“FABULOUS, fresh gourmet ~ Incredible service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tacos Y Burritos Metro Basilica 2

Tacos Y Burritos Metro Basilica 2
7627 Culebra Rd, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Formerly RoMo's Cafe)
(210) 680-1412
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,257 of 4,093 restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
San Antonio
“FABULOUS, fresh gourmet ~ Incredible service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Recently went to Romo's for a late lunch, early dinner on a Saturday after seeing incredible updates and pics on facebook. I had the Fra Diavolo and my husband had the Shrimp & Grits. Amazing. I have to say this is THE best dining experience in the Culebra/Westover area. Fresh ingredients and just the right portion size. The chef recommended a great Texas wine to accompany our dish and took it a bit further to explain details. We followed our meal by sharing a house made dessert, impossible pasteles (?) Can't recall the exact name but it was exceptional. Nice people run this place and they truly care about their craft and their customers. We will be back!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
San Antonio, Texas
“Gourmet Cuisine Comes to Northwest San Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I dined at RoMo's Cafe last week, after hearing all sorts of accolades about the food. They won the San Antonio Express-News award for "Best French Fries" so we knew it had to be pretty good! We heard it was in kind of a weird area--Culebra and 410. Lots of strip centers, dry cleaners, and taquerias. Not a bad locale, just...not what you'd expect for the kind of food you get.
Prices are fair but a bit all over the map. For instance, my chicken breast and risotto was $14, but a larger meal of turkey, dressing, and potatoes was $9. In any case, the menu changes daily although they do have staples that they make continually. The restaurant itself is casual--you can wear jeans and t-shirts. The owner is a CIA-San Antonio graduate and a veteran. He clearly takes pride in his food and works very hard to get the message out that he's here. I've seen him on Facebook and at various restaurant social events.
My husband had the San Antonio Cheesesteak--very good. A cheesesteak with grilled onions and a really good avocado sauce. Yummy. I had the airline chicken and pumpkin risotto and it was absolutely delicious. The skin on the chicken was crisp and seasoned well. The pumpkin risotto was perfectly cooked and honestly, even though they gave me plenty, I could have eaten about 4 helpings of it. Very savory and satistfying. We got a piece of Strawberry cake to go--and to be honest, it didn't look like much, but upon eating it when we got home we were very surprised. The cake was really good--a lemony-vanilla bundt cake that had the tastiest crisp crust that was just so good. It was in a strawberry sauce with real whipped cream. It was great. I enjoyed it!

• Visited October 2011