“When Niceness Helps” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport

You added Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Wolfe Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Ranked #101 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas
“When Niceness Helps”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I never thought I would be saying this...
In spite of an arduous experience at a nearby city's Red Roof Inn, I found this location decent, clean, fairly priced, and entirely adequate to my very limited purposes in the airport area of San Antonio. A crucial factor was the desk clerk's (Carlos') quick offer of an upgrade to a queen-size room from my booking of a room with two doubles. What a difference it makes when staff are friendly and helpful, as was the case during my brief stay!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. The staff works hard to provide a friendly and clean environment for all of our guests. I will show this review to all of the staff and especially Carlos. I hope you will stay with us when your future travels bring you to San Antonio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've heard this expression so many times by people who are short on cash and and are in need of shelter; "I just need a place to lay my head." My girlfriend and I thought that when we booked a 2 week road-trip from Miami to San Antonio; making a stop in each state to visit attractions and check-in during daylight hours.

Anyway due to no time restraints we ended up arriving at the Redroof after dusk. The location sits on the opposite side of the expressway from all e other airport hotels and is situated behind warehouses that normally close by 5pm. My friends first thought was that this is a place where people go when they don't want to be recognized or when on a secret rendezvous.

When we pulled up there was a black cat hanging in front of the entrance. I went in to check in and the front desk staff was extremely friendly; especially since Miami Heat (where I'm from) was in the playoffs with San Antonio Spurs (where I was).

Upon entering the elevator there was a beer can on the floor. As a habit my friend and I always check the room out prior to bringing in our luggage, but because of the late time we just grabbed our bags and headed to our room. Several things we do is make sure the toilet flushes properly, make sure water drains in the ton/shower and always pull back the bedspreads/sheets for spots and stains. By now this was our 5th hotel and the one we would stay in the longest so we were ready for the long hall. Everything in the bathroom checked out, until I heard my friend scream my name to come and take a look at the beds. The bedspreads contained so many spots and stains that we didn't want to think about what they could be.

We returned to the front desk and asked for another room and the manger politely accommodated our request. But the same thing was true for the other room. So at about 11:30 at night we had to ask for a refund and begin the search for a hotel with cleaner beds. Of course we had to sit in the parking lot while we contacted hotels.com for a safer/cleaner place.

If you could care less about where you lay your head and/or body, then this is the hotel for you, but if you at least want something that you can sleep a little more comfortably snuggled under clean sheets then I suggest you look elsewhere.

The staff was nice and had no issues with them; however, for those hotels who still choose to use bedspreads and washing them daily is unheard of, then they need to follow the lead of four and five star hotels who use sheets and place thin down comforters between them so that the sheets can be washed daily.

Room Tip: Call and ask hotel if they have bedspreads on top of the beds or if they use comforters in between s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for submitting this review and bringing this issue to my attention. We do wash the bedspreads often and try to treat the stains that occur. Unfortunately, the light color of the bedspread (see pictures), makes that a challenging process. My apologies for the condition of the bedspreads in the two rooms that you were in. We will definitely endeavor to find new ways to get rid of stains on the bedspreads. I do hope that you will choose to give Red Roof Inn another chance in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed at a RRI in San Antonio before and just thought I'd return to that same location. However, when reading the reviews before booking a reservation, I saw that the location I had once stayed had bad reviews. Although I did not have a bad experience when I was there, I decided to not go and search for another location. That's when I saw the reviews for the San Antonio Airport location. There was one good review after another, so I decided to give it a try. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It is near the highway but not walking distance to any food or shopping places. The refrigerator and microwave make up for it. Overall, it was a great place to stay for the price. I would definitely return for a stay and recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. We are about a mile (20 minute walk) from any restaurant. This is truly inconvenient to some of our guests. There are several delivery places that we regularly recommend for guests who do not wish to walk and are without transportation. The location is a great, though, nestled in the intersection of two freeways. I am glad that you have discovered us, and I look forward to your future visits to San Antonio and Red Roof Inn.
Merida, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Friendly staff! Cleaning ladies were friendly. Clean quiet room with a nice bed. There was a little mold in the shower and we told the front desk and they said they would take care of it right away! No hair dryer in the room. It is a good location and run by good people. We will stay there again (we have stayed there in the past several times.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide a good clean room at a competitive price. We do have irons and hairdryers available at the front desk, but not installed in many of the rooms. I will be sure to share your review with the staff. It isgreat for the morale when we get wonderful reviews like yours.

I look forward to your visits in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Great place close to the airport. Paid for my taxi to and from the airport and very decently priced. Not very close to anything but nice place to stay if you're just going to the airport. Everyone was incredibly helpful and nice. Shuttles to the airport or they pay for your taxi.

• Stayed April 2013
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We appreciate your comments about the property. We are indeed very close to the airport and provide transportation to and from San Antonio International Airport between 6am and 11pm daily.

You are correct that we are not close to anything, unless you are driving. Within a mile we have Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, and Logan's Roadhouse. The hotel is located at the highway interchange of 281 and Loop 410. This does make it easy to get to the River Walk, SeaWorld, and Six Flags.

I hope you will stay with us in the future when you are in San Antonio.
Roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This inn has been consistent and maintains the high quality standards they have for years. I get there twice a year and always look forward to a clean room with everything in working condition and an early check in when available.
This property goes in the class of "As fine a Red Roof Inn as I've seen.
The only downside is they have discontinued the USA Today and offer for the guest(s) to go online as a replacement. If the connection was quicker and more consistant, that could work, but wouldn't be the same.

Room Tip: If you're older or an unescorted female, I recomend an inside room. For quiet, stay away from th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give such a great review. I especially appreciate the "room tips." It is good practice for all single female travelers to not stay on the first floor in any hotel. Definitely, our first floor rooms provide a great convenience for driving travelers, but tend to have a greater chance of disturbance from the parking lot.

I will be sharing your comments with the staff. They will love to see the great feedback. I look forward to your next stay with us.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The entire staff (Nadia, Kathleen, John, Carlos, Linda) made my two week stay very pleasant and comfortable. I want to thank all of them for allowing me to be worry-free. The location near the airport was important to me. For sure, the next time I need a hotel in San Antonio, I will choose the Red Roof Inn San Antonio-Airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to commend the staff. I will make sure to post your review for all to see. I look forward to your future stays with us.

Been to Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!