“Great location for an awesome hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa

You added Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9800 Westover Hills Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points Package
Ranked #117 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Great location for an awesome hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked the Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa for a one night stay in June and wish I had more time to stay and enjoy. The hotel is located close to SeaWorld, many nice restaurants and stores for shopping.
I booked the hotel 2-3 hours before arrival and was not able to get the type of room I typically request but when I got to the desk the clerk was able to get me an upgrade to a suite. The hotel has three pools to cool off in and a spa if you need to be pampered. When I looked out from the room there were movies on a huge wall for anyone wanting to swim and watch at the same time.
If you walk around the property, it is evident how much effort goes into making the hotel area beautiful and welcoming to their guests.
I am making plans to return when I have more time to enjoy all the Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa has to offer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Hilton Hill Country Hotel & Spa. I noticed that you are a Top Contributor with TripAdvisor and I appreciated that you recognized the hotel as being “Awesome” Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fabulous. It's our third time to stay here and we love it. The only problem we experienced was the stupid, ear piercing fire alarm going off a number of times. Other than that, very friendly place. The front desk lady was super nice upon arrival. And the bartender, Jacob was really nice too. Actually everyone here was nice. We stayed during the last game of the NBA finals and my son being the Heat fan that he is, wore his jersey and the hotel staff got a kick out of him. The pool area is a nice place to hang out and the rooms were clean. Housekeeping was also nice and accommodating. We asked for extra toiletries and got them, no problem!! I would tell my friends and family to stay here. Lovely place. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you very much for doing a review and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. The Alarm going off was unfortuante and due to an isolated problem not due to any emergency. The alarm issue has been resolved by our maintenace team and all systems are working properly. Thank you for being our guest and thankyou for your understanding with the alarm.
abilene, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Enjoyed our weekend in a comfortable, clean room and loved the fact that the children have activities to look forward to- the outdoor movie, the children's pool play area, and the indoor activities like face painting, hair braiding, arts and crafts! So much fun!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here with our 18 month old to go to seaworld and just relax. We walked in and kids were literally running amok! But the lobby and room were clean and very quiet in our room as well. The bed was great. Comfy and soft. We had pizza from the restaurant and it was pretty good. Of course over priced but that was expected. Our bathroom was clean. There is no refrigerator, but maybe I'm just spoiled! I gave everything 5's because the tiny issues I had weren't big enough to rate it bad. If you're going to seaworld this is an awesome place to stay. They have a shuttle (we didn't use bc we had already paid for parking) but its close and convenient.

• Stayed June 2013
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We do have some lower price food options and will look for a way to better promote this. We are looking at introducing an option for all inclusive resort package that allows for unlimited food and beverage during your stay. We will be testing this soon and if you are back in the area please look for this option. Thank you for being our guest!
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been a Hilton member for almost 20 years and never have I encountered a worse Hilton property! From the moment we checked in to the time we left, there was something wrong! First of all, the carpet in the hall leading to our room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a week. Is was extremely dirty. The next morning we made the mistake of going to the breakfast buffet. The food that was supposed to be hot was lukewarm at best. And the buffet area was very dirty with food strewn all around. My wife went to the spa to get a massage while I was playing golf. The lady in the spa did a horrible massage. It was more like a touch than a massage! Then finally, when we checked out, we were charged the wrong rate. We had booked our room on bookings.com and when we received our bill, the rate was wrong. This all took place 3 weeks ago and we still have not gotten any satisfaction from the management. They offered a 1 night stay however I am asking for a complete refund. This place was horrible! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to do a Tripadvisor review. While we do vacuum the carpet on every floor twice daily I am sure with all the traffic in and out of the building there can be some accumulation. I am glad that you pointed this out as it is an easy fix to vacuum more often. If you have found an online rate through Bookings.Com this is in fact the rate you will receive. We are unable to change the rate that was booked through Online Travel Agencies such as Expedia and Bookings.com. I understand your concern for the Spa and the experience at breakfast and can assure you that we look at all parts of our operation and look at ways to improve what we do. Many of our guests give us compliments on the same areas that you have expressed a concern with. It certainly doesn’t mean you didn’t have legitimate issues, it simply means that we need to ensure 100% satisfaction with all our guests, this is exactly what we aim to do. Thank you for being our guest and please feel free to contact the hotel directly to ask to speak to the General Manager and we can work on resolving any other issues you may have.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here with our 3 younger children (6, 4, and 2) from June 1-5. The location of the hotel is great, very close to Sea World as well as lots of restaurants and convenience shopping. The hotel was very nice (I agree, the public areas were a little warm). The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They have a convenient shuttle that runs throughout the day to Sea World and will take you anywhere within a 5-mile radius of the hotel. The pools were nice, a small beach type kiddie pool, a lap pool and an activity type pool, all with lots of lounge chairs. They show a kid friendly movie outdoors every night and there are 3 fire pits to make s'mores around. They sell s'mores kits for $5 that includes 2 pks of graham crackers (4 crackers), 4 large marshmallows, and a hershey's bar. We ended up buying more s'mores supplies at the Dollar Tree. If you ask for their activity schedule, you can complete the word search for a free bag :) The breakfast was good (mainly bc we had free vouchers). Other than that, at $10 a person it wasn't really worth it. They put out fresh muffins and coffee out in front of the restaurant every morning that are complimentary. Since they aren't in the lobby they usually lasted a while. We grabbed a few one morning before heading out on the shuttle. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone doing a Sea World centered get away-great place to relax.

State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was really a super find for a trip to Sea World. We could not have been more pleased with the experience here....especially given the price, which was lower than the other nearby properties by a good amount. We had a package that included breakfast (so $15 more for breakfast buffet for 2 adults/2kids) and the hotel had a shuttle to the park that was super reliable and saved us parking at Sea World. We were there a day of horrible rain at the park and they came and got us within 10 minutes of a call to the hotel.

Rooms are clean, beds were very comfortable, 2 pools--not particularly special but kids didn't care, they were just happy to swim. Add in smores and kids movies in the evening, kid-friendly newsletters...they really couldn't have done much more to make my kids (3 and 8) happier. Every one who we encountered at the hotel was also incredibly friendly and gave us wonderful service. If you are looking for a very family-friendly place to stay near Sea World, this is a great place. We didn't talk to one other guest during our 2 days there that wasn't equally satisfied.

The only thing that I can't rave about is the food....but it isn't bad. Just not upscale or fancy if that's what you want. Breakfast is comparable to the Hampton Inn breakfast buffet (except they offer a few more things at this Hilton) and dinner options looked overpriced for what they were, but there are so many restaurants within the area (mostly chains, which is disappointing, but it is what it is) and a giant HEB less than 2 miles away. So the food certainly wouldn't deter me from staying there and I'd absolutely do the breakfast again if it were part of a package. Oh and for a hotel, the bar is reasonably priced--$6 for a glass of wine...often I pay more than double at a hotel for a glass of wine at a property like a Hilton or Marriott.

In sum...if you are looking for a good deal for your family that will make your kids super happy and is close to Sea World...this is your place. I'd happily stay there again. I'd probably look elsewhere for something romantic or for a girls weekend unless swarms of kids is your thing, though (but then that's what the downtown hotels like Hotel Contessa and La Mansion del Rio are for...but that's a different review!).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!