“Wonderful experince!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
TX
“Wonderful experince!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Our family of four stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while vacationing in the city. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff went above and beyond to meet our every need. The breakfast and complimentary evening meals were delicious. The kids preferred to eat at the hotel instead of dining out, which saved us lots of money! I was impressed that the general manager was on hand at almost every meal to make sure everyone was satisfied. He even helped clean the tables- impressive! The two room suite was spacious and well equipped. We will definitely stay here again when we return to San Antonio!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Milliken, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

What a great place to stay. Well appointed rooms at a decent rate. Staff were overly friendly and helpful. Close to the river walk, the Alamo and many other attractions. Will stay here again the next time we are in SA.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We were in San Antonio for a friends wedding. We decided to stay here vs. where the wedding was being held because of the value! This hotel was awesome for our stay. There was a hot breakfast every morning and my husband and I even enjoyed the complimentary dinner a few of the evenings. I personally loved the added touch of the fresh popcorn in the lobby. Everyone was very helpful throughout our stay. Our room was located all the way at the end of the hallway which made for long walks to the elevator, but it was nice because it was quieter. The pool area was great and not very busy.

If we ever go back to San Antonio, I would stay at this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel! Massive, spotlessly clean rooms, ample parking, outdoor pool, and funny, friendly staff. I was amazed at the offerings at the complimentary breakfast buffet - much more than coffee and donuts. Rooms are fitted with a microwave and a fridge. I would stay here again based on value and high quality facilities.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bountiful, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Drury Plaza North in San Antonio was a wonderful surprise! Their service is GREAT and the rooms are clean and the bed and pillows were great. The bathroom was plenty large for 2 people to move around in. The Internet was fast and free and I loved the covered parking, especially in hot weather. Great location for airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

When we come to this place, it is truly my second home in San Antonio......This time I was able to redeem a free night on my Jacuzzi Suite....(which I always get here) the room is very spacious and very accommodating. Love the little fridge, and sink, although the faucet was a little to big for the sinks....(please fix...but no biggie) just use the bathroom sink.......What I love about the room is that it has separate space for the kids, and they have their own t.v. and the distance between the two leaves us able to hear our own shows.....the King bed is NICE, and the sheets are always fresh.....they always changed out the sheets each afternoon.......LOVE THIS!! I know I am all over this review probably repeating myself, but it's because I love this place....... We did get a second room on this trip as I was working and the kids and Mother in law can be In a suite across the hall....not disturbing me.......this room was a double room, but unlike other hotel rooms that are double this was very very very big, so was the bathroom!!!! This place also has a great workout facility which is connected to the laundry room facility which we used a lot with all the swimming the kiddos did.....Which Reminds me the pool is extremely perfect because we like sun, (somewhat roof-top...5th floor) and although being a family oriented hotel many families don't like the sun which makes it perfect for adults to sun bath and relax without all the added noise........ (Love kids but also love this perk lol)..... Another plus for this property is that it has garage parking just another added security feature which makes it very worry free to stay here......... Plus you are not having to go through the lobby every time which sometimes I don't like......because I do like my privacy;), and the garage allows you to go straight to your floor!!! The property also has a FULL breakfast you can have eggs sausage sometimes there's potatoes, oatmeal, fresh yogurt fruits, bread, cream cheese juices etc. And in the evening they have a full dinner with wine and beer for the adults (drink card).....,and the PLUS about this is,........ The full breakfast, and full dinner, with wine and spirits are all free to staying customers!!!!!!! How can you go wrong? There are computers downstairs as well as a printer to print out anything you may need for work or travel..... You would be crazy to stay anymore else! Marriott doesn't offer a lot of these amenities nor does your Hilton or Hyatt.......One thing that you must do if you start to stay at this hotel chain is you must become a gold key member another perk that if you stay here every dollar counts towards free nights it's a program that earns you free nights quicker than many of the hotels out there..... If you have kids or NOT...... you would be crazy to go anywhere else in San Antonio this is where I stay when I come, I hope I bump into you if you stay when we come.....just meet me pool side:) Chef Michelle!!

Room Tip: Whatever room you choose you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was our first experience staying at the Drury and it was fantastic! I have booked meetings and rooms for employees, but never stayed there myself. Every moment of our stay was wonderful-the staff, the room, the beds/pillows, HBO, the daily breakfast and happy hour, bathroom amenities, etc. I could go on and on. Some of the shining stars were: George Ramirez (Assistant General Manager), Jorge and Naudia (breakfast/dinner). These folks, along with every single smiling associate made us feel as if we were visiting family. It was a busy weekend since it was during Fiesta, but they handled it like pros. It's all so clean and the price-oh the price! Such a deal! It's a great place and they've thought of everything. I didn't want to go home!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio North? Share your experiences!