“Poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #206 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Taylor, Texas
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

From the beginning the staff at the front desk who answered my call requesting directions, were rude. Saying that the GPS directions and the address provided were different, as if I should have known that! Our stay was subpar at best with tons of small issues like no shampoo, light bulbs burnt out, not enough towels, dust on lamps etc… By the late evening we discovered ants crawling on the night stand and that the refrigerator was not cooling anything. We called the front desk several times and were unable to get a hold of anyone. Finally someone promised to come up to the room and resolve the refrigerator issue, however no one ever came. We chose the hotel for the pool, which was nice, and the airport shuttle which was not available because it was the weekend (this was not stated anywhere on the site we used to book nor was it in the confirmation email as they claimed when we checked in).
My main disappointment and the reason for this negative review, is that despite some of the nice things, like allowing us to check in 15 minutes early and late checkout, no one apologized for anything. They acted as if by asking for simple items, things that should have been provided and were expected, we were asking too much. When I asked to speak with a manager or an assistant no one was available and the receptionist didn’t apologize for the inconveniences we had experienced.
The staff needs lessons in customer service. I never asked for anything extra and did not want anything more than someone to say, in a polite tone, “Oh sorry, let us fix that for you.”

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear apwold,

Thank you for the candid review of our property. I am pleased that you were able to check in earlier and were granted late check out as well. However, I'm sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments about the bathroom amenities and the light bulbs have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
MÉXICO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed only one night but definitely we want to return to this beautiful hotel.
First it is not over the avenue , you have to drive through an alley so the rooms are very quiet.
We were welcome by a very friendly girl at front desk. The hotel looks very new and smells so clean. We had room 210 and was really clean, the furniture is minimalist, very nice and spacious.
With mini fridge and micro. The breakfast was ok, the same at all HIE, but it had what you need to start your day.
It´s like 5 mins from the airport by car
Really want to go back in my next stay in San Antonio

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The front desk clerk greeted me with a genuine smile and was able to accommodate my early check in request.

The premises were clean, the pool looked inviting, and everything was functioning in my room. My room was relatively quiet sans the active rugrats in the room above mine.

The king size bed was comfy, yet with the plethora of pillows, not one was incredibly comfortable, but they did suffice. I was tired, I didn't complain.

The hotel was a bit of a pain in the butt to get to when traveling northbound due to the one way access roads and such, but I think that is typical of the area. Parking in front is limited to about 5 spaces, but there is a large lot in the back.

I feel like this would be a good place for the business traveler or someone just passing through. But if you are in the area as a tourist, it might be better to find something closer to the tourist attractions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Franklin, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Frindly check-in - be sure to park in front under the canopy when checking in- limited parking. If you park in the larger rear lot, you must walk around to the front to register as the rear door is always locked!
The large room was clean, the breakfast was the basic Holiday Inn fare.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Brand new and up to date. I Tavel allot at major hotels but after staying here I'm gonna change my preference to Holiday Inn Express. I have been very impressed with that last three I've stayed at.

Room Tip: I highly recommend using Trip Advisor for the best room rates!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while visiitng the San Antonio area and were plesantly surprised by the hospitality and clealiness of this property. At first, we were apprehensive of the location since there was not much else around, but after driving around, we found that other hotels were close by and others were in the process of "coming soon." Several eateries and shopping strips were also close by. The hotel is very quiet and nicely tucked away. The carpeting was brand new in the rooms and hallways. The furniture was well appointed and the bed was comfortable. The room was clean and well mintained during our stay. The commom areas were clean and updates were being aded. The hotel is located about 15 minutes from the downtown attractions, but it was also a quiet retreat at nights after a busy day of sightseeing. Upon check in, we were greeted by Versha, who was very friendly, and was later seen mopping the floors to ensure that the entrance was clean and safe. Breakfast at the hotel was basic nothing too fancy: eggs. bacon, or sasuage, bagels, pasteries, toast, etc. Overall, this hotel was a nice and quiet place and I would stay here again on my return visit to the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

If you are wishing to stay at this hotel and plan to fly out of the San Antonio airport....choose elsewhere. First, it is not within close proximity to the airport. Second, it is in the boonies...not much nearby. Third, their airport shuttle has the worst hours of any "airport hotel" I have ever stayed. I as well as another colleague were not able to catch our morning flights without calling taxis (which are not nearby because the hotel is in the boonies). The hotel should not have "airport" listied in the name at all. Period.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North? Share your experiences!