“FAMILY VACATION 2015” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World

You added Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6880 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78238 (Northwest Side)   |
Ranked #220 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“FAMILY VACATION 2015”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

So I had our room at an extended stay that would have cost me over $450 for 5 nights. I ended up getting a great deal with Red Roof Inn SeaWorld 5 night for $230 and I got one night free!!! I like free. The Hotel in my opinion in great they only have full size beds but you can make it work. They are remodeling the place which I feel is going to make it alot better. I know for the time that We were there the work they were doing was coming out pretty good. The rooms were spacious and Clean. Whenever we asked for anything with was not often they were really good at making sure our needs were met. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing I could have used was an extra pillow but walmart was righ up the street and that was fix pretty fast. We will make this our vacation hotel from now on.

Room Tip: try to book during the week or in advance you will save a lot of money
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Glad to hear you are liking the renovations, as we wrap up the final stages of it. I strive in providing a clean, comfortable & affordable hotel room without breaking the bank. I do look forward to seeing you guys again on your next trip. Let me know when you are headed here and I can make sure you have extra pillows in your room. Thank you for taking time to out to write a review and sharing your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

I will not stay here again and I wouldn't recommend it. The actual premises were being renovated. The room was decent for a budget hotel. The female staff were nice but whoever the male working overnight should not be working in hospitality. Our room faced a parking lot where they bring wrecked cars. About 10:30 pm a wrecker dropped off a wrecked vehicle and the horn beeped three times every 5 seconds (literally) for the ENTIRE night. I mean the whole night without a break. When we checked out at 7:30 am it was still beeping. I called the front desk at 11 pm and they told me they couldn't do anything about it. My husband went to the front desk and asked them to call the police and the guy working the desk just shook his head no, refusing to call the police. This was absolutely unacceptable. I turned fan and television up and we could still hear the horn. I paid for a room to get some sleep but ended getting absolutely none.
Additionally, the sink leaked onto the counter and the floor. The water didn't drain out of the tub. I could have lived with these minor issues for a night or two but the car horn and how it was handled was a complete deal breaker.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment out to write a review and they help us improve our product and services. I do apologize for the lack of customer service you experienced while you was with us. I'm looking into the matter and making any changes I need to make. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Aurora, Illinois, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

We stayed at this property for 2 night. Upon check in, we unloaded and unpacked only to find that the toilet was stopped up and was overflowing. My son had just went down for a nap. I went to the front desk and told them of the problem. He asked if I wanted to do it or if they wanted me to send someone. I said if they gave me a plunger I'll do it because my son was napping and I didn't want him woken up. The young man working at the desk did not give me a brand new out of the package plunger. He gave me a used, dirty plunger wrapped in a plastic garbage bag, and it was sitting on top of the reception area. UNSANITARY!

I didn't even attempt to plunge the toilet because when I got back to the room, the toilet water had overflowed and leaked into the bathroom. I left the nasty plunger outside and notified the front desk. Maybe 30 minutes later, the front desk called (while my son was napping) to say that there had been a plumbing problem with the room and that we were being assigned to another room. We had to pack up EVERYTHING and move to a room in the back.

The second room appeared fine. And the renovation is okay. I mean, it is still a budget hotel, but it looked clean. The next day, as we were getting ready for the wedding we were in town to attend, DH took a shower and there was standing water in the tub. Once again I notified the front desk, maybe an hour later they sent someone to fix it, again while my son was napping. I'm so grateful he is a pretty heavy sleeper through all that noise. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to shower before the wedding event we were going to because the maintenance man didn't come until a few minutes before we had to leave for the wedding.

I get that this is a budget hotel, but the plumbing issues we experience were ridiculous. On top of that, the staff wasn't very helpful or courteous and didn't seem to care. I never got an apology or I'm sorry, and I was the one who had to ask for a discount to compensate for everything we went through. They didn't even offer. Maybe this property is fine for a one night stay, but definitely not family-friendly.

Note/Tip-The microwave and safe are located within easy reach of a toddler. My toddler was consistently pressing button and putting things in the microwave. Luckily he never found the start button! I mentioned this to my mom on our return, and she said next time just unplug the appliances, so I'm just passing that word of advice along.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review regarding your stay. These reviews help us improve our product and services. I do apologize we fell short with the customer service, I have taken over this property a few weeks ago and take customer service serious. I have addressed the issues with my staff. I do also Thank You for your advice you passed along regarding safe and microwave.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

This is only hotel I stay at here at san Antonio. The staff is really great here and very helpful. And new remodel rooms are wonderful. And everything is located near by. And the rates are great too . so this is a great place for the whole family to stay.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Wanted to take a moment to Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy see that we great you great here and you are liking the renovations.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

The employees are not the nicest people and we had to BEG for clean towels and even didn't receive any when we asked and were told some were coming out of the dryer by an employee named Johnny. He was very rude and when I called in the morning to ask for some telling the desk that he never brought them, I was told that I could come get them myself at the front desk. Frankly, I wonder about the cleanliness of this motel and fear that the towels we got to begin with were used as well as the sheets. I know they are under construction but clean towels have nothing to do with that, nor does the crappy service. I was not impressed at all, luckily we got a good deal or I would be irate.

Room Tip: Do not go during spring break unless you don't mind loudness
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
I like to first apologize for the rude attitude of my desk clerk. I have taken over this property a few weeks ago and your review helps me see where I need to adjust things. From having towels ready for guest to the service we provide at the desk. Thank you for taking your time to write a review so I can continue to improve the hotel.
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

my husband and my self checked inn on 3/15/2015 and checked out on 3/17/2015. and when we checked in mr. jeremyiah and jon the front desk staff went above and beyound to get me and my wife the room that we needed. and mr.jerald the gm. a great man that goes above and beyound to help any guest with anything and everyone and we can not forget mrs.linda she is also a very great frount desk service agent..god bless you all from our hearts. dale and deb

Room Tip: all the rooms in this hotel are great
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and taking a moment out to write a review. I have shared you comments with my staff and we look forward to your next trip. This is what we strive to provide is great service and a good product.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

... The Red Roof is such a wonderful place I stay there all the time I like it because the people are friendly there there's a lady named Linda that really likes to help and I also like that they can have pets because I have my little kitty they also remodeled and it looks so beautiful the swimming pool is nice and it's very quiet there if I were you and you were coming to San Antonio you should go to the Red Roof Inn next to SeaWorld

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time out to write a review regarding your stay and hotel. I have shared your kind words with my staff and glad you enjoy your stay with us. I do look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Been to Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World? Share your experiences!