“Definitely Worth a Try” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn / La Hacienda Alamo Dome / Riverwalk

You added Knights Inn / La Hacienda Alamo Dome / Riverwalk to your Saves list
Knights Inn / La Hacienda Alamo Dome / Riverwalk
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1524 East Commerce Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Ranked #141 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Worth, Texas
“Definitely Worth a Try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel was very clean. The room was more than spacious enough for my son and I. The rustic decor was very appealing. Of course it wasn't the Omni or Wyndham but for the price, I would stay there again. The location did not bother me at all. Overall positive experience.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Merida, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I know some people will stay at Knights Inn (La Hacienda Inn) and say that it is not very nice. Well, it is NOT the Hilton or Hyatt but you are not going to pay the price of those hotels.

What it is is a clean hotel run by VERY nice people in a very close to downtown area. Is it safe? I have stayed there many times in the past years and have never had a problem. on this trip I walked to the Alamo and the convention center and had not fear of anything. Would I walk at night in that area? No, but I would not walk at night in most parts of San Antonio!!!!

If you want a moderate priced hotel with good service and one that is clean then this is a very good election. I highly recommend this hotel and will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Little Elm, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had a very good experience there near the end of Feb. 2014. Very clean and quiet! I loved the rustic wooden furniture in the rooms. Near downtown and very reasonably priced. Seems to be family-owned and operated.

I did not feel it was dangerous to return at night by taxi but I would not walk there at night. Day-time would be fine. No restaurents nearby. Minimal Continental breakfast - apples, bananas, wrapped pastries. Chips and sodas/water available in the lobby for $1 each - honor system. For that price, you can afford to go eat nicely.

I am going back next week (same type of business trip).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Little Elm, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This small hotel is a delight! It seems to be family-owned and operated. Very clean, very quiet, and quite a reasonable price. Not a good area for walking at night but prefectly safe. No restaurents nearby but taxis are available to go downtown. For what you save on room costs, you can afford taxis and eating down on the Riverwalk!

The breakfast is very Continental - bananas or apples, prepared sweet pastries. Each room has a mini-frig and microwave. They have wi-fi but I didn't use it.

I love the decor - very rustic, wood furniture in the rooms. Nice sized bathrooms.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were quiet. No pool and no restaurent.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Some people have made negative comments about this hotel. Why? There is nothing wrong with it. It is clean, very comfortable, excellently priced and so close to everything you would want to see.

The owners are telling the truth when they say that the area is safe but poor.

For the price, if you want to complain, you should pay more and get less from some place else.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Donna, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Our room was not clean, hallway carpets were stained and dirty, shower curtain old and cracked.
The area around the hotel was run down. There wasn't a breakfast area. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Reserved a month in advance, gave credit card info to reserve a room and we were given a confirmation number for our reservation. Then 4 days before our trip when I called to ensure our room would be ready, the same man who took my reservation a month ago told me the system was down and he could not check on my reservation, he said that he had plenty of rooms for the dates we were to be in town and I should not worry about having my room available. Just to be on the safe side I called again two days later, two days before our trip. The same man answered, I again asked for confirmation that our room would be ready. He again said that his system was down, BUT now in stead of there being plenty of rooms he said he was fully booked. After a very confusing and unacceptable few minuets of Q and A him he concluded that we were not one of those bookings. He offered to transfer our reservation to a different hotel but it was further away from where we needed to be in the morning. He had no other options for us. We made our reservation a month in advanced to ensure our trip go smoothly and the staff/management/ownership (i think it is family owned and operated) was a real disappointment. With so many great reviews we were really let down by this place and the gentleman, said his name was Nicky or Micky, who failed to adequately resolve the problem he created by disguarding, misplacing, or double booking our reservation. He also, did not call me back when he said he would, which left us scrambling to find an adequate substitute hotel.. We ultimatly cancalled the credit card we used to reserve the room as well as called Nicky/Micky at Knights Inn to cancel with him over the phone.We wanted to enjoy all this place had to offer, sadly we did not get the chance. Tread with caution. Have option 2 just in case.-vic01.15.14

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn / La Hacienda Alamo Dome / Riverwalk? Share your experiences!