“Do Not Recommend at All!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World

You added Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6880 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78238 (Northwest Side)   |
Ranked #197 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“Do Not Recommend at All!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Reservation shows check out at 12p & Maintenance was BANGING on door at 11a to get you out of the room or charge another stay! Bathtub was clogged! Employees are rude! Worst stay! Not very hospitable!

Room Tip: Do not stay; choose Marriott!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Saltillo, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Well, I stayed one night in this hotel, one night before I stayed in the Red roof airport that is so much better than this. The hotel looks old, the bathroom was dirty with some stains onto the toilet. The receptionist was very kind and gave me another room 'more clean', around 3 am I started to hear a sound like water falling, I wake up and what was my surprise a leak of water from the ceiling, due to the low temperatures that night. Well, again gave me another room, I had to change all my things to the another room and nobody help me. In the morning there was no water in the bathrooms and we needed to wait until the leak was fixed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Kaneohe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Do not recommend! This is our first experience with Red Roof Inn. We were greatly disappointed with our stay and the treatment we received. When we pointed out the poor condition of the room i.e. there was someone’s hair in the sink, the tub would not drain, strong odors, we were not offered a different room. Due to the late hour we checked-in and the very early morning appointment, we stayed the first night. When we returned at the end of the day, it seems the room had not been cleaned again. We could not stay in such un-sanitary conditions and the staff insisted on charging us for both nights, full price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I made reservations in advance for three rooms and needed to come in on a Wednesday (Jan. 1, 2014). I left my confirmation number at home by mistake thinking everything is in the system and will be okay, I was wrong. The clerk at Red Roof Inn had a difficult time finding our reservations and rooms. It was a difficult time for me and my family at the time and needed a room, we had to attend a funeral on Friday (Jan. 3rd). When my other family member arrived on Thursday, the hotel clerk could not find a room for him. He finally got a room somewhere on the outside of the hotel which I don't like. I always request a room(s) on the inside of the hotel. I also requested that we needed extra wash cloths and towels and the desk clerk would not bring them to our room. Why would they only give you one set of towel when two people are checking in a room? There was no iron nor ironing board in the room to press your clothes, you had to go to the front desk to get the iron. It was difficult to iron because the outlet was not near the bed and trying to iron on top of the dresser was difficult. Also my daughter’s lock fell off the door in her room. When I make reservations in advance I like to have the essentials that I need, but this time it was totally the opposite! I could not wait to get back home. The receptionist at the desk some guy was very uncaring, he could care less if our stay was pleasant or not. Perhaps if the clerk was apologetic and polite I would not have been upset. I feel this is a negative reflection to Red Roof Inn business and should take action, if not they will be out of business very fast. I doubt I will be coming back to that location again. If you visit with them, be prepare for the worst!!! :-(

Room Tip: Make sure the customers rooms are available when reservations have been made and be polite and helpf...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I would like to thank the staff at Red Roof Inn. Their friendliness and helpfulness was awesome. The maintenance man Victor Gonzales was especially accommodating and helpful. His cheerful spirit and desire for us to have a good stay will certainly factor in me booking at Red Roof in the future. Again many thanks to Victor and staff for a job well done!

Room Tip: Ensure that microwaves, refrigerators, ironing boards and irons are in all the rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for writing comments about your experience with our hotel and your encounters with our team. Victor is an outgoing maintenance man with a positive outlook on his position with our team. I am so happy to see that he made a difference with your experience and I will be sure to share this review with him. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you should your travels return you to our area.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we found a great rate and the property is pet friendly. At first, the property was fine - room was clean, the lobby was recently renovated, and it is close to restaurants and SeaWorld. However, at night the fire alarm started going off at 2am and went off for a couple hours. Finally at 4am we couldn't take it any longer and we checked out and went to another hotel. When waiting in line to check out, the desk agent said that the fire system isn't used to having so many heaters on (it was a cool night) so the fire detection system was reading it as there being fires since the rooms were warm. So, if you're planning on using the heater I'd avoid at all costs. I can't trust this property so for our monthly weekend trips to San Antonio, we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry that you encountered our fire alarms going off during your stay. I am disappointed that our system was being so hyper sensitive with all of the heaters being used during our cold nights.
I do hope that you will give us a chance to serve you better should your travels return you to our area.

Cotulla, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to this Red Roof Inn for over a year and I will NEVER stop coming here. The staff here makes me feel like family from the time I come in till the time I have to leave. The rooms are always in excellent condition and I'm truly impressed with VICTOR GONZALES the Maintenance man. He's always making sure the people staying here feel at home and if anything is wrong he will do anything in his power to make it better. He works extremely hard & makes this place look BEAUTIFUL.

I'm truly blessed to have found a place I come to as a getaway every month and it feels like I never left. God Bless this AGENCY!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with our hotel and team member Victor. He works very hard to keep our property maintained and clean for our guest. I will be sure to show him this review. Thank you again and we all look forward to serving you again when you return to hotel

Darlene Silva

Been to Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World? Share your experiences!