“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Newark
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This is the most beautiful SB I ever stayed at. Rooms are big and very neat and clean. Front desk staff is very professional and friendly. Staff willing to that extra mile to full fill customer's demand and making sure leaving the property with 100% satisfaction. This hotel's location is also very convenient and all the nice restaurants are in walking distance. I eat breakfast and it was also great. Over all this hotel is 5 star hotel. I love it and if I ever have to come back and definitely will stay here again. Thanks to management for keeping this place neat and clean. Keep it up. Good Job.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while we were in town for a funeral after reading all the nice reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel itself was fine. Not great, but decent. However, on the last day of our stay I realized that my diamond earrings were stolen from my jewelry bag that I had on the bathroom counter. I took them off one day and they were stolen by the hotel's cleaning crew. The manager did call me and say she would look into it, but never called again. I did hear from someone from the hotel's parent company, but after taking my information, never followed up. So, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've been here for six weeks while my husband was on a temporary duty assignment at Ft. Sam Houston. The front desk and housekeeping have been great. The breakfast crew has been great. The hotel is kept very clean all day long by the maintenance staff. The laundry facility is okay - they have four washers and dryers - it would be great to have more machines. The rooms are spacious and well appointed.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice hotel suite north side of town. Decent breakfast, comfortable beds, fairly quiet. Rooms are large. We had a two bedroom suite. We stayed the weekend. Very limited hotel services on the weekend. If you are checking in on a Friday you must tell them you want additional clean towels or anything else for your room. Parking is a fenced in lot.
Notice in room tells about problems in the area. We did not have any issues. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

As a platinum Priority Club member, I was able (with a little cajoling) to convince the front desk staff to upgrade my family to a 2-bedroom suite from our reserved 1-bedroom suite. Wow -- what a room. Spacious, 2 baths, a balcony, nice living room and kitchenette, tastefully furnished, etc. We could have lived there for a week quite comfortably.

But even if you don't get one of their biggest rooms, I think you'll be happy with this hotel. The location is convenient and very near the airport. The place is modern, well-furnished, and well run. Breakfast is significantly better than a typical free motel breakfast. On the day we were there, in addition to a good assortment of hot and cold items, they served breakfast pizza. You certainly don't see that everyday. Highly recommended accommodations: among the best "airport hotels" I've stayed in, and a much better value than your typical non-suite motel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Aubnurn Hills, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

One of the best Staybridge Properties.Close to everything and it has updated rooms with HDMI ready televisions. One of the best desk chairs I have ever had in a hotel room. I am Platnim Elite with this chain and I will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

For labor day, we decided to head to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and I came across this hotel. I've stayed at Stay Bridge Suites in other states and it's been hit or miss with cleanliness and them having the room you reserved.

This hotel was great! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with a smile, our room was ready and clean and the pool was fantastic! We even walked 5 minutes over to Pappadeux Seafood for dinner. There was also a Texas Land and Cattle Resturant in the hotel's parking lot.

The beds are firm - so it wasn't the best sleep and the A/C blows super cold in the living room and the bedroom remained warm which made it more challenging for me to fall asleep. The pool is on the third 3 floor (outdoors) so it's pretty. Your room key gets you into the gated parking lot and it fills up st dark.

The front desk staff was friendly and we enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Staybridge Suites San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!