“FANTASTIC LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza
Ranked #93 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Miami, Florida
“FANTASTIC LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

There isn't a better location near the Alamo and River Walk (within a reasonable price). You can walk everywhere from this hotel (The Alamo is just across the street.). My room was very spacious with a big window for lots of natural light (I like that). There was no frig or microwave; but, there was a coffee pot. There is free wi-fi. There's a good (complimentary) breakfast in the morning. The breakfast area was well-stocked and clean. The staff is welcoming and friendly.

My room was very clean and fresh with a comfortable bed. Everything was perfect.

The one thing is, you have no option but to valet your car (for $21 a day). But, like I said, the Alamo, River Walk, the River Walk Mall tons of shops - everything is within walking distance of this hotel - about a block away, so you won't need your car for those things. This seems like a very safe neighborhood for walking around. (I can't say that FOR SURE, but I didn't have any problems at all - seemed safe to me.)

I also visited some Missions (National Park sites), but they are farther away. So, this location is not near those at all. (Be sure to drive out and see the missions if you are here - don't miss them; they are beautiful.)

A great stay - and I would definitely stay here again when visiting San Antonio. You can't beat location and price.

Some San Antonio advice: Be sure to take one of those River Walk little river cruises. It's a lot of fun and you get some history on the river. It's only $8 and takes about 45 minutes - I was so glad I did it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pinon Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We arrived at our hotel and were greated by a very nice Marriott staff. The location was just what we wanted. Each morning had nice continental breakfast. Only on drawback was the valet, we came in a large truck and they we were unable to park it, so we had to park in a self park across the street. All was good.. except alot of noise on our Friday and Saturday night due to bar on the corner. But was not disappointed in stay at this Marriott, clean, friendly, helpful. Would stay there again...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Little Elm, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. Very close to the highway and the downtown attractions. The room are large, nice and clean. The front desk staff was great. We will definitly stay here everytime we visit.

Abilene, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on short notice Friday night. It's very similar to a Holiday Inn. Rooms were very clean, check inn and out simple, free breakfast, good water pressure and you can't beat the rate. It's no frills but still very good.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My mom husband and I stayed here for two nights. We had a great stay. The front desk staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. The wifi is free and so is the breakfast. They had quite a few choices which was nice. The pool was pretty good but had limited sun time. The location is great very close to the Alamo and river walk. I couldn't have asked for a better location and price. The only thing we thought was strange was there was no safe or fridge in the room. The only downside was the steep parking cost 21$ per night. I'm sure we could've parked elsewhere close by for cheaper but I didnt want to risk it with a rental car. Overall we had a great stay and would definitely recommend it to others.

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We booked a 4-night stay for my husband's convention. When we got there, there was no one at the front desk to greet us. When I called out, the attendant came, but did not greet us very warmly, like we had interrupted her or something. She asked for our ID and credit card, and then didn't say a word for a while as she searched her computer. I knew something was wrong because she kept shaking her head. I asked if she had our reservation, and she said yes, but there wasn't a room available. We booked a suite, but ended up in a regular room. I would have given a lower rating except they did try to fix things by discounting our room rate $10 the first night, moving us to the Springhill Suites next door for the rest of our stay, and discounting the rate there $10 a night. They also took us to the Springhill for their deluxe hot breakfast, which was better than the Fairfield's continental breakfast. Kudos to Daniel, one of the managers, that personally walked us over to the Springhill, even carrying some of our luggage! He represented the kind of service I was expecting from a Marriott property. More on Daniel in my next review of the Springhill.

Room Tip: If you're arriving late in the evening, I suggest calling ahead so, hopefully, they will save th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Loved that this hotel is in walking distance from the Alamo and Riverwalk. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Staff at front desk asked what your plans were while staying in San Antonio and we mentioned that we were visiting Six Flags and we were given 1/2 off coupons for tickets. Downside is mandatory valet parking for $21 per day but staff are very quick to fetch vehicle when requested and even help loading and unloading vehicle as needed. FREE breakfast is great with cereals, yogurts, fruit, muffins, hot waffles, etc. I gave this hotel an average rating because of the high parking and the really small room that we had which supposedly sleeps 4 but only had a queen size bed with no option to bring in a roll-away bed or sofa-bed. Bed was not very comfy either.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor which didn't have an ice machine. Only odd number floors had ice. If yo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza? Share your experiences!