“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cibolo Moon

Cibolo Moon
23808 Resort Parkway, JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, San Antonio, TX 78261
210-491-5864
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cibolo Moon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,892 Restaurants in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Our premier restaurant in North San Antonio features Southwestern and Mexican inspired cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy an expansive breakfast buffet, daily Blue Plate specials, traditional Mexican favorites, outstanding Texas BBQ and more.
Texas
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our waitress was wonderful and friendly! The food was DELICIOUS and my specialty margarita was fantastic!

Visited May 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Salty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is the main dining area for the JW Marriott Resort. I have been to Texas before but never experienced such salty food. We ate here four times during our weekend visit (breakfast and lunch) and every meal was "wicked" salty. Add that to the service problems, and, well, we expected better. One day at lunch I ordered a chicken ceasar salad. It took a long time to arrive and came with no dressing. The waitress went to get some. Meanwhile, another waitress came with another chicken ceasar salad. It too had no dressing even though she said it did. She removed the first salad. The first waitress came back with the dressing. Then the second waitress returned also with more dressing. Did I mention that the dressing was salty?

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great appetizers !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The chopped brisket with chips is a LOT to eat, and soooo tasty. Order it to share, or as a meal in itself.

Visited May 2013
Mount Sinai, New York
“You should eat here if staying at the JW Marriott Hill Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was looking for a nice restaurant with a Tex/Mex flavor and Cibolo Moon was perfect for this. They bring excellent biscuits with a jalapeno infused jam to start. The appetizers were also great and not too filling. I had the bacon wrapped scallops as the appetizer, and you can't go wrong with those. For the main dish the BBQ brisket was cooked perfectly and tasted great. My wife had the fresh fish of the day and like that as well. We were way too full for dessert. If I had one complaint, it was that the service was too fast. We expected to have a nice slow two hour meal, and were done very quickly, in under an hour. I expect that in NY, not Texas!

Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have eaten at Cibolo Moon several times while staying at the JW Marriott and must say it has by far the best breakfast buffet I have ever had! All of their food is of the highest quality and all tastes made from scratch. They also serve delicious home made buttermilk biscuits with jalapeno jam with dinner. They were so good that I ate all of them and was almost too full to eat my dinner! If you are there for breakfast, don't skip the home made cinnamon rolls.

Visited April 2013