“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Wolfe Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Ranked #111 of 351 hotels in San Antonio
Great Bend, Kansas, United States
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hotel was very Nice, Rooms were spacious, clean, and the staff was very friendly. Location on the other hand was not very comforting, and access from the interstate was confusing and took alot of time to find, but the front Desk attendant helped out and explained how to do it easier.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
My apologies for the maze that is San Antonio, in general, and the Airport area, in particular. The hotel is located in a curve of the 281 at the 410 loop. It is a challenge for our guests to find us through all the one-way access roads. I am glad to hear that the staff was able to assist you. We are all very knowledgeable of the area. I will share your review with the staff. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great location close to the airport, just a bit confusing in finding it if your driving, but once you find it it's pretty easy. Within a 5min drive to lots of restaurants and also a large mall. Rooms have been upgraded, although building is definitely older. Everything was clean and the customer service was always excellent and attentive!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review. Our location is indeed within short drive of many attractions, including restaurants, shopping, and the airport. Additionally, downtown, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and SeaWorld are only about 20 minutes from our location. Your review will be shared with the staff. I hope you will choose Red Roof Inn for your future travel needs.
Edinburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this Red Roof Inn, and it doesn't disappoint. For the the price, you get a nice clean room, and friendly staff. It has been a convenient , budget friendly stop for us in San Antonio, close to the airport and pretty easy to get to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I appreciate the great review, Cathy. I know that we are doing a good job to see guests stay with us on multiple visits. Please remember to sign up for RediCard, our frequent stay program. You will be able to earn free nights in addition to receiving a weekday USA Today delivered to your room and 8pm courtsy hold on your reservaions.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I look forward to your future visits.
AUSTIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Disappointed. One hand towel for two people in the room, Musty smell and mold stains on ceiling from leak above (we were in room 113). A/C was noisy, sunded like jet engine. No coffee maker, frig or microwave. Bathroom so small could not close door when sitting on toilet, actually smaller than smallest bathroom on cruise ships. They advertise $40 a night if you stay 5 nights. I paid $50 via Priceline.

Now the good: comfy beds, really nice people at desk, coffee at front desk, adequate blackout curtains, room was clean. First floor rooms have outside entrances, right from the parking lot, great if you are handicapped. So if you want barebones travel, clean room, good bed, cheap room... I guess you could do a lot worse. I'm just used to more conveniences at around the same price point.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have outside entrances.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to bring the ceiling issue to my attention. We were able to correct it immediately. My apologies for the lack of amenities in the rooms. We do offer superior king rooms with microwaves, mini-fridges, and coffee makers for a small surcharge. Otherwise, our standard rooms are a great value and competitively priced in the market.

I hope you will choose to try Red Roof Inn again. Book directly with redroof.com for specials and a wider variety of room type.
Wills Point, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were informed of a death in our family, and needed a place to stay that would be convenient , safe, and affordable for two women who would have to depend on transportation from family. After consulting the internet and speaking with several places in San Antonio, the representative at this Red Roof Inn was by far the most helpful.
Our room was exacted as represented, and we were provided with every request we made.
We appreciated their making our experience as pleasant as it could have been.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I hope that you will consider staying with us the next you are in San Antonio.
Cody, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

On or about January 29th, we booked a room with the Red Roof Inn in San Antonio because RRoof was very close to the airport, and the Delta flight came in SOO late! We didn't want our daughter or son-in-law to have to drive to the airport (from Boerne about an hour and a half or more away) and wake up our grandchildren at nearly 3 in the morning when we arrived at their home that night! After I made the reservation, I had forgotten to let them know that we needed to be picked up at the airport and wanted to give them our flight numbers, so I called back! They quickly told me that they don't have a courtesy car service past 10:30 or 11:00 pm. SO, I told them to CANCEL my room reservation as I would stay at a place that DID indeed have that service! The desk person told me that they would do that and emailed a Cancellation Certificate. Imagine my surprise, when my Visa Bill arrived today, and I find that I had been Billed for the Total Amount anyway!!? When I called the person at the desk, he told me that that was NOT their problem as we had booked it through Booking.com or something of that sort (this was NOT the case as I Booked AND Cancelled this room directly with the hotel desk)! It took some Wrangling and Threatening before he finally offered to Refund our Credit Card. I have seen nothing yet! I caution all travelers-DO take a look at your Credit Card Charges each billing and make sure that some of these unscrupulous places don't just "charge them anyway"! We are Lodge owners from Cody Wyoming-(my wife has a 4 1/2 Star Rating with TAdvisor). I assure you, you won't need to worry about this kind of thing if you come to Big Wonderful Wyoming
D

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
My apologies that the cancellation did not flow over to the hotel when you cancelled the reservervation. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to see cancellations on third party websites. Please contact the hotel directly if you do not see the refund to your credit within five business days.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Recent upgrades to an older complex. Nice size clean rooms for a good price. No many extra such as no breakfast but it is close to many options. It is also not easy to find unless you know where it is or have a GPS . Had weak wifi. Generally pretty quiet location.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We were indeed recently remodeled. We are centrally located in San Antonio near the airport. I would recommend a GPS to find your way around San Antonio.

I hope you will choose to stay with us when you are next in San Antonio.

Been to Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!