“Iconic San Antonio Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Crownhill
San Antonio, Texas
“Iconic San Antonio Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Barn Door is a great place. We've been coming here for twenty years. It was the only place where my Dad could get soft shell crabs. The steaks are excellent. The salmon I had on our last visit was perfectly grilled. They serve a great mixed grill of sausage, quail and 4 oz filet. The house creamy garlic salad dressing is delicious. Have to remember they are closed on Monday.

• Visited August 2013

Hearne, Texas
“Night at the Barn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The wife and I were in San Antonio over the weekend. She had a conference to attend. I suggested we go to the Barn Door and celebrate the conference being over. We both had a steak and it was very good. good baked potato and great salad. The place is nice and clean. I thought I knew where I was going since we were coming from downtown but I missed my exit and made a circle but we got there and had a great meal. I would recommend this place to anyone. It's kinda out of the way but worth it. Mostly locals go here probably unless recommended..

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio
“Best Steakhouse in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Have been coming here for years and always happy! More than just Steaks. They offer Lamb and chicken as well. Homemade salad dressings and rolls! Unique atmosphere. You really do feel the Old West vibe here! Wonderful Staff. Great for special occasions as they have rooms that you can use for all sizes of groups. Had my Rehearsal dinner here. I Love the Filet Mignon. Chateaubriand is large enough to feed 3 adults and comes with salad for 2 and rolls. This restaurant has been around since 1950's. A truly one of a kind place in san Antonio. I highly recommend this place for special occasions and dates as well as weekend destination.

• Visited June 2013
Universal City
“Melt in your mouth steak.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been eating at The Barn Door for over 40 years. Each visit the service is great and the steaks are delicious! They have the best steaks anywhere as far as I am concerned. The atmosphere is quiet and friendly. The ham bags from the ceiling maybe a little hokey but that is what I grew up with. Its nice to see some things don't change. I have always wanted them to improve their bar area. It needs some dressing up. Other than that, The Barn Door is for me. Also their seafood is wonderful. You wouldn't think they would have great seafood but they do. I enjoyed a Ribeye and 3 fried shrimp. Delicious!

• Visited July 2013
Spring, Texas
“Can't Recommend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Visited the Barn Door restaurant for the first time in many years, remembering the good steaks we used to enjoy there. Big disappointment! The staff is still great and the place is still charming, but the food was just not good. Hubby's baked potato was served old and cold, and his ribeye was more than half fat. I ordered the baby back ribs, a special of the evening, and found them tender but almost tasteless. Didn't care for the light BBQ sauce served on the side. Salads were OK, service was good, but based on this visit, cannot recommend the food.

• Visited June 2013