“"This place would pass BMT inspection" ~ my son” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2327 Pinn Road, San Antonio, TX 78227 (Far West Side)   |
Ranked #25 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Reedsville, Pennsylvania
“"This place would pass BMT inspection" ~ my son”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you're headed to Lackland AFB (as it seems everyone is) this place is going to suit your needs perfectly. It's conveniently located to the base and is SUPER clean. When my son came rest/relax during his town pass he commented that this place would pass his BMT inspection. And I would agree. Our room was EXTREMELY clean and recently renovated. A++ all around. Oh...the owner/front desk assistant was also friendly and helpful. The only negative is...... Don't drive past the hotel and make a left or right turn. You'll quickly see all the graffiti, etc... that comes with being in a rougher part of town. Fortunately this hotel has a fenced parking area and is very well lit so we really didn't worry about our rental car too much. (but we did take all valuables inside.) With all things considered, I wouldn't look anywhere else for lodging if headed to the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
pinnroadinn74, Owner at Pinn Road Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for you amazing review. We are glad that your had a wonderful time staying here with us and Congratulations to and your son.We also have enjoyed your company as well. Again thank you for your wonderful review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place was great, we stayed four nights and the bed was very comfortable. Great stay at a great price. All I can say is that the sheets smell fresh and the room was very clean. Plastic on the mattresses were refreshing to see! The housekeeper makes towel animals as well, the room had a wall mounted flat screen TV, small refrigerator with freezer and a microwave. Free wifi and ironing board. The owners really try to add all the little extras and even printed off a map and itinerary for our trip to Lackland Air Force Base. This place was close to the base, within 5 minutes driving distance and 8 miles from Sea World. I would recommend staying here and I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank your for you amazing review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here during your BMT and Congratulations. We also have enjoyed your company as well. Again thank your for your wonderful review.
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went to visit my boyfriend for his Air Force graduation. When I first booked this room, I wasn't expecting much because of the price, however, it was better than what I had hoped for. The COMFORTABLE Queen sized beds made me feel like a KING and the full kitchen was super convenient--- we went out to buy groceries so we wouldn't have to spend too much on food. I loved the staff there, -they were so friendly! The best part of the room is that it was SO spacious, CLEAN and was cleaned every day. Upon arrival, they gave us directions to the nearby supermarkets and the AFB (which was a five minute drive away). The only down side to this amazing Inn is the location-- its not in the best looking area of town. Everything else was great.
I would book my stay here, again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for you wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here During your boyfriends BMT We also have enjoyed your company as well. Again thank you for your review.
Chula Vista, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loved having a full sized kitchen, we SAVED SO much by not having to eat out our whole trip! Queen size sure was ample room for 4 of us to share! The staff was ALWAYS friendly, available and extremly helpful! EASY to get to and from Lackland AFB. Downsides: No pool, location in terms of part of city, but secure!

• Stayed July 2012
We like to thank you for you review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here during your BMT. We also enjoyed your company as well and Congratulations. Again thank you for you review.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family came here just from a night away from home and to relax and I was pretty impressed not only by the price but the customer service is amazing the lady who works here is so nice! But the room was so impressive. The room was clean and the bed was just amazing. It's a great secret since its in kinda of a shady(or what looks like a shady) area but its not its a very quiet area. It's completely safe and extremely comfortable. I would definitely come here again and refer this motel to everyone.

Again the beds are amazing!!!! My daughter, my boyfriend and I slept the best we slept in a long time!!!!!! :D

Room Tip: The 2 queens are great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you review. We are glad you had a wonderful time here. We also enjoyed your company as well. Again Thank you for you review.
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were very, very pleased with this hotel!! Both men at the desk were very helpful and kind. They even gave us a packet of information for graduation weekend (our son graduated USAF BMT)...with a list of directions to stores, restaurants, etc. Our room was VERY spacious...we got a King suite. It had a full kitchen, with utensils, bowls, plates and mugs, which we utilized every day for breakfast. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a pull out full size bed which was also very comfortable. Each day the room was cleaned with TONS of fresh linens! Upon leaving, the office even let us go in and check in for our flight and print off our boarding passes. This location is about 2 miles from Lackland AFB....very easy to get to if you are staying there for graduation. Overall....VERY pleased!!! If you are looking for something affordable and close to base, then this is the place for you. Also, the area was very quiet. It isn't the Hilton, but we loved it there :)

Room Tip: I would recommend the suites....very spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. we also have enjoyed your company as well. congratulations to you and your son. Again Thank you for you review.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We checked in after booking through an online hotel service. We thought everything was great the first night. Room was large (one bedroom suite) and service was good. We returned back the following day and my teen complained about itching. There were multiple bites all over her arm and abdomen. I'd seen news reports, so had my spouse check the beds. There were bedbugs on the pillows and mattress. I called the office to come look. The younger guy apologized and offered to move us into two king rooms with no charge for the night. Then, the older guy got involved and tried to act like WE had contaminated the room! I was VERY upset! How would we transfer bedbugs of varying size throughout different parts of the room after being here for 20 hours??? He told us to just find another hotel and suggested a few. I explained that I'm not going to move bedbugs to another hotel, pack up my kids at 10 pm or try to find a hotel that late. I said we'd stay a night to wash all of our belongings and leave in the morning. Now, I'm exhausted already, but he's adamant that we should just leave. Suddenly, he only has two staff rooms left that have full size beds. So, 2 adults and 4 kids (including a 7 months old) are stuck in two nasty rooms with little beds for the night. Also, I get an email from the online booking site that we were reported as a no show and charged for the night. Seriously?!? This is ridiculous! I was very excited about staying. This has ruined our graduation experience. Pulling an all nighter to get laundry done and have to search all over town for another hotel in the morning. I DON'T recommend this hotel for anyone. I would've been ok with "I'm sorry. How may we correct this?" It's just ridiculous

• Stayed December 2012
pinnroadinn74, Owner at Pinn Road Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I would like to apologize for the inconvenient we have caused you during your stay. I had offer you two of my last king rooms to correct the problem since you have a family of 2 adults and 4 kids and a 7 month child and you had declined that offer and said I would like to think about it and then 5 hour later you decided to stay. We were looking for another hotel for you to stay at since you didn’t want to take our king rooms because they were in two different buildings since you were a family of 7. I had also mentioned that we will comp you rooms for those nights as well too we have not made any charges to you. So we have tried to accommodating you and looked for a hotel for your family to correct the problem and i did apologized to you and have comp you stay. Again I would like to apologize for the inconvenient we have caused you during your stay.

Been to Pinn Road Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!