“horrible experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 W.Cesar Chavez Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78204 (Arsenal)   |
Ranked #89 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“horrible experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After staying at this property for over 60 days, I traveled home to celebrate the birth of our first grandchild. Due to the back log of air traffic I was delayed an extra day in my travels and arrived at this property to find out my 16 night reservation had been cancelled without notification because I was 16 hours late. It then took me three hours to find a place to stay, only to later chek availability online to find rooms available. I spend an average of 300 nights in hotels anually and will find it hard to continue to do business with such service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've never had the experience of staying in this chain which started life in San Antonio and now has dozens of properties in the US.

This property was a pleasant surprise with clean modern rooms (my king room suite was huge), professional staff, excellent meeting facilities, free wi-fi including meeting rooms, a very good breakfast buffet and a nice pool area for vacationers. All within easy walking distance of a major mall and the famous San Antonio Riverwalk. This, for a considerably lower nightly rate than nearby major meeting hotels .

Two things to consider are that there some repairs underway (external painting and minor maintenance) and an amusing lack of room toiletries (only shampoo and a small bar of soap).

I was there for a meeting and my committee was impressed enough that we plan to meet there again next March.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

While staying here my hotel room floor had hair all over it. It looked as if it hadn't been swept in weeks, lots of different types of hair. As I complained to the front desk, I could tell the floor had been mopped but was not cleaner than it was before. Hair and dirt also went down the drain as I turned on my shower. My floor had not been very well vacuumed. Outlets are hard to come by. Beds are uncomfortable. They charged me for a night TWO weeks before I stayed there! To top it off as I've been trying to call mangement, they've yet to answer my calls or return my voicemail. I've stayed at lots of La Quinta's as I travel a lot for my job, but I have NEVER been so disgusted or ticked off by any other location. Personally, I would not recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I reallly could not have asked for more - from making reservations over the phone, to calling for directions, checking in and out - PERFECT!
Staff were all friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and spotless. Breakfast was good. Location is good. It's a short walk to the downtown area, with sidewalks the entire way and clearly marked "places to see" signs at almost every corner.
The only thing that was confusing, the street name has changed and you need to use Durango in your GPS. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

What you WILL GET:
COMFORT!
CLOSE PROXIMITY to all the cool attractions in this beautiful city!
WARM BREAKFAST! This translates into extra dinero (that can be used) to enjoy the cool attractions in this beautiful city!
A GOOD NIGHTS REST and A SHORT DISTANCE to the next La Quinta help. This helps to alleviate; “The Ants Go Marching” and “I Spy With My Little Eye” MIGRAINES, the family (TALK) quarrels, and the (oldie-but-goodie) sibling-rivalries that are usually enjoyed on those long, eagerly anticipated road trips.

What you WON"T GET:
THE PROMISE of perfectly content family members and/or a fight-free vacation/or trouble-free business stay.
BED BUGS!!! Unless you want them! And/or you are a member of Greenpeace and fight for the little buggers “right to bite!”
ANY GOOD DISCOUNTS! UNLESS YOU ASK! IF you don't ask then You will never know! SO, ASK! They take many local, (and not so local), private and business discounts. It never hurts to ASK!
P.S. You’ll need to ASK for a room deeper in the hotel if you want a quieter stay. They will gladly accommodate the party poopers (like ME!)... remember, Downtown S.A. is alive with the sound of music, lol!
Thanks to all you listeners in LaQ-LAND! Lisa

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Excellent customer service. Close to the revitalized downtown Riverwalk area and the Alamo.

The pet walk area could use some help. No waste bags provided and no where handy to dispose of them. I always bring my own just in case so no problem for me, but I brought waste from some other pet into the hotel all the way to my room. Cleaned up the droppings from my shoes, but this wouldn't happen if there was a designated area with proper supplies.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown? Share your experiences!