“Great stay over holidays” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown / Alamo Plaza

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown / Alamo Plaza to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown / Alamo Plaza
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Bowie Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #57 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Redmond, WA
“Great stay over holidays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting San Antonio over the Christmas holidays. I am a big fan of Marriott Springhill Suites, bright and big rooms with clean and modern furnishings, a separate sitting area, a large desk with plenty of outlets that you can charge all your electric gadgets all at once. This one is no different, and it is a brand new Marriott Springhill Suite hotel. Everything worked properly and the staff was very nice. It’s a 5 minute walk to Alamo, and a 10 minute walk to River Walk.

The only thing that I didn’t like about this hotel is the $21 dollar parking fee, but that’s more about hotels in downtown San Antonio (they all charge around that amount) than this one in particular. One helpful tip is that there is plenty of metered street parking around the hotel, at 25 cents an hour, you could easily park on the street for 2 bucks a day (meter is only enforced from 8am to 6pm).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a nice property. It's close to the Alamodome and the Riverwalk (Alamo right around the corner). I was in room 609 - a double queen suite. The room size was perfect, but it was facing the interstate so it was too loud for light sleepers. Also, it seems to attract traveling teenage tournament teams. Unfortunately, we had an adjoining room next to a group of teenage boys who haven't yet learned hotel etiquette. They let the front door slam repeatedly late at night and then again starting at 5 am. Not the hotel's fault, but just a warning that it could happen to you. They were also messing with the door between our rooms during the evening and mine was unlocked when we checked in.

The breakfast was excellent. Plenty of choices to satisfy any appetite. Great healthy choices!

I was prepared for the $21 valet, but I still think it's excessive...

It's close to an excellent for me except for the over-priced parking and risk of noisy neighbors. Marriott can do something about one of those and I would be willing to forgive the other.

I stayed in 3 different properties on this trip. An Omni, a Hampton and this one. Based on this trip, this was my least favorite (but still a 4 out of 5).

Room Tip: Very close to Interstate 37. A room on the west side should be less noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a short walk from The Alamo and San Antonio River Walk, in a quiet neighbourhood. If you are lucky you can find parking in front the hotel, instead of the 25$ private parking. The room was very clean and spacious, stylish and modernised. The only negative point was the basic continental breakfast. There was coffee and tea machine at the lobby every day for free.I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed December 2012
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very nice new hotel. But I believe the service was lacking. I do understand that during our stay we were there during the Alamo Bowl and the New Years Eve holiday. But I do believe that the hotel could have better job in preparing for the increased number of guests staying at the hotel. We checked in Saturday the day of the Alamo Bowl and were met with a line of guests and cars waiting to check in at the property. There was only one valet attendant as well as one front desk agent to check people in. The room was nice and sleek, very modern and seems as if it is the new Springhill style with a modern look. The bathroom area is lacking in terms of space. The location of the hotel is a little ways away from the Alamo and other sights but is definitely walkable for those who aren't shy from a three block walk. The story on the valet parking is that the Marriott properties have a lack of parking area, so they have to double park all of the cars in the back of the hotel and charge you $21.00 a night to valet park your car. I believe that most of the valet staff are frustrated with having to move multiple cars to get to your particular car and this rubs off on how the treat the guests staying at the hotel. Some of the valet staff were rude to many of the guests due to the increased amount of cars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Crowley, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Springhill Suites in downtown San Antonio for a long weekend vacation. I arrived early and they were very accommodating. I was first greeted by the polite valet who helped me unload my luggage. As I entered the lobby, the front desk clerk was very friendly and welcomed me to San Antonio and to the Hotel. She was professional and encouraged me to ask them for any assistance while I stayed there. The lobby is a very large open space, neat, clean and close to the elevators. As I entered my room, I got the feeling of staying in a modern apartment. Very clean well kept room. The room has a living room which was very comfortable to sit and relax on after my long drive in from Louisiana. As I sat there looking over the room, I see it has a large desk area with great lighting and a comfy chair to sit at. The queen bed is one of the best I have slept on (soooo comfortable). The linens were fresh and bright. The room had a 42" flat screen tv which aided in my relaxing in the evenings. The bath area was just what you expect, clean and fresh. Very nice shower, plenty of towels and a large sink area. The carpet in the room looked brand new... It was spotless. Each morning I went down to the "free" breakfast and it was not just a bagle and coffee. They had a full breakfast buffet with milk, juice, yougart and of course coffee. The staff monitoring the breakfast area were very supportive to helping their guests. The reason I chose this hotel was because it was close to the Riverwalk, a mall, the Alamo, The Towers of America and just centrally located to everything. You can literally walk to anything you want to see... Would I stay here again? Definately... Thank you Springhill Suites for a very pleasant stay...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, parking seems the only irritating problem. We paid $21 for valet parking for one night only and then looked elsewhere to park. The rooms are big but it's not a suite exactly. The beds were great, the complimentary breakfast was very nice. We stayed three nights in the hotel, the staff was courteous the price was good. It not a fancy hotel but its really good for its 3 stars.

Room Tip: The a/c is noisy try to find a less noisier room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

First all I have to say I am late on writing my review, but I feel better late than never. My family stayed at this location during Thanksgiving and when we checked in we was a mess. The sweet young hispanic female that handle us was so gracious and kind. I forgot her name so sorry. I explained to her that we recently lost our 5 yo son and she express her sympathy and even shared a tear. I basically was letting her know we was there just trying to escape family and Thanksgiving. Our room was beautiful and our stay was great. The staff treat us so great. My son wants to stay here for Christmas. I just called tonight and spoke with Brett who made me feel great because as soon as I gave him my name he remember me and my family and wanted to know how we was doing. That made me feel good. I highly recommend this hotel. They make u feel right at home. Thanks to Springhill staff and we hope to visit soon.
The Garrett's

• Stayed November 2012

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown / Alamo Plaza? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown / Alamo Plaza

Address: 411 Bowie Street, San Antonio, TX 78205
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio > East Side
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #57 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown / Alamo Plaza 3*
The Springhill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza hotel is right next to the historic Alamo and is within walking distance to the famous San Antonio Riverwalk. It is a 6-story building, offering 118 new designed suites that delivers space, style and inspiring spaces that will enrich every guests travel. The SpringHill Suites by Marriott offers complimentary new hot breakfast daily, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, business center, 24/7 Market, on-site fitness center and outdoor heated pool. Valet parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown / Alamo Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown / Alamo Plaza, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.