“They Charged our Credit Card even though we did not stay and cancelled again minutes after we booked” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport

You added Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Wolfe Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Ranked #104 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Cody, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

On or about January 29th, we booked a room with the Red Roof Inn in San Antonio because RRoof was very close to the airport, and the Delta flight came in SOO late! We didn't want our daughter or son-in-law to have to drive to the airport (from Boerne about an hour and a half or more away) and wake up our grandchildren at nearly 3 in the morning when we arrived at their home that night! After I made the reservation, I had forgotten to let them know that we needed to be picked up at the airport and wanted to give them our flight numbers, so I called back! They quickly told me that they don't have a courtesy car service past 10:30 or 11:00 pm. SO, I told them to CANCEL my room reservation as I would stay at a place that DID indeed have that service! The desk person told me that they would do that and emailed a Cancellation Certificate. Imagine my surprise, when my Visa Bill arrived today, and I find that I had been Billed for the Total Amount anyway!!? When I called the person at the desk, he told me that that was NOT their problem as we had booked it through Booking.com or something of that sort (this was NOT the case as I Booked AND Cancelled this room directly with the hotel desk)! It took some Wrangling and Threatening before he finally offered to Refund our Credit Card. I have seen nothing yet! I caution all travelers-DO take a look at your Credit Card Charges each billing and make sure that some of these unscrupulous places don't just "charge them anyway"! We are Lodge owners from Cody Wyoming-(my wife has a 4 1/2 Star Rating with TAdvisor). I assure you, you won't need to worry about this kind of thing if you come to Big Wonderful Wyoming
D

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
My apologies that the cancellation did not flow over to the hotel when you cancelled the reservervation. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to see cancellations on third party websites. Please contact the hotel directly if you do not see the refund to your credit within five business days.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Recent upgrades to an older complex. Nice size clean rooms for a good price. No many extra such as no breakfast but it is close to many options. It is also not easy to find unless you know where it is or have a GPS . Had weak wifi. Generally pretty quiet location.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We were indeed recently remodeled. We are centrally located in San Antonio near the airport. I would recommend a GPS to find your way around San Antonio.

I hope you will choose to stay with us when you are next in San Antonio.
Kerrville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spur of the moment decision to stay overnight in San Antonio. Warmly welcomed, good rate. Our rooms were clean and everything worked. After I had been in the room about 10 minutes received a call from the front desk making sure everything was okay and that I was satisfied with the room. Comfortable desk chair and something you rarely find in even the toniest hotels...plenty of unused electrical outlets. Check out smooth and pleasant. The friendly staff would make a return trip a pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
I appreciate the great review. I especially liked the mention of the comfortable desk chair. That is something that I have found lacking in other hotels, also. Thank you for the nod to the team. We do have a great staff that enjoys the hospitality industry.

I look forward to your next unexpected overnight visit to San Antonio.
High Point, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Flying out of San Antonio International will be easier if you book your pre- or post-night stay here. Three turns and guests will be out of the parking lot and into the airport terminals. Staff is quick to give simple directions to assure successful navigation.
Rooms are clean and comfortably furnished, lobby is small but attractive, and the staff follows check in with an in-the-room courtesy call to determine customer satisfaction. Team staff members who were especially welcoming were John and Nadia. Every question regarding directions, available and convenient restaurants, down to free printing of boarding passes in the lobby were handled by this friendly team. Great customer service!
Be cautious in following directions on the way to the hotel for they can be tricky.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We are a convenient location for travel in and out of San Antonio International Airport. We, also, provide transportation to and from the airport between 6am and 11pm.

I will be sure to share the review with the staff, especially John and Nadia. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Ingleside, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have been staying at the San Antonio Airport Red Roof Inn for several years on a regular basis. When going to San Antonio from Corpus Christi, my vehicle seems to automatically steer to 333 Wolf (I keep it permanently in my GPS favorites). Whether checking in early or very very late, I am always greeted with a smile and a cheerful "Welcome Back, How may we be of service". The rooms are immaculate, the premises are well kept, the internet is great, and the coffee is the best (always seems to be fresh). While Carlos, Linda, and John are great, the ELITE of the elite is hands down Nadia. She provides the true professional and sense of caring for the customer that others can only try and hope to emulate. When Nadia is on duty when you check in, you know you are in good hands. (The rest of you are great too, but, Nadia, you are the best)

Bottom line: If you are going to stay overnight in San Antonio, you are doing yourself a disservice by not staying at the SAN ANTONIO AIRPORT RED ROOF INN.

(The drive downtown from here is very easy and fast, only about 9 minutes)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We work diligently to make every guest feel welcome and important. It warms my heart that you took time to recognize the hard work of the staff. I look forward to your future visits here in San Antonio.
Ocracoke, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The rooms are nice, beds are very comfortable and the staff was very helpful. Be aware that this hotel's location is not near much of anything as far as dining, shopping, etc. without calling a taxi. Also, the hotel did not have the airport shuttle available when I arrived after 6:00 p.m. or my flight out the next morning before 6:00 a.m., but they did reimburse me for the taxi to the hotel..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. There is indeed not much within walking distance to the inn, but we are centrally located to enjoy Six Flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld, the River Walk, and the outlet malls in San Marcos. Red Roof Inn San Antonio Airport does provide transportation between 6am and 11pm to and from the airport, even if we need to reimburse taxi fare when the shuttle is not available.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I truly appreciate someone that values customer service and Linda at the front desk did that. I stayed there back in March and just recently. She is the main reason I returned. Thank you and keep up the good work of the lost art of customer service in this day and age.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Linda is truly an asset to the inn. All of our staff takes pleasure and responsibility in the satisfaction of the guests. It is always good to have the feedback from the guests confirming that we are doing it correctly. Thank you for your review. I hope we see you again in the future.

Been to Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!