From the beginning the staff at the front desk who answered my call requesting directions, were rude. Saying that the GPS directions and the address provided were different, as if I should have known that! Our stay was subpar at best with tons of small issues like no shampoo, light bulbs burnt out, not enough towels, dust on lamps etc… By the late evening we discovered ants crawling on the night stand and that the refrigerator was not cooling anything. We called the front desk several times and were unable to get a hold of anyone. Finally someone promised to come up to the room and resolve the refrigerator issue, however no one ever came. We chose the hotel for the pool, which was nice, and the airport shuttle which was not available because it was the weekend (this was not stated anywhere on the site we used to book nor was it in the confirmation email as they claimed when we checked in).
My main disappointment and the reason for this negative review, is that despite some of the nice things, like allowing us to check in 15 minutes early and late checkout, no one apologized for anything. They acted as if by asking for simple items, things that should have been provided and were expected, we were asking too much. When I asked to speak with a manager or an assistant no one was available and the receptionist didn’t apologize for the inconveniences we had experienced.
The staff needs lessons in customer service. I never asked for anything extra and did not want anything more than someone to say, in a polite tone, “Oh sorry, let us fix that for you.”
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North Hotel San Antonio
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North Hotel
- Holiday Inn San Antonio
- San Antonio Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Airport North offers 67 hotel Rooms and Suites, all equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, work desk, 2 phones, one is a speaker phone. The hotel is just 5 miles from the airport and minutes from all of San Antonio's attractions. There is also complimentary high speed Internet access in all of the rooms and suites. Suites are equipped with all of the above, plus sleeper sofa. Upgraded suites with whirlpools are available. Included in the price of the room is a continental breakfast, consisting of cinnamon rolls, biscuits & sausage gravy, pastries, cereal, bagels, breads, fruit, yogurt, juices, teas, and coffee. On property we have: a 24-hour gift shop and convenience store; a 24-hour business center complete with fax, copier, PC, printer, and high speed Internet access; exercise facilities and sauna; heated outdoor pool and hot tub; guest laundry facilities; and complimentary airport shuttle. We are equidistant from both the downtown attractions (like the Riverwalk and the Alamo), and the two major theme parks (Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas). We are only minutes from world class golf and shopping, as well as a variety of restaurants, movie theaters, and other leisure activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.