“Mid Priced Hotel: Great Value and Services” 4 of 5 stars

Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   823 North Loop 1604 East, San Antonio, TX 78232   |
Ranked #2 of 352 hotels in San Antonio
Whistler, Canada
“Mid Priced Hotel: Great Value and Services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The location is convenient to the Riverwalk and Shops. The staff are very professional and friendly, always willing to help and solve problems (not that were any); they also are willing to help with suggestions on things to do. The front desk called the night before my checkout to make sure my stay was a great one and arrange for a taxi to the airport for me. The complimentary wifi, breakfasts and happy hours are a great value add to all guests. Recommended stay for a mid priced hotel.

• Stayed April 2013

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
New Albany, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am glad we stayed at this great Hotel. First, the staff were very friendly and professional. This hotel is super clean. It is in a safe area also. The free breakfast and lunch are a bonus. I recommend this hotel to anyone. You will not be disappointed. Thanks again to all the hotel staff for making our trip great!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

let me start by telling you guys that I visit San Antonio many times a year. I have stayed at all hotels in the Riverwalk and many through out San Antonio. never have I been as impressed by a hotel chain before! Me an my wife decided to go for the weekend while kids were camping with their grandparents. The minute we pulled up, everyone including management greeted us and was very, very friendly. They checked us in and told us about the awesome amenities such as the free popcorn and sodas thoughout the day. Also they gave us the information about their inclusive breakfast and 5:30 kickback! me and my wife went up to our room and headed out to San Antonio Downtown, which was only about 15 minutes away, which is perfect for me because i cant deal with all those downtown drunk people! We headed back to the Hotel around 5:30 and were just in time for the kickback! let me tell you I was expecting a mediocre drink menu and snacks, but it quickly proved me wrong. They had an excellent pasta, better than most local italian joints! also an incredible soup and baked potato! They also had Nachos, hot dog's, salad, and a few other things to eat. They provide up to 3 alcoholic beverages for each person and I had to very cold beers and one very tasty margarita! After dinner relax for a few minutes and hit the hot tub and the rooftop pool! next morning we went down for breakfast and was surprised of all of the options they had! They had Cereal, yogurts, pastries, Eggs, Sausage, Hasbrown, pancakes, waffles! it was amazing! for the next few days service was amazing, and our hotel was cleaned every day! Hotel was spotless, very clean so I made sure to tip the cleaning crew! I will be going again next month taking kids to schlitterbaun and will be staying there for sure. I also wand to add that their parking garage is very secure, had a brand new luxury car with us that day full of shopping bags and had no issues! My personal opinion is not to be influenced by those very few isolated bad reviews!

Room Tip: King bed is very comfortable!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my 1st time staying at this Hotel Chain. It started off really bad our first room was 2 Queen Bedroom on the 9th floor. When we first arrived too the room we inspected the room and found hairs all over the sheets and pillow cases very disgusting not just one or two multiple hairs and lint stuck to the white sheets and on the pillow cases they also had a stain and a bug on it. I killed the bug wrapped it in a napkin and took it to the lobby desk. They were apologizing for this, I demanded a new room but they stated they did not have any more 2 Queen rooms so they stuck me in a 1 king bed and sofa bed suite. The second room was nice and clean and they credited me one night stay but it did not make up for that disgusting sight of the first room. I never spoke to management nor did they contact me and make sure I was okay. I had to move from to room and on top that had to deal with a small uncomfortable full size sofa bed for my children. Building appearance was nice and so were the pool and spa. The breakfast was okay your normal free breakfast, coffee offered was horrible. Overall experience was below my expectations and I will NOT stay at this location ever again. BEWARE OF DIRTY ROOMS AND BUGS!!! CHECK YOUR SHEETS!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to Drury Plaza Hotel North and for your candid feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and deeply regret any disappointment.

All of our guest rooms are cleaned and inspected daily. Clearly, we made a terrible error in this case. However, we would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our ability to provide an outstanding hotel experience. Please contact me directly at your convenience.

Michael Bazar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms at good rates, but far from most of the action downtown. The cleaning folks skipped our rooms and we had to call for towels and a linen change. The pool area is nice but gets no late afternoon sun. The breakfast is good but could use more variety. The highways are VERY difficult to navigate if you are not from Texas or have a similar highway system. it's very easy to get lost and are very frustrating to traverse.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for visiting us at Drury Plaza Hotel North. I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your visit overall but found the highway system difficult. We enjoy a great location in north San Antonio near many corporate offices and hospitals with an easy drive to attractions like Fiesta Texas and the Riverwalk – without the traffic congestion associated with those immediate areas.

All improvements to the highway system in the vicinity of our location have now been completed. We hope you notice an improvement on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Michael Bazar
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great stay! A little pricy, but extremely worth it...I may have gone during a busy time. Nevertheless, amazing stay! Great staff! Great breakfast! I will continue to stay at Drury Inn!
One would pleasure themselves greatly by coming to this little diamond!

Room Tip: Loved my stay!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was very lucky to stay at this hotel for three days this past week. If you want to stay where everything is done to perfection stay here. Ana at the front desk was incredibly personable. She had all the best recommendations and produced directions in a split second. Ana is the dream employee of any business. For three days I never saw her be anything less than happy, professional and spot on. Joe the GM gave an extremely personal touch to each guest. He is by far the best manager I have experienced in any hotel I have stayed at in over 30 yrs and around the world. The hotel is spotless, beautiful and 2 yrs old. They give you free breakfast, hot snacks at night like hot dogs, mac and cheese, nachos, baked potato and toppings etc. along with 3 free cocktails. There is coffee, soda and popcorn available all the time. I feel like I made two great friends there and cannot wait to return. Try it. You will love this place!!!

Room Tip: I always like high floor, quiet rooms with scenic view in any hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio North? Share your experiences!