“Good food but too pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas de Brazil San Antonio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 4,141 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Houston St. & Navarro St.
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Good food but too pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Very nice restaurant, often crowded, good meat cuts. Sometimes they tend to offer too much chicken or sausages, but overall it was very good. I was not in the mood for meat that night, as were my companions, and opted for the buffet. I fixed myself a great plate of smoked salmon with arugula, mozzarella and swiss cheese with crusty bread. It was delicious too. Cheese cake for dessert rounded the meal. It was nice but pricey. Wines are very expensive, even national brands.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Horrible service. Overpriced. Food good....if you can get any.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We are at Texas De Brazil in San Antonio. The Gauchos who bring the meats are few and far between. I think we've been offered sausage 3 times. The lamb that I have requested twice did not come. I was finally offered some steak and they asked how I wanted it cooked. The medium rare was medium well and very dry. We finally got meat after I became upset; however the sides they brought, over 20 minutes before the meat, were cold. No one offered to replenish them. 3 days before we came, we signed up for the email club. They say they will send you a welcome promotion. We never received it. We asked the manager about this and he basically said it could take up to 2 weeks and there is nothing he can do. We won't be here for 2 weeks. For an upscale restaurant that charges $50.00 per person, I expected more. We won't be returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Great dinner with friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A group of six of us made reservations weeks in advance for dinner during a business meeting in San Antonio. Four of us had not been to a Brazilian style steakhouse before.

We all enjoyed the experience and trying the various cuts that were brought around. I was surprised by how tender and tasty the Flank Steak was.

We had a rather long wait for dinner, despite our reservation and my calling twice to confirm. Management recognized we were not happy about the wait and was kind enough to apologize to the group and offered us complimentary desserts. This was greatly appreciated!

We suggested other friends visit here later in the week as we were in town for four days.

Visited February 2014
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited Fago de Chao the last time we were in San Antonio. We decided to compare. We liked Texas de Brazil better. The atmosphere was nicer, the food was better (especially meats), and we were entertained by the acrobatic wine retriever. The dinners were also $5 a piece less than their competitor. We signed up for their e-club and got another $25 off for our first visit. They have a great wine selection at very good prices. The wait staff were all very friendly and helpful. The meat skewers came by very frequently.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“One of the best meals I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were in town from Detroit and dropped in not knowing what to expect. The food and service were outstanding and they had a trapeze artist preforming on the back wall. Pro tip: Wear your buffet pants.

• Visited July 2013