallway, I could see a trail of debris left behind by the housekeepers in front of every room.

Next to my doorway was a four foot pile of soiled linen and towels sitting on the floor. Next to it was a pile of trash. Was this my welcome? Anyone hear of a trash bin or a linen cart?

When I entered my room I immediately noticed stains everywhere – carpet, curtains, walls and the bedspread. In the bathroom there were mildew stains the glass shower hadn’t been cleaned in a long time. This didn’t happen yesterday, this was a long time progressive decline. Was the staff unable to see at how bad things had become or were they not looking at all?

I was there for five days and not once was the trash removed from my room, the floor vacuumed, the sheets changed. The used washrags accumulated in the corner of the shower stall throughout the week.

If this all hadn’t been bad enough, mid-week as I nodded off to sleep, I felt something on my back . It woke me up. When I turned to see what it was, I saw a large 3 inch cockroach running across the bed trying to hide under the sheets. I captured it in a towel and called the front desk.
The Front Desk initially told me they would send someone up. A few moments later, I received a phone call back indicating housekeeping had gone home for the evening and they couldn’t send anyone up. I asked if I was supposed to sleep in the room with the roach, the response was “What would you do if you were home?” Shocked that this was how it was being handled, I said, I wouldn’t have this problem at home. After I hung up, I walked the cockroach down to the front desk.

When I returned to my room, I called the Hilton Hotline, I knew I was not going to get any sort of apology from anyone at the property and I was right. Nobody from the property called to apologize; nobody from the property offered to switch rooms, nobody from the property acknowledged that there was a problem at all.

I spent the remaining nights sleeping fully clothed with the lights on wondering if roaches were going to crawl out from behind the headboard at night and what other bug infestations was I being subject to.

I deliberately postponed posting this review to see if the GM would contact me prior to posting this review. I am sure he will respond to the review but he ignored the problem while I was there.

Room Tip: For a good room, look to the Marriott or Hyatt down the street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!