“Nice steaks - very family friendly ” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Nice steaks - very family friendly ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had dinner there with family (including small kids) the other night and it was wonderful! Our server was great with the kids, put their order in first so they could eat early, we had a wonderful and very affordable wine with our meal and the steaks were just delicious!

Paradise, NL
“To Die For Dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We went for a 50th birthday celebration. I ordered the ribs, they were well done too crisp for me. Dried out! Presentation wasn't the best just ribs and sweet potato fries smothered in butter. I should have had them without the butter. We had the slab of chocolate cake for dessert. It was awesome loved it. It was an enormous piece of cake. Our server was good too. Would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Saltgras”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I spent a night at the Menger Hotel which is half a block from the Riverwalk. We've been to the Riverwalk several times, and are from Texas so we decided to to have something other than Mexican food :). After walking around for a bit, we chose the Saltgrass. I'd heard of the chain but never had it. My steak was awesome and the service was great. I had a pepper crusted steak and there was just enough pepper on it (I like a lot of pepper :). Our waitress (wish I could remember her name) was perfect - she talked and joked with us just enough and had a good sense of when to leave us along for a couples dinner :). Everything is a little more expensive on the Riverwalk, so if you expect that, you can't really complain about the price.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hoover, Alabama
“Expected a better steak in TX”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We really expected a better steak while in Texas. We ordered the pepper crusted filet and were disappointed. I thought the pepper was too heavy and after removing some of the pepper,the steak was bland. The roasted veggies were not seasoned and left me disappointed. On a positive note our server did a good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Very good food at Riverwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have checked the menu's of different places before arriving here. They have steaks of reasonable size, so we have decided to try this one. Good choice. We went inside to avoid the noise of the riverwalk and the moisture of that evening. We got superb steaks; wine is good too as is the service. Considering the average prices in the area, you get here a very good value for money. We came again a couple of days later, the other restaurants in the vicinity being not convincing. Our good first impression has been confirmed. We recommend this place !

• Visited May 2014