“Excellent customer service , especially Linda” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport

You added Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Wolfe Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Ranked #100 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Excellent customer service , especially Linda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Linda checked me in and was very helpful getting a specific location to meet my needs.
She gave excellent directions and advice on restaurants nearby. She was always friendly, no matter how busy the desk was! The whole crew was great, but I especially appreciated her professionalism and attitude!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for the kudos for Linda. She and the rest of the staff strive to provide excellent customer service always. I have printed your comments for Linda, I know she will be happy that she made a memorable impression. I hope you will choose Red Roof Inn for any future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel was close to the airport, which is why we chose it. Although their airport shuttle wasn’t available, they did pay for the taxi to get us to the hotel. The rooms were clean and thank goodness the AC worked perfectly. The hotel was just off the freeway which was great as we drove to Lackland AFB everyday to see our son who had just gotten out of Boot Camp. All in all, it was well worth it. It is not the Hilton, but still very clean and usable.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a large number further away from the elevators
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. Red Roof Inn strives to provide a comfortable room at a great value. Congratulations to your son for successfully completing boot camp. This is not an easy accomplishment.
Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

First the good part... At less than $50 a night, the price is certainly right for this hotel. Plus, the hotel itself is pretty nice. The room I stayed in was clean enough and appeared to have been remodeled fairly recently. It is very much in line with what you would expect from the typical Red Roof, Super 8, Days Inn, etc.

Then, the not so good... First, be sure you are using a GPS to find this place. It is on the opposite side of the freeway from the airport in a somewhat out of the way area. Second, when I drove up, I noticed a banner offering "special weekly rates". I initially thought nothing of it. But after being there for just a few minutes one quickly realizes that many of this hotel's guests are what you might call "long-term residents". Quite a few of them look as though they might have been living at a homeless shelter before moving in here. I even noticed a good size group of them sitting behind the hotel getting wasted on Mickey's, King Cobra, and Colt 45 in the evening. As a 6'4" guy, I found this rather amusing. My wife, however, was unimpressed (and a bit frightened). I probably would not recommend this hotel for women or families...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Red Roof Inn San Antonio Airport. We are absolutely a great value for the leisure traveler. We are an even better value for business travelers. The weekly rate starts at five days for $224.95 plus tax. This is an appealing rate for guests who are in San Antonio on business during the week. This rate, though, is too expensive for long-term residents. My apologies that other guests were socializing in the back. Unfortunately, we do not have many places for a group to gather. I do hope that you do not think that Red Roof Inn caters to a degenerate clientele, and stay with us in the future.
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Last minute i had to stay in a hotel in san antonio due to plane delay. I didnt want to spend $100 or more for a couple hour stay. This hotel was $54 plus tax. Ratings weren't that great but it was only for few hrs so i went with it. Glad i did. All rooms inside. Its either a new hotel or refurbished. Rooms clean. Quietest ac I've ever had in a hotel. Free wifi. Shuttle to airport. Flat screen tv, comfortable bed and pillows.
I was pleasantly surprised. Beats a $100 hotel. Theres no breakfast, just coffee but with $ i saved I'll go out to breakfast

• Stayed July 2012
Wow. Thank you for covering all the great amenities that we have to offer. I know a comfortable bed is golden when you travel. I hope that you choose Red Roof Inn in the future for the great value and comfortable room.
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I only stayed here over night because they had free shuttle to the airport and the room was super cheap. I was expecting it to be a run down Motel time of place. I was wrong. The front desk manager was amazing! He was so friendly, even helped me cut open a plastic container that I had purchased from Best Buy. The room was huge with a great desk. The room was newly renovated and was cute and cold, just how I like it. The ac worked great. I didn't have any issues at all with hotel, I literally had a better stay here than I did at other hotels that are labeled as superior plus or whatever...I would definitely go back next time I go to the airport, I wouldn't stay there for leisure only because there is not much around that is easy to get to. The location is just in a weird spot. All in all, no complaints.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. The new rooms are very comfortable. The courtesy airport shuttle is a nice convenience for the air traveler. I am happy that you enjoyed your short stay and hope that you will stay with us in the future when flying out of San Antonio.
Pharr, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The staff went out of their way to move us to another room even thou we did not think it was necessary when we experienced a minor problem with the bathroom.

This is the experience I have always had at this hotel. The staff is always ready to help in whatever way they can at all hours of the day or night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. Good comments are especially meaningful when they come from a guest that stays here often. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Ft Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Im not going to lie and say that the stay was flawless but I am big on customer service and in my opinion this trumps a minor issue or two that I had.

John made check in simple and painless. Nadia took me to to get something for dinner as I drive a truck and cant move it after I have stopped for the night. At checkout Dan was very nice and professional as well. All three took the time to just BS for a minute or two making me feel like they were happy that I was staying there.

As far as the room goes, when I got there I sat on the bed to take my shoes off. The mattress collapsed as if there was nothing inside. I checked the other side of the bed and it was ok. I did wake up the next morning with a back ache as the mattress wasnt very comfortable.

The only other issue was the inside of the lid to the ice bucket was pretty dirty. Other than this I felt the room was clean and comfortable.

One last thing is if you are looking for breakfast, keep on looking. I am on the road an average of 2-4 nights a week and stay in a lot of different motels. I think this is the first motel that I havent seen at least some stale pastries or something. All they had to offer was coffee (YUK!!!).

All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof Inn and will be staying here again if I need a room while in San Antone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
I appreciate the review of your stay. My apologies for bed and the ice bucket lid. I will endeavor to ensure that these are not issues in the future. Dan, Nadia, Carlos and the rest of the team will enjoy seeing your comments. I look forward to your future stays at Red Roof Inn.

Been to Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!